Thurmans Jersey to be retired!

Thurman was on One Bills Live and Tasker was asking about if anyone else wanted to wear #34 and apparently Leodis wanted it when he was a rookie and the trainer/equipment manager said he couldn't have it.  I got a kick out of that.

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

78 has not been officially retired yet

yes it has

1 hour ago, MJS said:

They'll probably do Andre too. Hope they call it quits after that. Nobody else deserves it.

OJ would have too, but then, you know, he killed people.

no a jury of his peers said otherwise, so unless you were there and know differently then that is how it is.  Judgement is a disease find the cure.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

no a jury of his peers said otherwise, so unless you were there and know differently then that is how it is.  Judgement is a disease find the cure.

Haha. You're one of those. Ok.

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

And proud of it.  Thankful to God I'm not one of you.

Dude, stop judging me. Don't you know that judgement is a disease? I heard there is a cure...

3 hours ago, JLO said:

Why are they doing this when the Pats are in town? Brady and Belicheat are going to take a big dump all over the festivities. A more appropriate game would be the Dolphins who Thurman killed on a regular basis.

Sure, the Dolphins, the last team Thurman played for.....

TT has proven to be an incredible player, a team mate second  to none, a great friend of many, a huge supporter of Buffalo and the Bills, an ever present personality at many events, charities and exhibitions, a guy who gets Buffalo, and a very kind person.

For a young man with a bad knee who we drafted when others slept, did we ever get a bargain.

I am very proud of the Bills today. 

I have been proud of TT for years

Where’s the love for Bubby Braxton & Cookie Gilchrist?

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Hopefully they don't go overboard like the Sabres did, and with a blink of an eye, you had 7 numbers retired, when in reality there should be two or three(definitely 11 & 39...and maybe 2 because of the circumstances).

I agree. Sabres went a little overboard. But the French Connection, Hasek & Lafontaine deserve it.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:26 PM, JLO said:

Why are they doing this when the Pats are in town? Brady and Belicheat are going to take a big dump all over the festivities. A more appropriate game would be the Dolphins who Thurman killed on a regular basis.

I have sent all the folks I know at OBD the suggestion they do this in pregame, and not halftime for a couple of reasons

1) 3/4 of the stadium empties out at halftime for beers and bathroom..always feel bad for these guys when they do their speech and no one is there.

2) It will suck if people are surly cause the Pats are whooping on the Bills

3) The current players and coaches always miss these things cause they are at halftime..screw that, let these guys see how we love are great players, that maybe will inspire them!

Football is the only sport that does this stuff at halftime..its dumb. I know they have a hard start at 1:05, trust me people will get in 20 minutes early for this.

Couple years back when Kelly spoke at the Maimi opener, almost everyone got in early to hear him talk, and the place was way more filled than it would have been at halftime. Yep , some idiots complained about not getting in on time to hear him, but that was only the knuckleheads that could not leave a tailgate till 12:30 and then expect to be in their seat at 12.50

BTW, I have also complained for years us  creatins in the upper deck cannot hear a word that is said from a field level ceremony..they need to fix that somehow.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1