What did Fitz say about Whaley at the Roast: Redux

You HAVE to love Fitz!  Great guy...

I was laughing non-stop throughout the entire thing.

I think his Eric Wood bit was the best of it all, but it was all great.

Fitz on Freddy: "Weird tooth to gum ratio"   LMFAO

:lol:

On May 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM, ddaryl said:

Murph. ..

Now its my pleasure ot introudce one of the great all time .... guys.. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ryan F. Kind of like when i signed that Big fat contract in 2011 then went on and sucked.

The Spineless kitty comment was a heluva a shot across the Whaley bow

That was not a shot across the bow! 

That was a full broadside hammered home from close range!

Wow!  That was truly hilarious...not just funny cuz it is a bunch of guys on a team we like, goofing off. Fitz will be in the broadcasting as soon as he retires, I would guess, once this makes the rounds.  

As funny as it was, I was actually a little shocked by some of it.  The Whaley comment was pretty outrageous (though funny)...but the comment he made about Freddie wanting to cash checks from the Pegulas for years to come, just like Kelly, Thomas and Reed was probably the most shocking to me.  

As for John Murphy, I think the guy has much more personality, and a great sense of humor, but he just won't exhibit on his radio show.  I remember, in the early days of his show, he said something slightly "left leaning" on some social issue (can't remember for the life of me what it was, maybe pro gun control legislation), and a few callers really took him to task for it, calling him a "lib-tard", yadda yadda yadda...apparantly one of Murphs' brothers is a judge in WNY?  It got pretty ugly, quickly...I kind of wonder if he has instructions (or maybe has just made a conscious effort) not to reveal too much personality?  Either way, I find his show comforting, if not great.  I

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I felt he was unfairly criticized for a number of factors beyond his control.  He brought in talent, as can be seen by the fact that many of his signings and draftees are playing around the league for contending teams, a very different situation than when he arrived.  That's a bit different than "liking" the man.  I don't "like" people I don't know.

I do like logic and evidence, which you seem perfectly happy without.  For example, there is nothing in that roast that makes it more, or less, likely that Whaley was the source of the leaks - many of which undercut him and made him look seriously bad.

For whatever reason, this seems to be something you believe devoutly as an article of faith and find impossible to let go.

The funny thing is that I thought of YOU specifically when I wrote the initial post.  It comes as no surprise whatsoever that you responded and are so defensive.

I like logic and evidence as well.  Indeed, my profession revolves around logic and evidence.  Under the circumstances,  logic and evidence point toward Whaley who was in self preservation mode and attempting to save his job.  The fact that he was a spineless you know what (as Fitz described him for all of us) confirms that Whaley is just the kind of person who would throw someone else under the bus while trying to deflect and save his own job. The fact that these types of rumors stopped when he was let go should come as no surprise to anyone who was paying attention.

I am sorry that I am not able to give you the recording of Whaley's conversation with Jason La Canfora.

God bless.

Edited by Peter

5 hours ago, Peter said:

The funny thing is that I thought of YOU specifically when I wrote the initial post.  It comes as no surprise whatsoever that you responded and are so defensive.

I like logic and evidence as well.  Indeed, my profession revolves around logic and evidence.  Under the circumstances,  logic and evidence point toward Whaley who was in self preservation mode and attempting to save his job.  The fact that he was a spineless you know what (as Fitz described him for all of us) confirms that Whaley is just the kind of person who would throw someone else under the bus while trying to deflect and save his own job. The fact that these types of rumors stopped when he was let go should come as no surprise to anyone who was paying attention.

I am sorry that I am not able to give you the recording of Whaley's conversation with Jason La Canfora.

God bless.

There are people like Hap who will completely defend Whaley no matter what.  I don’t get it.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that allowed at a roast?  I thought the "roastee" got to take it all, no "return fire"?

I thought the roasts on Comedy Central ended with the Roastee getting the podium. It's true, he has to sit there and take it the whole night. But at the end he finally gets to speak and dish it all back.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that allowed at a roast?  I thought the "roastee" got to take it all, no "return fire"?

Typically, the roastee has final say after everyone else on the dais has taken their shots. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has not been SOP at the roasts I've attended BUT....in that case... YEAH MAN, let's hear what FredEx said!

That has always been standard protocol at roasts so those that don’t give the roastee final say are the exception.

Great post and a great laugh! DIdn't know Fitz could be funny.  The Whaley joke was the truth.  Even FJ and AW knew that!

Was this one a one time thing? Or have there been Bills Roasting by former teammates before?

19 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Great post and a great laugh! DIdn't know Fitz could be funny.  The Whaley joke was the truth.  Even FJ and AW knew that!

Was this one a one time thing? Or have there been Bills Roasting by former teammates before?

Don't know about bills teammates but they have done this before with sabres players.

Harry Neale had the infamous line of needing a urine, stool and semen sample and just gave them a pair of underwear.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Don't know about bills teammates but they have done this before with sabres players.

Harry Neale had the infamous line of needing a urine, stool and semen sample and just gave them a pair of underwear.

That's an old joke but a great one. I first heard it about thirty years ago, at a concert in Tempe by a band called Too Free Stooges, fronted by the great Dick Rude, who opened the show with that joke and a couple other good ones. 

2 hours ago, gr8billsfan said:

I believe WGR does a "Celebrity Roast" every year.  It has some form of connection to charity, though I'm not clear on what that is - there's a silent auction that benefits Roswell Park "Courage of Carly" fund, but not clear if part of the Roast tickets go to that also or to the event.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's an old joke but a great one. I first heard it about thirty years ago, at a concert in Tempe by a band called Too Free Stooges, fronted by the great Dick Rude, who opened the show with that joke and a couple other good ones. 

It is an old joke but that was the only joke Neale could come up with so it made it stale.

He was mostly good natured when it came to insulting people.

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It is an old joke but that was the only joke Neale could come up with so it made it stale.

He was mostly good natured when it came to insulting people.

He could be funny sometimes during the broadcast but he just wasn’t that good of a color man. Not with the Sabres anyway.