Poll - Buffalo Bills Number Hall of Fame

Buffalo Bills Number Hall of Fame  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Greatest Number in Buffalo Bills History?

• #12 - Jim Kelly, James Harris, Daryle Lamonica and Joe Ferguson
    • #14 - Sammy Watkins, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Frank Reich
    • #20 - Henry Jones, Travis Henry, Joe Cribbs, Robert James, Donte Whitner
    • #22 - Fred Jackson, Nate Clements, Steve Freeman
    • #24 - Terence McGee, Stephon Gilmore, Booker Edgerson, Kurt Schulz.
    • #25 - Shady, Da'Norris Searcy, Roland Hooks.
    • #34 - Thurman Thomas, Cookie Gilchrist, Jim Braxton.
    • #56 - Darryl Talley, Sam Cowart, Archie Matsos
    • #58 - Mike Stratton, Shane Conlan, Isiah Robertson
    • #67 - Kent Hull, Reggie McKenzie, Joe O'Donnell, Andy Levitre.
    • #70 - Tom Sestak, Eric Wood, John Fina, Joe Devlin.
    • #78 - Bruce Smith, Jim Dunaway
    • #80 - Eric Moulds, James Lofton, Jerry Butler
    • #83 - Andre Reed, Lee Evans, Sherman White.
    • #95 - Kyle Williams, Bryce Paup, Sam Adams.
    • Other

**Edit** I made it a poll with a listing of the Top numbers in team history. You may vote for more than one number.

Make your case for the greatest number in Bills history by listing the number and the players that wore it with distinction. The Top 5 will be the initial inductees into our Buffalo Bills Number Wall of Fame.

For instance: Number 12 seems like a no-brainer, being worn by Jim Kelly, James Harris, Joe Ferguson and Daryle Lamonica. (Al Dorow and Manch Wheeler do put a bit of stink on the rose, though).

Some may vote for a number just because one HOF player wore it, while others may make a case for a number that had a bevy of long-term serviceable wearers. It's your decision and we look forward to your nominations.

Letting the vetting process begin...

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

#22, #34, #80 and #83 are all pretty strong groups.  But I went with #12 with a bit of buyer's remorse given the competition.

If #32 was an option, I would have considered it if not for OJ's post football career.  He was transcendent as a player - other worldly.  

You left out #32 who while turning into a degenerate murderer after retirement is still the most talented player to ever don a Bills uniform.

For a group though it has to be #34.  Thurman and Cookie were all time greats and Braxton was a load.

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

#22, #34, #80 and #83 are all pretty strong groups.  But I went with #12 with a bit of buyer's remorse given the competition.

If #32 was an option, I would have considered it if not for OJ's post football career.  He was transcendent as a player - other worldly.  

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Yep, 32 is by far the greatest.

I thought about #32, but didn't want the conversation to devolve into the normal "should OJ be on the wall" talk that has derailed many a thread in the past.

You can vote for more than one number and the Juice can be recognized in the "other" column.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller