"Magic Trick" from Britains Got Talent

What's up with Simon?  He looks like he's coming off a 3 day meth bender.

:lol:

The magic trick is really no different than normal tricks.  Once the magician has the trick constructed and knows the outcome, you can play around with how you reveal your knowledge of the outcome any way you like.

The twist here is how he reveals it, working the cancer/baby/wife emotional video angle into the whole thing to suck the audience in.  It's more effective than say, opening a sealed enveloped with the various outcomes identified in the envelope, or any other traditional convention a magician would use.

On May 15, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Fadingpain said:

What's up with Simon?  He looks like he's coming off a 3 day meth bender.

:lol:

The magic trick is really no different than normal tricks.  Once the magician has the trick constructed and knows the outcome, you can play around with how you reveal your knowledge of the outcome any way you like.

The twist here is how he reveals it, working the cancer/baby/wife emotional video angle into the whole thing to suck the audience in.  It's more effective than say, opening a sealed enveloped with the various outcomes identified in the envelope, or any other traditional convention a magician would use.

Well sure, it's either that or he has access to a time machine. ?

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Four reletively "simple" tricks but he gets an "A+" for the set-up and delivery. 

I'd imagine that he has multiple videos and someone in the back gets plenty of time to cue up the right ones.  He did find one incredible way to tug at the heart strings though.  I'd be curious to see how it translates to a full length show.   You can only go with the tear jerker once per show.  Well, that and once you see the trick for a second time and the results are completely different.

Nope, pretty sure Chevy was on to something when he mentioned a time machine....it's honestly the only realistic explanation.

55 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'd imagine that he has multiple videos and someone in the back gets plenty of time to cue up the right ones.  He did find one incredible way to tug at the heart strings though.  I'd be curious to see how it translates to a full length show.   You can only go with the tear jerker once per show.  Well, that and once you see the trick for a second time and the results are completely different.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The results are already set up, the "trick" is to get the same results every time, that's why he knew what would happen two years ago.