Buffalo News in financial trouble

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

it has become boosterism, PR, and supporting/promoting conspicuous consumption. It no longer actually resembles a news agency and I won't apologize for not shedding a tear when it suffers anymore than I did when fill in the blank company fails. 

You sound like a very bitter individual.   Buffalo's got a lot going for it, not the least of which is the dying out of old school pessimism like this...

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well I'm sure you must be proud of how the current administration is doing fighting graft and corruption.

Also, as a reminder, that former first lady was also a senator and a secretary of state. I know, it's not much. Certainly nothing like being a game show host and crooked developer.

One last thing, just so I'm clear. Is it only mob rule when the side you support loses?

Both parties failed the voters horribly in 2016 so while I am a Republican I don't necessarily support the party's nominee 100 percent of the time.  Best case scenario with Trump of which I have some hope for is that he is a circuit breaker for the more polished DC crooks.  While I would have liked to have somebody such as Batman as POTUS in the real world Trump was probably the best alternative for shaking up the status quo.  

Make the case for me in that Clinton in your mind was very accomplished in her jobs as US Senator and SOS.  What legislation has she sponsored that positively impacted 10's of millions of Americans?  What peace negotiations has she performed or what treaties has she drawn up?  Really, Hillary was on par or even below par with Trump in terms of accomplishments.    

I did not complain when Obama won although my expectations were not set high as he did not have a lengthy career on the federal level and was a lightning rod for some unfortunately.  Was not a Obama supporter but was never categorically against him, either.  When Clinton won in '92 it was a fracture of the Republican Party when Ross Perot ran so the "mob" was not squarely in the Clinton corner.  

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic