@YardsPerPass interview on WGR - why he’s talked himself into Josh Allen

20 hours ago, PIZ said:

I'm kind of shocked how bad his OL was.  Hope Buffalo can come up with something better.

In most years his OC puts out one of the worst offenses in FBS football. The system they run is predicated on strong line play, much like the great Nebraska teams used under Dr. Tom. To give Bohl credit, he is slowly turning the program around. Their defense this next year should produce 6 draft picks or better in the next two years. Their defensive line is big, quick, and deep. They have some good edge rushers, a few linebackers, and db'' that could end up in camps. Now to find a running back that runs hard, and a qb to manage games and another 8 or more win season in the books after losing their best ever Pro qb. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Actually, completion % and games played in college are the only mathematically demonstrably meaningful statistics there are in terms of assessing whether a college QB will be successful in the NFL.

Did you say that with a straight face??

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think all 5 of those guys in front of Allen last year deserve to be drafted .... preferably by New England

2 freshmen,two sophomores , 1 senior . And the bad part is the year before it was 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, and 1 senior. For some reason the starters always get replaced the next year. Cummings was the lone senior this year and in the Texan's rookie camp as a UFA. He was good sized, but slow and never did pan out. I think he was a 4 year starter. Hopefully they start getting some talent recruited. They are really working the Illinois, Minnesota type areas where the big farm kids are. I wonder if the OC, line coach, and receivers coach are FBS material. I know the OC coach isn't for good reason. He does somehow get to work with good quarterbacks.

3 hours ago, eball said:

It's hilarious how folks are talking about a "processing weakness" and throwing "interceptable balls" when Allen knew that each week he was solely responsible for keeping them in the game.

The problem will be if he fails to recognize that there is talent around him in the NFL so he doesn't need to take as many risks.  I, for one, believe he's smart enough to understand that.

Just look at the bowl game and the Senior Bowl. In the Senior Bowl Allen used all of his weapons including his feet and arm. He played like a man among boys in the 2nd half. One thing I always hated about his OC was he never let Allen start off the game with some easy passes to get him some confidence. You hear announcers on TV all the time saying the OC should throw in a few dump passes or easy routes for the qb to get in a groove.  As a former qb and pitcher, I agree totally. You see it needing to be done at every level.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you're saying, we should not talk about Josh Allen until he plays a preseason game?

You should criticize something until it happens. You don't know what your talking about.  

At this point, I'm over the "talk me into" or "talk me out of" or any of the pre-Draft stuff. 

I'm all about what he does in a Bills uniform. If he out-right wins the job to start in week 1, fine....then let's go. And, let's see how he *improves* because that's what he'll need to do in the first two years playing in the NFL. But, if he sits for the whole first year while AJ and Nate hold it down, fine....I would understand as the Bills want to make sure Allen is ready to be their franchise guy and don't want to put him in a bad spot. But, in year 2, he should start. There's no Favre or Montana holding the team in place, so Allen gets a year to grow and develop - by year 2 - you're the guy come hell or high water. 

But for all of the opinions on Allen....it's horse excrement from now on, until the big lights go on and he's wearing the red, white and blue Bills uni on Sundays. I honestly do not care anymore about what he did or didn't do in college. Why? Because it's moot. It is now on McD and Daboll to develop him. That's what they Drafted and that's who they wanted (clearly!), so you've got him. Now, what are you going to do with him? How are you going to mold him into the Franchise QB you determined he's worthy of becoming? 

Do it, and make all of Buffalo proud and fans everywhere who live, bleed, and love this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

You should criticize something until it happens. You don't know what your talking about.  

LOL...says the guy who constantly criticized Lamar Jackson who hasn't even has had his first preseason game.

I guess your first sentence means as much as a cassette player today.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...says the guy who constantly criticized Lamar Jackson who hasn't even has had his first preseason game.

Not many people defended Allen until he was drafted by the Bills. The majority of the fans wanted someone else. It is what it is. Fans are wrong all the time when it comes to QBs they like, but they are right most of the time when it comes to QB's they dislike. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not many people defended Allen until he was drafted by the Bills. The majority of the fans wanted someone else. It is what it is. Fans are wrong all the time when it comes to QBs they like, but they are right most of the time when it comes to QB's they dislike. 

I am one of those fans.  I didn't want Allen but he's a Bill now.  I've gotten myself more comfortable with him and absolutely will pull for him.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am one of those fans.  I didn't want Allen but he's a Bill now.  I've gotten myself more comfortable with him and absolutely will pull for him.

Everyone is pulling for him. There is also a lot to like about Allen, which I've mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Defending him right now is doing about the same as criticism. Not that I have a problem with people being supportive or critical. 

I think I should be prepared for a season of speculation while Allen red shirts. I'm just going to sit on the fence. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Everyone is pulling for him. There is also a lot to like about Allen, which I've mentioned. 

I'll likely be panned for saying this, but don't be so sure.  There is a very vocal contingent of fans who would rather be proven right in their pessimism than admit their analysis was not on point -- even if the team succeeds.  It's sad, but true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Wayne Arnold said:

Is this supposed to be an example of that? Because all I see is his OLine getting annihilated and him having to run for his life.

Lol very true. Was actually a descent play by Allen. Only thing he should have done was throw the ball away once he escaped, but that is something he can definitely work on

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll likely be panned for saying this, but don't be so sure.  There is a very vocal contingent of fans who would rather be proven right in their pessimism than admit their analysis was not on point -- even if the team succeeds.  It's sad, but true.

The vocal contingent is placing ego above the success of the Buffalo Bills.  McD will tell Beane they are not buying into the Process.  Next thing you know, Beane will be trading them to another message board for a bag of donuts.

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This just in Lamar Jackson is not a Bill. Sorry. ?

Edited by Tatonka68

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

On the topic of processing I just watched this video. 

Yes Josh Rosen's "brain is next level"

One more concussion and he is gonna be at the retirement level

What ole Dan here fails to talk bout is the fact that for as smart as Rosen is on the field...he has taken too many unecessary hits on that frail body of his.....and between the questions on his commitment to football AND his multiple concussions Josh Rosen (who is a extremely talented football player) simply may not have the body to hold up at the NFL level.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes Josh Rosen's "brain is next level"

One more concussion and he is gonna be at the retirement level

What ole Dan here fails to talk bout is the fact that for as smart as Rosen is on the field...he has taken too many unecessary hits on that frail body of his.....and between the questions on his commitment to football AND his multiple concussions Josh Rosen (who is a extremely talented football player) simply may not have the body to hold up at the NFL level.

Stop with the concussion nonsense there is nothing saying another ding will automatically render the kid done. Brady's wife openly said Tom has had unreported concussions... seems to still be playing.

Josh Allen has broken the same clavicle twice and missed time this past seaksn due to a shoulder injury.

So if Allen takes one more shot to that shoulder hes done?

Edited by BillsFan17