@YardsPerPass interview on WGR - why he’s talked himself into Josh Allen

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

lol why is that your assumption?

You expect an offensive coordinator who had spent his entire career at the FCS level before coming to Wyoming a few years back and has coached nothing but an outdated offense to completely switch his philosophy and implement a "timing based offense like NE"?

This statement alone demonstrates your lack of understanding here.

If the Bills play defense as hard as Justice, we will be great. That daffy fellow has it stuck in his noggin that everyone should run timing passes out their ying yangs. He doesn't understand that if the receiver can't get seperation, there is no timing route. Just because it is a timing route, then the receiver automatically gets open? This guy is a wannabe qb coach. Maybe the Bills can hire him to help get that New England offense in, and he can take over showing Allen what he is doing wrong. Lmfao.

I can see it now, Justice tells Palmer to move over. That he is starting up the Justice Throwing Academy. Kind of like the Manning Camp, but with a better coach and probably player. He will tell all qbs to concentrate on timing passes, and don't hold that ball back behind your head. And done.

Forget that Allen had as fast as a release time as Aaron Rodgers. Threw faster and harder than anyone else has been recorded at. Justice is now the official qb guru of  Bill Nation. Whether we want him or not. Because he keeps bouncing back faster than a kick me dog.

Edited by BB@Shooter
Mistakes

1 hour ago, BB@Shooter said:

If the Bills play defense as hard as Justice, we will be great. That daffy fellow has it stuck in his noggin that everyone should run timing passes out their ying yangs. He doesn't understand that if the receiver can't get seperation, there is no timing route. Just because it is a timing route, then the receiver automatically gets open? This guy is a wannabe qb coach. Maybe the Bills can hire him to help get that New England offense in, and he can take over showing Allen what he is doing wrong. Lmfao.

I can see it now, Justice tells Palmer to move over. That he is starting up the Justice Throwing Academy. Kind of like the Manning Camp, but with a better coach and probably player. He will tell all qbs to concentrate on timing passes, and don't hold that ball back behind your head. And done.

Forget that Allen had as fast as a release time as Aaron Rodgers. Threw faster and harder than anyone else has been recorded at. Justice is now the official qb guru of  Bill Nation. Whether we want him or not. Because he keeps bouncing back faster than a kick me dog.

What do I know right? I haven’t watched Wyoming football. Don’t take it from me, take it from Bill Walsh. That good enough for you? I didn’t need Walsh or anyone else to explain any of this to me, it’s common sense, but since you can’t see it, here you go...

Walsh saw these advantages as necessary to the success of an offense that wasn't counting on having superior talent to win. When teams are evenly matched or when the defense is slightly better than the offense, receivers can exploit these advantages in order to get open. Timing is essential to accomplishing this.

As Walsh once noted:

Too often in college football, either the quarterback is standing there waiting for the receiver, or the receiver has broken before the quarterback can throw the ball. These are the biggest flaws you will see in the forward pass. Now when the receiver breaks before the ball can be thrown, the defensive back can adjust to the receiver. Any time the quarterback holds the ball waiting for the receiver to break, the defensive back sees it and breaks on the receiver.
Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 1

What are we even arguing about anyways? This isn’t a right or wrong situation. JA could be great or he can be a bust. We don’t know.  I preferred Rosen over Allen. He’s more like the type of QB I like. 

My opinion is JA lacks accuracy, his inner clock is a bit off and can’t throw with great anticipation and timing. That’s my opinion. Disagree all you like. Fact is he’ll either prove me right or wrong and I pray it’s the latter. I even admitted he can be great without a WC style offense. I don’t know why you’re badgering me on this issue. 

2 hours ago, Justice said:

What do I know right? I haven’t watched Wyoming football. Don’t take it from me, take it from Bill Walsh. That good enough for you? I didn’t need Walsh or anyone else to explain any of this to me, it’s common sense, but since you can’t see it, here you go...

Walsh saw these advantages as necessary to the success of an offense that wasn't counting on having superior talent to win. When teams are evenly matched or when the defense is slightly better than the offense, receivers can exploit these advantages in order to get open. Timing is essential to accomplishing this.

As Walsh once noted:

Too often in college football, either the quarterback is standing there waiting for the receiver, or the receiver has broken before the quarterback can throw the ball. These are the biggest flaws you will see in the forward pass. Now when the receiver breaks before the ball can be thrown, the defensive back can adjust to the receiver. Any time the quarterback holds the ball waiting for the receiver to break, the defensive back sees it and breaks on the receiver.

Are you sure Walsh didn't quote Justice...The Quarterback Whisperer.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, BigBuff423 said:

At this point, I'm over the "talk me into" or "talk me out of" or any of the pre-Draft stuff. 

I'm all about what he does in a Bills uniform. If he out-right wins the job to start in week 1, fine....then let's go. And, let's see how he *improves* because that's what he'll need to do in the first two years playing in the NFL. But, if he sits for the whole first year while AJ and Nate hold it down, fine....I would understand as the Bills want to make sure Allen is ready to be their franchise guy and don't want to put him in a bad spot. But, in year 2, he should start. There's no Favre or Montana holding the team in place, so Allen gets a year to grow and develop - by year 2 - you're the guy come hell or high water. 

But for all of the opinions on Allen....it's horse excrement from now on, until the big lights go on and he's wearing the red, white and blue Bills uni on Sundays. I honestly do not care anymore about what he did or didn't do in college. Why? Because it's moot. It is now on McD and Daboll to develop him. That's what they Drafted and that's who they wanted (clearly!), so you've got him. Now, what are you going to do with him? How are you going to mold him into the Franchise QB you determined he's worthy of becoming? 

Do it, and make all of Buffalo proud and fans everywhere who live, bleed, and love this team. 

I like your post BigBuff, it's how I feel now that the Bill's picked Allen.

I had no favorite in the draft so in a way it's a little different to me compare to a lot of posters who were die hard "insert name here" supporters.

At the end of the day I'm a Bill's fan first so I hope they (Beane McDermott Daboll) bring him along the right way.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Dr. Who said:

If Allen was not a late-bloomer from a tiny California farm town, he would not have had to go the Juco to Wyoming route.  His partcular history is rare.  A counter-history is necessarily speculative, but I do believe that had Allen been in a top program, his numbers would have been significantly better and he would have gone first overall to Cleveland.

His journey is unique.  I really think that a lot of people don't take this into account as much as they should.

It's one of the reasons I don't mind being a little more patient with him compared to other rookies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1