May Movies: Deadpool, Solo, Overboard, & Breaking In

On May 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM, shrader said:

Deadpool on saturday!

I don't know why, but the promotion for Solo has done absolutely nothing for me.  I don't have much desire to see that one.

There is quite a movement of Star Wars fans on youtube right now...videos urging the boycott of the film and demanding that this woman at Disney who is in charge of Star Wars to be fired.    LOL.

There's a ton of them.

By the way, I can't think of an actor who fits less into the Star Wars universe than Woody Harrelson.  

On 5/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, unbillievable said:

It's a re-make.

Good grief.  The only not-terrible things about that movie were Kurt Russell and Godie Hawn.  Perfect choice for a remake with a C-list cast!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 8:20 PM, Fadingpain said:

There is quite a movement of Star Wars fans on youtube right now...videos urging the boycott of the film and demanding that this woman at Disney who is in charge of Star Wars to be fired.    LOL.

There's a ton of them.

By the way, I can't think of an actor who fits less into the Star Wars universe than Woody Harrelson.  

My guess is that the woman they want out is Kathleen Kennedy, and I personally wouldn't mind if they got rid of her too. She's far too meddling.

I understand what you mean about Woody Harrelson, too. I did not think he would fit into The Hunger Games or in the last Planet of the Apes movie, but he did a good job, and he also was fine in the Solo movie.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

My guess is that the woman they want out is Kathleen Kennedy, and I personally wouldn't mind if they got rid of her too. She's far too meddling.

I understand what you mean about Woody Harrelson, too. I did not think he would fit into The Hunger Games or in the last Planet of the Apes movie, but he did a good job, and he also was fine in the Solo movie.

Yes, Kathleen Kennedy.  That's the one.

I still haven't seen Solo but will at some point.

I just discovered last night that Blade Runner 2049 is now on HBO.  Will watch that one shortly.

Also have "Aliens" recorded on the DVR!  That is my favorite of all the Alien sequels, by far.  It was actually quite a good film in its own right.  

Sorry to go off topic.

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I can’t only think of maybe 4 or 5 movies 8’vr seen with Woody, but I don’t remember ever thinking he felt out of place in any of them. I have to wonder if people would question his casting in a movie if he didn’t have the same first name as his character in Cheers. 

As as for Solo, I thought he was a great fit for the character he played. It seems like the exact role I would expect for him based on his recent roles. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yes, Kathleen Kennedy.  That's the one.

I still haven't seen Solo but will at some point.

I just discovered last night that Blade Runner 2049 is now on HBO.  Will watch that one shortly.

Also have "Aliens" recorded on the DVR!  That is my favorite of all the Alien sequels, by far.  It was actually quite a good film in its own right.  

Sorry to go off topic.

Blade Runner 2049 is very good, it's a slow movie, but it's very well made. Denis Villeneuve is a very good director.

Aliens is the best sequel of the Alien franchise, because all of the other sequels suck! I'm not trying  to put down Aliens, it is a fun movie. I just wish they would put the Alien franchise on the shelf for good. There is nothing more that they can get out of that franchise.

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Blade Runner 2049 is very good, it's a slow movie, but it's very well made. Denis Villeneuve is a very good director.

Aliens is the best sequel of the Alien franchise, because all of the other sequels suck! I'm not trying  to put down Aliens, it is a fun movie. I just wish they would put the Alien franchise on the shelf for good. There is nothing more that they can get out of that franchise.

How dare you. I think they've brought it back in a great way.

As they did Blade Runner. 2049 was awesome.

6 hours ago, major said:

Solo was a pleasant surprise. However, I was comparing it to TLJ; therefore, the bar was way low

Don't compare it to that. I would compare it to Rogue One and the future stand-alones.

Went and saw Deadpool 2 the other day and agree with the comments that it was a worthy companion to the original and laugh-out-loud funny. With that said, how about that trailer of the Melissa McCarthy movie with the Muppet (ahem) extended happy ending? Wowzer...

On 5/22/2018 at 12:00 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Saw Deadpool 2 on Saturday...just delightful

I laughed my ass off.

51 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

With that said, how about that trailer of the Melissa McCarthy movie with the Muppet (ahem) extended happy ending? Wowzer...

Possibly the best trailer I have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Went and saw Deadpool 2 the other day and agree with the comments that it was a worthy companion to the original and laugh-out-loud funny. With that said, how about that trailer of the Melissa McCarthy movie with the Muppet (ahem) extended happy ending? Wowzer...

I do believe that is why she was being sued by Sesame Street.  (The judge told them too bad, so sad.)     I do not know if they are appealing.

My husband thought that was the most hilarious trailer he's seen in a long time. I thought it was stupid. I bet it makes bank.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

How dare you. I think they've brought it back in a great way.

As they did Blade Runner. 2049 was awesome.

Don't compare it to that. I would compare it to Rogue One and the future stand-alones.

Rogue one was great and solo was entertaining. I’d like to be in a world where TLJ never happened?