Chad Kelly in contention to be Broncos backup

5 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

That defense with Chubb added to it will still be very good at crushing QBs.   If Keenum is anything close to what he was in Minnesota they will be a tough team, they still have pretty good WRs too.    

I’d be quite surprised if Denver won more than 8 games.

8 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

You aren't getting Minnesota's offense though. You are getting an overated re-tread OC, worse receivers, a much worse O line and no run game. Add that to the career year Keenum had. Is that a recipe for a Keenum repeat?

Well said. Imagine the Bills offense last year. Take away McCoy, but add Emmanuel Sanders. Now take away Tyrod, add Case Keenum. That's exactly what the Broncos are.

21 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I still don't understand the Broncos. Trevor Siemian was better than of their current QBs and they got rid. They paid a journeyman QB silly money after he had 1 good season in a decade of terrible ones, yet somehow they are being praised. I absolutely expect them to be drafting top 3 in 2019. Joseph is a terrible coach who has never managed to create a good defense. They are going to be a disaster this season.

I agree.  They should not have passed on a QB in the draft.

People questioned John Lynch's hiring as a GM.  Broncos fans will look a the 49ers with envy, wishing a HOF car salesman wasn't running their team still...

On 5/15/2018 at 4:38 PM, Like A Mofo said:

If Chad's last name is Collins, or Adams, or whatever, this thread does NOT exist.

I copied this from another thread where the points made never generated a response.

If he grew up in Beaver Falls, PA or anywhere else, no one cares even though his name is Kelly.  Because his last name is Kelly AND he grew up on GI AND played at St Joe's AND was a 4X, record setting P,  P and K winner AND was a 4 star recruit to Clemson AND had many well publicized screw ups along the way,  WNYers paid attention to his Ol' Miss career.  Even my 83 year old aunt was asking me when and where their games were to be played.  He was fun to watch and their games were very entertaining.  The fans and players there seemed to take to him.  They had never beaten Alabama,  LSU and Auburn in the same year before they did so in 2015.  I believe he actually finished his degree and pretty much behaved himself there. 

I did not and do not want him here.  There is too much politics involved in an NFL QB roster as it is.  Having him on the Bills' roster would make it worse.  His bad behavior has really brought him a lot of bad publicity, almost cost him a college career and definitely cost him draft status and money.  He may have been kicked around enough to have learned something.  Time will tell.  He is talented enough to succeed and is a story worth following

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

On 5/15/2018 at 12:47 PM, Mountain Man said:

I still don't understand the Broncos. Trevor Siemian was better than of their current QBs and they got rid. They paid a journeyman QB silly money after he had 1 good season in a decade of terrible ones, yet somehow they are being praised. I absolutely expect them to be drafting top 3 in 2019. Joseph is a terrible coach who has never managed to create a good defense. They are going to be a disaster this season.

Keenum's way way better than semen

• 2 months later...

The sad part part is just about any 2nd or 3rd string QB in the league should easily beat out Paxton Lynch for BU QB ;) 

Lynch should be pushing for the starting gig by now......... but he sucks.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:40 PM, Big Blitz said:

Chad Kelly transforms from “little tubby kid” to Denver Broncos’ backup quarterback contender....

Vance Joseph recalled last weekend that Chad Kelly was a “little tubby kid” when he joined the Broncos last year, a Mr. Irrelevant who was not able to play during the 2017 season while recovering from wrist surgery. Kelly has since traded meals with fried foods for dishes featuring spinach and chicken, slimming down his 6-foot-2 frame. And, after about 18 months away from football, Kelly now feels primed to battle Paxton Lynch for Denver’s backup quarterback job.

“I knew I needed to move around, get back to my old playing weight (from) back in early college and high school,” said Kelly, who was listed at 224 pounds at the beginning of last season. “(I’m) kind of feeling I can move around and do some things with my legs, but also (remain) powerful in throwing the ball …

“It’s been (a) really long (wait). But finally getting out here, you can kind of feel like yourself again. This is what you do. This is your job.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/14/chad-kelly-denver-broncos-backup-qb-contender/

Elways Favor does have a shot to secure the BU spot as Lynch Sucks just as much as Chad does 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think their defense will absolutely be stout but don't think they'll be able to score.

I think they'll be 6-10/7-9.

I have no idea how that division will turn out.  

I think they have enough weapons on offense to be competent with Keenum at the helm.