@YardsPerPass interview on WGR - why he’s talked himself into Josh Allen

Good interview with John Ramsey who runs the Yards Per Pass twitter account (breaks down Bills games on Twitter) ... he posted this thread where he breaks down GIFs a few weeks ago, good read if you didn’t see it (click on YPP tweet and it will bring up the thread)

Audio:

https://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642018/122736291.mp3?rhihttphost=wgr550.hosted.cx

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

What was your initial option?

I'd be interested to see

Let me guess.

"Low completion percentage" aka "poor accuracy"

"Didn't dominate at a mid-major like Roethlisberger did in 2003"

"Struggled against power conference programs"

• Like (+1) 1

My initial reaction was while Allen had the most upside he had the most bust potential. And Rosen had the lowest floor and was the most pro ready right now.   

Forget Rosen, he's not a Bill.  I'm hoping Daboll can develop Allen into our answer for the next 15 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

Also coming up this week to talk Bills football on WGR:

Joe Blow from "IHaveaFootballWebsite.com" , Josh Kidding of "AskMeAnythingNFL.com"  and Tony Bagadonuts of "PigskinBreakfast.com". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Let me guess.

"Low completion percentage" aka "poor accuracy"

"Didn't dominate at a mid-major like Roethlisberger did in 2003"

"Struggled against power conference programs"

None of the above. I don't care much about his completion % or his numbers vs top teams. All pretty meaningless. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not sure if he processes fast enough. Everything seems late. People blame it on other factors, but I don't like doing that. 

It is definitely a concern. I went through this thread last night and it shows the bad side of Allen:

Anyone who wants to make a full evaluation of him needs to look at everything, the good and the bad. Obviously that goes for any QB we would have drafted.

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It is definitely a concern. I went through this thread last night and it shows the bad side of Allen:

Anyone who wants to make a full evaluation of him needs to look at everything, the good and the bad. Obviously that goes for any QB we would have drafted.

Is this supposed to be an example of that? Because all I see is his OLine getting annihilated and him having to run for his life.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Is this supposed to be an example of that? Because all I see is his OLine getting annihilated and him having to run for his life.

Open the tweet, it's the start of a much longer thread of other Josh Allen film. It starts out with a lot of the bad and eventually gets to the really good. Watching this film I came away more convinced that he needs to sit most of this year. A Peterman-esque 5 interception game is definitely possible if he goes in too early.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was the only one on the team that could make a play.  He made huge plays all year by not throwing it away and throwing it down the field.  The offensive line was horrid.

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jurst?  What language to you speaketh Sir Wayne?

He speaketh in the tongue of the rabblers

12 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He was the only one on the team that could make a play.  He made huge plays all year by not throwing it away and throwing it down the field.  The offensive line was horrid.

Yeah, that was definitely an issue. He was often trying to do too much.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, that was definitely an issue. He was often trying to do too much.

I honestly believe that once he's not relied on to be the entire offense, he will clean up some of those "bad" plays that he tried to make something out of nothing.  He may need some time to sit, we will see what he does in camp but it is hard to blame him for what he tried to do to carry that horrible team on his back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Sure, and that can be developed. He needs to learn when taking a sack or throwing the ball away is better than playing hero ball. I'm like YPP, I watched a lot of film and convinced myself he can be great. The warts are still there though. I think his development will go a lot better if he's given some time in the film room and working on his mechanics before he sees the field.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure, and that can be developed. He needs to learn when taking a sack or throwing the ball away is better than playing hero ball. I'm like YPP, I watched a lot of film and convinced myself he can be great. The warts are still there though. I think his development will go a lot better if he's given some time in the film room and working on his mechanics before he sees the field.

I honestly believe he made those plays because he knew the team was horrible around him.  Once he gets around more talent that doesn't need him to do everything on offense, he will limit those types of plays.  He won't be constantly leaned on to make something out of nothing all the time.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Also coming up this week to talk Bills football on WGR:

Joe Blow from "IHaveaFootballWebsite.com" , Josh Kidding of "AskMeAnythingNFL.com"  and Tony Bagadonuts of "PigskinBreakfast.com". 

Have you been to pigskinbreakfast.com?  Amazing site.

• Like (+1) 1