What did Fitz say about Whaley at the Roast: Redux

Fitz was one of my favorite players of the drought. It’s certainly interesting to me that Fitz came back to buffalo for the Wood speech and this Fred roast, while being on another team. I guess it’s not something that comes up to often, but how many other players would go back to their old team for something like that, while they are active in the league? After retirement I can see it. But it seems like it’s unusual that a player that’s on Tampa, went back to Buffalo for these events. Maybe it’s just me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting to here the awkward murmur that went through the crowd when Fitz mentioned "Russ Brandon's incident from last year". Sounds like folks around the building were aware of the scummy moves, just like most of Buffalo was.

I didn't think there was a murmur indicative of anything. I do think it was interesting a joke of that nature existed.

Since most of people in buffalo were aware of how scummy Brandon was, and nothing specific ever came to light, care to share?

On 5/17/2018 at 9:30 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I felt he was unfairly criticized for a number of factors beyond his control.  He brought in talent, as can be seen by the fact that many of his signings and draftees are playing around the league for contending teams, a very different situation than when he arrived.  That's a bit different than "liking" the man.  I don't "like" people I don't know.

I do like logic and evidence, which you seem perfectly happy without.  For example, there is nothing in that roast that makes it more, or less, likely that Whaley was the source of the leaks - many of which undercut him and made him look seriously bad.

For whatever reason, this seems to be something you believe devoutly as an article of faith and find impossible to let go.

People who hate on Whaley are unreasonable for the most part. He had his bad moves, chiefly the Watkins trade. 

But these guys are trotting out jokes told by guys who were cut by him. Fitz and Fred are bitter towards Whaley? No way. Those guys had a chance to be successful before him and after him. They didnt do it either time. Cutting fred as much as I like him, and thought it was more of a rex move, was the right move at that time. He did nothing after that. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B