Big Blitz

Chad Kelly in contention to be Broncos backup

14 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

If Chad's last name is Collins, or Adams, or whatever, this thread does NOT exist.

Nail.  Head.  Boom.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I still don't understand the Broncos. Trevor Siemian was better than of their current QBs and they got rid. They paid a journeyman QB silly money after he had 1 good season in a decade of terrible ones, yet somehow they are being praised. I absolutely expect them to be drafting top 3 in 2019. Joseph is a terrible coach who has never managed to create a good defense. They are going to be a disaster this season.

I agree.  They should not have passed on a QB in the draft.

People questioned John Lynch's hiring as a GM.  Broncos fans will look a the 49ers with envy, wishing a HOF car salesman wasn't running their team still...

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 4:38 PM, Like A Mofo said:

If Chad's last name is Collins, or Adams, or whatever, this thread does NOT exist.

I copied this from another thread where the points made never generated a response.

If he grew up in Beaver Falls, PA or anywhere else, no one cares even though his name is Kelly.  Because his last name is Kelly AND he grew up on GI AND played at St Joe's AND was a 4X, record setting P,  P and K winner AND was a 4 star recruit to Clemson AND had many well publicized screw ups along the way,  WNYers paid attention to his Ol' Miss career.  Even my 83 year old aunt was asking me when and where their games were to be played.  He was fun to watch and their games were very entertaining.  The fans and players there seemed to take to him.  They had never beaten Alabama,  LSU and Auburn in the same year before they did so in 2015.  I believe he actually finished his degree and pretty much behaved himself there. 

I did not and do not want him here.  There is too much politics involved in an NFL QB roster as it is.  Having him on the Bills' roster would make it worse.  His bad behavior has really brought him a lot of bad publicity, almost cost him a college career and definitely cost him draft status and money.  He may have been kicked around enough to have learned something.  Time will tell.  He is talented enough to succeed and is a story worth following

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

On 5/15/2018 at 12:47 PM, Mountain Man said:

I still don't understand the Broncos. Trevor Siemian was better than of their current QBs and they got rid. They paid a journeyman QB silly money after he had 1 good season in a decade of terrible ones, yet somehow they are being praised. I absolutely expect them to be drafting top 3 in 2019. Joseph is a terrible coach who has never managed to create a good defense. They are going to be a disaster this season.

Keenum's way way better than semen

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Keenum's way way better than semen

That was information none of us needed, or wanted, to hear.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

The sad part part is just about any 2nd or 3rd string QB in the league should easily beat out Paxton Lynch for BU QB ;) 

Lynch should be pushing for the starting gig by now......... but he sucks.

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 12:40 PM, Big Blitz said:

Chad Kelly transforms from “little tubby kid” to Denver Broncos’ backup quarterback contender....

Vance Joseph recalled last weekend that Chad Kelly was a “little tubby kid” when he joined the Broncos last year, a Mr. Irrelevant who was not able to play during the 2017 season while recovering from wrist surgery. Kelly has since traded meals with fried foods for dishes featuring spinach and chicken, slimming down his 6-foot-2 frame. And, after about 18 months away from football, Kelly now feels primed to battle Paxton Lynch for Denver’s backup quarterback job.

“I knew I needed to move around, get back to my old playing weight (from) back in early college and high school,” said Kelly, who was listed at 224 pounds at the beginning of last season. “(I’m) kind of feeling I can move around and do some things with my legs, but also (remain) powerful in throwing the ball …

“It’s been (a) really long (wait). But finally getting out here, you can kind of feel like yourself again. This is what you do. This is your job.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/14/chad-kelly-denver-broncos-backup-qb-contender/

Elways Favor does have a shot to secure the BU spot as Lynch Sucks just as much as Chad does 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the Broncos are in serious trouble even if Keenum doesn't get hurt.  

They'll contend for a playoff spot on the strength of their defense. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They'll contend for a playoff spot on the strength of their defense. 

I think their defense will absolutely be stout but don't think they'll be able to score.

I think they'll be 6-10/7-9.

I have no idea how that division will turn out.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think their defense will absolutely be stout but don't think they'll be able to score.

I think they'll be 6-10/7-9.

I have no idea how that division will turn out.  

I think they have enough weapons on offense to be competent with Keenum at the helm. 

Chad Kelly has always seemed like he does not have enough of "it" to be a successful QB in the NFL.

Don't know who Albright is but his tweet has no context.  For a series? For this practice? For the entire training camp?  There have been some good reports as well so i suspect it may be all about today's practice.  It's tough to know until they actually play some football even if it's only the preseason type.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:47 PM, Mountain Man said:

Yo all Case Keenum needed was an okay offense and an absence of Jeff Fisher. So if the Broncos don't hire Fisher, then they're doing it alright.

One of my favorite storylines from last year: 3 quarterbacks from the NFC's best offenses had breakout play after last starting under Fisher 😂 it's priceless

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember there were a LOT of people banging the table hard for this kid (Lynch) over on the old BBMB, and many were quite angry when the Bills passed on him after he “fell into their laps”. There were many cries of “the same old Bills, passing on another franchise QB...”.   lol 

Was it the same at TBD? I only lurked around here at that time.

Edited by BillsFan4

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I remember there were a LOT of people banging the table hard for this kid (Lynch) over on the old BBMB, and many were quite angry when the Bills passed on him after he “fell into their laps”. There were many cries of “the same old Bills, paaaing on franchise QBs...”.   lol 

Was it the same at TBD? I only lurked around here at that time.

The was indeed a band of CK fans here at TSW.  They were all too ready to overlook the major character flaws that McDermott and Beane avoid like the plague.   If he had a last name other than Kelly no way there would have been that much clamoring for him. 

• Like 1

Will Chad continue to jump on the field and start fights with opposing players?

i have it, on good authority, that Chad was signed by the Broncos as a personal favor after a phone call from Uncle Jim to John Elway.

IMHO, he will amount to nothing in the NFL.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The was indeed a band of CK fans here at TSW.  They were all too ready to overlook the major character flaws that McDermott and Beane avoid like the plague.   If he had a last name other than Kelly no way there would have been that much clamoring for him. 

Oops, my bad. I should have been more clear that I meant Paxton Lynch. 

Thanks for answering though. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oops, my bad. I should have been more clear that I meant Paxton Lynch. 

Thanks for answering though. 

That was on me.  I missed the Lynch reference. 

• Like 1

On May 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Like A Mofo said:

This is very true and may have contributed to Chad NOT ending up with the Bills.  Uncle Jim may have been around for advice but there may have been too much pressure playing for the same team. 

I suspect most of the "if his last name weren't Kelly" crowd are not from WNY.  Because if he were from anywhere else, no one would be paying attention either.  As a matter of fact, if he had stayed at Red Lion, not many would have followed his collegiate career either.   But he came back, did well at SJCI, became a 4* recruit to Clemson, and got himself in one mess after another, all of which made the local news because his last name is Kelly.

I did not want him on the Bills, too much politics even if he behaved himself.  I do think he will have an NFL career because he can play the game at warp speed and seems to want it bad enough to keep out of trouble.   When the practice games start, I think he will show exactly that.  A talented and ultra competitive playmaker that will do whatever it takes to succeed.    

I, for one, would think poorly of a person who would sit and watch his brother get buried under a swarm of hostility because taking action would be a bad career move.  He did well at Ole Miss and their fans seem to think highly of him.

• Like 2