Eat your way through Buffalo’s new chicken wing trail

Interesting -

6. BAR BILL TAVERN

What you’re getting: Cajun honey butter BBQ wings

“The Bills are gonna take Josh Allen,” Bar Bill’s general manager Clark Crook told us over a nicely-fanned-out plate of wings the day before the National Football League draft. “Of all the guys they brought in for workouts, he was the only one they brought in here for wings. That’s their pick.” Clearly, the wing test is a good predictor

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

There's a lot of good food to be had in WNY having absolutely nothing to do with chicken wings.

Don't seem to see many articles about that though!

There's a lot of good food to be had in pretty much every big city around the world. 

The wings are Buffalo's special thing.

8 hours ago, Hurricane said:

Duffs.... Blah..... Bar bill takes 1....

What I love about Bar Bill is you can get damn good wings and damn good beef on weck with one stop. Not all of the places that have both pull it off as well as Bar Bill does.

8 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

What I love about Bar Bill is you can get damn good wings and damn good beef on weck with one stop. Not all of the places that have both pull it off as well as Bar Bill does.

And they have the new take out also...

11 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

Yeah, I go for the weck more so than the wings!  The Gate still has the best wings for my buck.

18 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Interesting -

And I was going to post exactly same quote.

Thanks for saving me effort.

When travelling I once encountered "wings on weck" - boneless chicken wings on a perfectly made homemade weck roll with your choice of sauces but dip au jus and spread with horseradish was recommended.  I opened roll to ensure it was not some chicken cutlet made to look like wings and they were large boneless wing, deboned after being cooked.

Not an everyday item but very good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2018 at 9:00 AM, Limeaid said:

And I was going to post exactly same quote.

Thanks for saving me effort.

When travelling I once encountered "wings on weck" - boneless chicken wings on a perfectly made homemade weck roll with your choice of sauces but dip au jus and spread with horseradish was recommended.  I opened roll to ensure it was not some chicken cutlet made to look like wings and they were large boneless wing, deboned after being cooked.

Not an everyday item but very good.

Where?!?  Road trip!

Rule No. 1 when you’re eating wings in Buffalo: Never, ever ask for ranch.

Rule No. 2 when you’re eating wings in Buffalo: Never, ever ask for "Buffalo Wings."

Edited by WhoTom

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Where?!?  Road trip!

It was when I was working in Georgia in either Marietta (there was Bills' Bar I went to on weekend) or Columbus.  I was TDY a lot there and was constantly trying new restaurants since someone else was paying bill.