5-15: Sean McDermott on One Bills Live - Josh Allen Has "Great Command" of the Offense

21 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Slammed ?

"a little bit more multidimensional as opposed to what we saw last year."

I thought so since it seemed that McD was being fairly critical of last year's offense.  He usually isn't that direct.

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought so since it seemed that McD was being fairly critical of last year's offense.  He usually isn't that direct.

I hope McDermott isn’t getting ahead of himself... Hasn’t Dennison had more NFL success than DaBoll?

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get ya.
 I think we all felt Dennison was not going to get it done long term.

Certainly i was unhappy with the Offense. Especially blocking schemes and recognition of what defenses were bringing 

Who the heck tosses the ball to Tolbert behind the line of scrimmage ? Once ? Maybe.

Multiple times?

Hopeful stop gap was Dennison.

I am sure you read into McD's words correctly. He was not too pleased. Me ?I thought he was quite polite considering..

6 hours ago, scribo said:

I wish he'd detail all current plans, speak bluntly about the players and tell us who will be the starting QB. I'd like him to tell us what he likes and dislikes about Brandon Beane and the Pegulas. And he should share his email address and password.

And post the game plan on Facebook.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I hope McDermott isn’t getting ahead of himself... Hasn’t Dennison had more NFL success than DaBoll?

watch out for Daboll. This has been in the works.

master plan. for real.
maybe not year one, but be prepared to be surprised where the Offense goes in gaining success sooner than later.

feel free to call me out in two years btw  

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And post the game plan on Facebook.

!!

Inquiring minds want to know

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am sure you read into McD's words correctly. He was not too pleased. Me ?I thought he was quite polite considering..

Yeah, McD is a low keyed coach and he typically isn't blatantly critical of his coaching staff, or former staff in this case.  It's just how I read it from what I think I know of McD.  Either way, he fired Dennison which is really all we need to know.  I'm hoping the Brian Daboll hire makes all the difference that a lower powered offense (so it seems at this point) needs.  Hopefully it can do enough to keep the defense off the field enough and not put the team in a hole that they won't be able to dig themselves out of, until reinforcements arrive next year.

8 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I like boring.  It generates no headlines.   It's humble.   It's very Belichick like to be boring at press conferences.   The animated ones, the Rex's, the Herm Edwards, the guys with more boisterous press conferences don't seem to last...or win.

Jimmy Johnson begs to differ. 

Which isn't to say I'm advocating that style. The problem with Rex wasn't his mouth, it was his inability to back it up (i.e. - coach).

McD is boring and sticks to the script. Doesn't bother me as long as he's getting as much as possible out of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I'm not sure how much success Dennison really had.  I think Rico has typically been behind the scenes, so to speak, with Kubiak taking the offense play calling duties.  The 2015 Broncos had Kubiak as HC and Dennison as OC, and their offense was terrible.  The defense was incredible and won the season and SB.  I believe that Dennison's offense hamstrung Peyton Manning and IMO, was ultimately the reason why Peyton retired.  

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Great command?  With no contact, and in shorts? :lol:

We shall see McDummy... We shall see...

Well they asked how he thought he had done over the past few days. I'd also say in situation with no contact and in shorts, showing signs of leadership and picking up the offense is about as much as you can hope for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

It's like everyone expects a Mora "Playoffs....you want me to talk about playoffs? Playoffs?" or a Herm Edwards "You play. To win. The game." press conference.

Press conferences: They are what we thought they were.

• Like (+1) 1