Has a 1st or 2nd round QB you disliked been successful?

8 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Cam Newton.

I was so happy when the Panthers "saved us from him" (chan said he would have picked Newton).

And we got Mr. Big Puff. I was very excited.

Figured he would be the one people say the most. I did like Cam though. Playmaker. 

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You still upset about not drafting Rosen?

Upset no. I still think they drafted the wrong QB. Not upset though. 

12 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I still think Phillip Rivers is mediocre

You didn't like Rivers on tape? That's pretty insane. 

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Derek Carr comes to mind. I didn’t think that he’d be awful but didn’t think that he’d be good. He’s better than I expected.

Probably the only name that really sticks out for me too. I guess I could probably put Jimmy G out there as well from the same class.

Jury is still out on more recent classes but Trubisky is probably the biggest candidate for proving me wrong.

It seems like all of these QBs are so scrutinized that I get the impression that they all stink then several of them end up being pretty good.  The draft experts claimed that Goff and Wentz were two of the worst QBs prospects every drafted with a top 2 pick and both are good pros.   

I don’t ever really pretend to know how any of the qb’s are gonna shake out. I don’t know how anyone really could after watching surprise qb after surprise  qb bust or flourish.... one guy that really comes to mind for everyone else is cam newton. I wasn’t on this board yet but over at BBMB there were a ton of “experts” that just knew Newton wasn’t gonna be any good. 

There were really strong opinions on him and a lot of people turned out to be horribly mistaken. 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Derek Carr comes to mind. I didn’t think that he’d be awful but didn’t think that he’d be good. He’s better than I expected.

I just assumed he would be bad since he was David Carr's brother.

That stink still hasn't washed off Derek.

37 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I still think Phillip Rivers is mediocre

Really?

Just mediocre?

I thought Eli was going to be garbage btw, I mean he's very polarizing, with two rings, and also some terrible seasons, but he's better than I assumed I guess.

24 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I just assumed he would be bad since he was David Carr's brother.

That stink still hasn't washed off Derek.

Really?

Just mediocre?

I thought Eli was going to be garbage btw, I mean he's very polarizing, with two rings, and also some terrible seasons, but he's better than I assumed I guess.

Eli is a great one. I wasn't high on him either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Can you name a QB drafted in the 1st or 2nd round you disliked on film but turned out good? 

Who the hell cares whether you like him or not, or if I like him or not, whichever QB you want to name?  Kurt Warner was stacking groceries and now is a HOFer.  Quit pretending you know squat about who will work out and who won't.

People need to quit this incessant whining because the guy they wanted picked wasn't.  You're like a little kid whose mom didn't buy the toy he wanted so he throws a hissy fit, or pouts, or whatever.   I would have preferred Rosen, but it doesn't matter.

Said it yesterday and will continue to quote Coach Boone:  Let the boys play!  Let our QB, and for that matter every other new kid to the roster, actually play before passing judgment.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Who the hell cares whether you like him or not, or if I like him or not, whichever QB you want to name?  Kurt Warner was stacking groceries and now is a HOFer.  Quit pretending you know squat about who will work out and who won't.

People need to quit this incessant whining because the guy they wanted picked wasn't.  You're like a little kid whose mom didn't buy the toy he wanted so he throws a hissy fit, or pouts, or whatever.   I would have preferred Rosen, but it doesn't matter.

Said it yesterday and will continue to quote Coach Boone:  Let the boys play!  Let our QB, and for that matter every other new kid to the roster, actually play before passing judgment.

It's a message board full of opinions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2