Micah Hyde on "Good Morning Football"

On whether this is the year the Bills knock off the Patriots: “When Sean got here, he made it clear that we don’t worry about anything else. We worry about ourselves. One of the best things he did last year was take it game by game. Everyone around the league knows for the last 10, 20 years, the New England Patriots have been dominant. They have a great coach, a great quarterback and guys that go about their business and just play football. You have to respect those guys, but at the same time, we go about our business. We handle what we have to do in our facility and in Orchard Park, and from there it takes care of itself."

On how he was able to have a bigger impact in his first year in Buffalo: “Sean came in and with his leadership, he was able to get guys motivated myself included. Leslie Frazier being a great defensive coordinator. My position coaches, the guys I play with. Those guys I play with in the back don’t get enough credit – Tre’Davious White, Jordan Poyer. They go out there every day and compete and I think people are starting to recognize those guys also. We have some guys in Buffalo who are starting to make a name for themselves and the team in general. We are trying to climb up the charts, and the secret is to climb up the charts and make something happen.”

On Josh Allen: “I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do for this football team. The first time I saw him at the complex was yesterday and he was playing ping pong against our chaplain. … The chaplain was winning at that time.”

Edited by Bills4life1924
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Allen isn’t even accurate at ping pong? :cry:

What is the team chaplain doing playing ping pong with the players??  I knew McD is letting this guy have too much influence on the team!

14 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Hyde is rapidly looking like he's going to take over the mantle of "my favorite Bill" after Kyle retires.

Agreed, very likeable and great player. I feel in the next year or 2, there will be several fan favorites

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that it is great that the chaplain went from deciding when to throw the challenge flag to playing the 1st round QB in ping pong. 

They fired that guy! This is the new chaplain. Still way too much power!

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They fired that guy! This is the new chaplain. Still way too much power!

They fired him?!? I mean, I could see pulling the replay responsibilities from the team chaplain but everything else? That seems like a bit much. I thought that they could have just demoted him to offensive quality control or something. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They fired him?!? I mean, I could see pulling the replay responsibilities from the team chaplain but everything else? That seems like a bit much. I thought that they could have just demoted him to offensive quality control or something. 

That was truly a signature moment of the Rex era. Just says it all. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

That was truly a signature moment of the Rex era. Just says it all. 

I honestly thought that it was the low point until the OT punt vs. Miami. The Bills set the franchise record for yards, were eliminated with a tie, gave up like 600 yards and he thought punting there was the right decision!! That makes using the chaplain as the replay guy look like the invention of the forward pass. 

• Like (+1) 1