Has a 1st or 2nd round QB you disliked been successful?

52 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Tom Brady. I know he doesn’t fit the criteria but he’s a pigdick 

Good original name for him!  But, you studied film on Brady before he was drafted??

Andy Dalton

Colin Kaepernick for a brief time..

Both didn’t do anything for me and have had periods of success.

On the opposite, I said Derek Carr should go top 10.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Derek Carr comes to mind. I didn’t think that he’d be awful but didn’t think that he’d be good. He’s better than I expected.

That was the first name that came to my mind. I just saw a few games in college, and didn’t think much of him. Not that he’s GREAT, but he’s much better than I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was the first name that came to my mind. I just saw a few games in college, and didn’t think much of him. Not that he’s GREAT, but he’s much better than I thought. 

That’s the irony of it. I’m not even sure that Carr is that good. I think that he’s a middle of the league type of starter. That’s better than I expected but I’m not sure that he’s a guy that you can win championships with. He’s a good QB. 

Not sure if Jameis counts, but he's better than I thought he'd be.  I don't have strong takes on all incoming QBs, though.  And my list of "guys I thought would be good but busted" is pretty long.  Recent negative takes:

Josh Allen

Jameis Winston

Blake Bortles

Johnny Manziel

Ryan Tannehill

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Tim Tebow

1 minute ago, Cash said:

Not sure if Jameis counts, but he's better than I thought he'd be.  I don't have strong takes on all incoming QBs, though.  And my list of "guys I thought would be good but busted" is pretty long.  Recent negative takes:

Josh Allen

Jameis Winston

Blake Bortles

Johnny Manziel

Ryan Tannehill

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Tim Tebow

You were right on most. I would say most people pick the bad QBs pretty well. It's harder picking the good ones. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Derek Carr would be mine.  Still don't think he's as good as some think, but he's way better than I ever thought he'd be.

On the other end, thought RGIII was going to be great, bust city.