Bleacher Report: Edmunds = Gronk?

TPS

BB.com linked a Bleacher Report article that describes Edmunds as follows:

“Think of Edmunds as a Rob Gronkowski who wants to hit people.”

i think this is totally unfair to Gronk. He loves to hit people, as long as they are 100 lbs lighter and face down on the ground...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 14

21 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I still cannot believe Gronk was only suspended 1 game for that. 

I can't either.

Danny Trevathan got 2 games I believe for a helmet to helmet hit in LIVE ACTION.

Gronk gets one for a play that was already dead, Tre White was on his stomach and not able to defend himself and it was a deliberate elbow right to the back of the head.

35 minutes ago, TPS said:

BB.com linked a Bleacher Report article that describes Edmunds as follows:

“Think of Edmunds as a Rob Gronkowski who wants to hit people.”

i think this is totally unfair to Gronk. He loves to hit people, as long as they are 100 lbs lighter and face down on the ground...

But only if his arm is protected by a carbon fiber brace that can be used as a weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

i would add that Gronk will get to know Edmounds very well this season.  The bills finally have someone that has the height ,weight and speed to match up with Gronk .   

Yeah, I was thinking of Edmunds as a player who will want to hit Gronkowski.  Edmunds is unique in the NFL, I believe.  I don't think there is another linebacker in the league who goes 253 lbs or more and runs that fast.  It's going to be fun to see what he can do with it.

The Gronk hit on Tre last year was the kind of cheap shot you rarely or never see. You cannot give the benefit of the doubt to someone on a hit like that. It's not a grey zone. It was deliberate and an attempt to injure. 1 game suspension was a joke.

!$¿? I  hate the Pats!!!

Edited by MtlBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Yeah, I was thinking of Edmunds as a player who will want to hit Gronkowski.  Edmunds is unique in the NFL, I believe.  I don't think there is another linebacker in the league who goes 253 lbs or more and runs that fast.  It's going to be fun to see what he can do with it.

The only linebacker that comes to mind is Anthony Barr, and even he is a tad slower than Edmunds (4.54 vs. 4.66).  

59 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I expect Edmunds will be able to cover a lot of ground in both run and pass situations.  He's the kind of player the Bills have been lacking for a generation to help defend what the Patriots do on offense which is to create and identify match-up advantages and execute against them.  With Tremaine in the middle I expect those mis-matches on pass plays in the zones over the middle will no longer be an issue for the Bills.  This along with generating some blitz pressure up the middle and covering a lot of ground sideline to sideline against the run.  I'm excited to see how this defense performs and maybe they're one athletic and fast OLB away in next year's draft from completing the plan.   

3 hours ago, eball said:

I really hope Edmunds get a chance to de-cleat Gronk at some point this year, and then walks over to say "that was for Tre Day."

I will confess to complete enjoyment of the Jags hit that knocked Gronk out of their playoff game for the same reason.

IMO if he's going to use his brace as a weapon, he shouldn't be permitted to wear it.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will confess to complete enjoyment of the Jags hit that knocked Gronk out of their playoff game for the same reason.

IMO if he's going to use his brace as a weapon, he shouldn't be permitted to wear it.

I too confess it was a nice payback - and he got away with that cuz Badell has no balls at all when it comes to applying penalties to the Pats****  he grew a pair for the deflated balls but he basically had too due to the fact all the Spygate evidence "disappearing".  Both of those "men" are clowns.  Finally we have someone who will deliver some pain!

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't either.

Danny Trevathan got 2 games I believe for a helmet to helmet hit in LIVE ACTION.

Gronk gets one for a play that was already dead, Tre White was on his stomach and not able to defend himself and it was a deliberate elbow right to the back of the head.

It wasn’t just a deliberate elbow lol

It was a full scale people’s elbow and it could’ve broke his neck

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It won't matter. The big dumb Neanderthal will leave the Patsies as soon as the duo retire. 

Good riddance. I’ve lost all the respect I had for him both as a player and a local kid who did well. Great player, greater douche.

• Like (+1) 2