What did Fitz say about Whaley at the Roast: Redux

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Loved it.  Just a sad reminder of another great guy who just couldn’t get it done.  

Why oh why Fitz?

His joke about sucking after his contract was awesome 

Refreshingly rare for a professional athlete to be so self depricating with the contract joke.  Great video.  

21 hours ago, ricojes said:

First of all, it totally sucks that someone recorded that as it might deter future roasters from being as candid.  Secondly, I would like to thank the person that recorded that as it was F---ing hilarious!  Anyone who boo hoo'd the roasting of Fred or roasts in general, tell me that wasn't great and all in good fun.  I laughed the whole way through as Murph was really funny as well, but Fitz killed it!!!!

Also, I think the Shrek joke may have been ad-libbed, but that was a great way to start...

I was down on the idea of a roast and I stand by it.  I’ll give this - Fitz and even Murph were funny as hell.  Watch the rest of the roasters on that YouTube channel.  They aren’t really funny and I think part of the reason was that Fred is not a great person to roast

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Making sexual jokes about Brandon, how ironic.

What did he say about rehab and a dog and peanut butter?  I didn’t understand that joke

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

What did he say about rehab and a dog and peanut butter?  I didn’t understand that joke

It was basically just a way to say that Russ is such a horny perv he lets his dog lick peanut butter off his balls.

Again, the worst kept secret in Buffalo.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Making sexual jokes about Brandon, how ironic.

Reminds of the Matt Lauer roast video that appeared after his termination.  It was well known throughout the company, but his roast was about 10 years before he was fired.

Edited by ricojes
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Peter said:

You always did like Whaley. 

While the evidence is circumstantial, he certainly had opportunity and motive. To paraphrase Fitz, it should not surprise anyone that a spineless you know what was responsible for the leaks and that they stopped after he stopped working for the team.

I felt he was unfairly criticized for a number of factors beyond his control.  He brought in talent, as can be seen by the fact that many of his signings and draftees are playing around the league for contending teams, a very different situation than when he arrived.  That's a bit different than "liking" the man.  I don't "like" people I don't know.

I do like logic and evidence, which you seem perfectly happy without.  For example, there is nothing in that roast that makes it more, or less, likely that Whaley was the source of the leaks - many of which undercut him and made him look seriously bad.

For whatever reason, this seems to be something you believe devoutly as an article of faith and find impossible to let go.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I felt he was unfairly criticized for a number of factors beyond his control.  He brought in talent, as can be seen by the fact that many of his signings and draftees are playing around the league for contending teams, a very different situation than when he arrived.  That's a bit different than "liking" the man.  I don't "like" people I don't know.

I do like logic and evidence, which you seem perfectly happy without.  For example, there is nothing in that roast that makes it more, or less, likely that Whaley was the source of the leaks - many of which undercut him and made him look seriously bad.

For whatever reason, this seems to be something you believe devoutly as an article of faith and find impossible to let go.

Russ was the leaker. Anyone living in reality knows this. Just like most of Buffalo knew he was a creeper for years before it came to a head.

But regardless, I agree the roast doesnt shed any light on this either way. It's a stretch to say so.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can argue that there factors that made his job harder for sure, but to say that he was “unfairly criticized” is a bit much.  Go back through his tenure from an objective standpoint and you should see them.   

Also notice how very few players, coaches or media members go out of their way to praise Whaley?  Most have negatives opinions of him based on the job he did in Buffalo, and it Tim Graham’s reporting has it right, he was about to get canned in 2015 along with Russ after Marrone walked out.  But The Pegula’s needed their help with the coaching search and ended up forming a “bond.”  When you think of it, it’s probably best for all parties of those ties were severed 3 seasons ago.  

Whaley did draft some nice talent - which he had a reputation for being a good talent evaluator.  But you make it sound like he hit homeruns every draft.  His drafts were average to below average.  Also notice how most of his draft picks succeeded when they were off the team?  Shows that he had no clue how to build a team and very little long-term planning (take a look at their salary cap)

Then there’s EJ,Sammy, Marcel’s deal, so much you can get into.  

But the the bottom line is that in 4 seasons as GM, Doug was 30-34 and did little to find a franchise QB.  Most GM’s don’t get a second contract based on those numbers.  (Though I believe Doug did get a second deal.  Good thing Terry came to his senses)

2 hours ago, GG said:

Don't forget that Palmer said that he thinks Allen has a better sense of humor than Fitz.  

Drafting Josh Allen might just be the most important thing to ever happen, ever. At least according to Jordan Palmer. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I was down on the idea of a roast and I stand by it.  I’ll give this - Fitz and even Murph were funny as hell.  Watch the rest of the roasters on that YouTube channel.  They aren’t really funny and I think part of the reason was that Fred is not a great person to roast

I assuming he meant Brandon put peanut butter on his privates and had the dog pick it off.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

On Fred's twin brother:

"Let's ask the wives which they prefer. On one hand, a millionaire professional athlete with a tiny dick. Or a high school janitor with a big dick"

? Boom roasted

I was wondering who Patrick was. Didn’t get that one until this note.