Eagles Johnson tired of Pats arrogance

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23513629/lane-johnson-philadelphia-eagles-fed-new-england-patriots-arrogance

Bravo Lane!!!!

Here's what pissed me off," Johnson said. "The Patriots, obviously, I respect their coach, I respect Bill [Belichick], I respect Tom Brady, but just because the way that they won the Super Bowls, the Patriot Way, is that how everybody else is supposed to do the same thing? No, it's not. And that's what I got mad at, the arrogance by them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yesterday's news, but it still cracks me up:

One morning in spring training, 2017, he was in the coaches’ room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn’t recognize. The guy said he’d gotten Ichiro’s number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.

“What’s the guy’s name?” asked one of the coaches.

Ichiro scrolled to the end of the text. “Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the f— is Tom Brady?”

The point of the story, which comes via Don Mattingly, is that Ichiro is so focused on baseball that he didn’t know one of the most famous pro athletes today.

Not knowing who Tom Brady is must be pretty awesome.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

Poor little Tommy lost a super bowl and couldn't even shake Foles' hand. And I remember back in 2007 vs NYG, Bill walked off the field after the game was decided but there still was time to go. 

Had the results been different, they'd obviously go through the motions of sportsmanship. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Many great teams are hated during their run -  then often years later are talked about with respect, even by some that hated them during the run.  

I believe the Patriots will be the first team that even years and decades after will not be talked about in the same way.  

The media adores them but I don't think fans will ever come around to talking about them in a positive way.  

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Many great teams are hated during their run -  then often years later are talked about with respect, even by some that hated them during the run.  

I believe the Patriots will be the first team that even years and decades after will not be talked about in the same way.  

The media adores them but I don't think fans will ever come around to talking about them in a positive way.  

Especially when the full extent of their cheating comes out...someday

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They were cocky.  A little different.  

Ha, they didn't even win a Super Bowl. If they had become a "real" dynasty they would have been dancing all over the field! And people here would have been travelling through the country (world?) with their Bills gear on, doing the "Redd Fox Heartache" in bars, hotel lobbies, and anywhere else people gather.

I loved it, too.

Explain the difference between "cocky" and "arrogant"?

Edited by OJABBA

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I think you are quite right. most general football fans think of the Pats* as Cheaters. No one I know-even their own fans- argue with any vehemence that the first 3 wins are legitimate. The main thing to most sport fans I know is that everything they do is tainted. I honestly have no idea if they cheat anymore but they are like the kid in the neighborhood who would cheat anytime he started losing-they have no credibility and the NFL is suffering from it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

He also stated Kraft & B.B. were talking smack about their counterparts. I love it, wish more players would be more outspoken about the Pats. 

Yeah, smack talking really burns me up. I wish the Patriots had never invented it. 

Edited by OJABBA