Josh Allen should spend a year on the practice squad.

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

this is a joke right? You know he has to be cut and signed to the practice squad, right?  And besides, it's just a dumb post to begin with.

He has to be cut?  Hardly.   

Your post comes off off as a joke more than the OPs. 

How many QBs were on the 2017 roster?  

I’ll give you a hint more than 2. 

28 minutes ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

A practice squad player can be signed by another team, as long as the signing team adds the player to the 53-man roster. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another team’s practice squad.

See last post. 

No no one said he’d be in the PS.  

Edit  sorry  yes the title is wrong imo 

but as the #3 qb I wouldn’t have a big issue if he did need to learn. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

A practice squad player can be signed by another team, as long as the signing team adds the player to the 53-man roster. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another team’s practice squad.

Think about the 2018 draft. No one wanted Josh Allen. Accuracy issues. Tweets. No soft touch. Rosen was the golden boy. If the Cardinals put Rosen on the practice squad I see your point. Not with Allen. 

Edited by BringBackFergy

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Makes sense:

* He’s already the third string QB

* It will give him more time to learn the system that Macaroon and Peterman are familiar with. 

* He’a a young kid and his arm is still immature. If you send him out there throwing 100 times he’s likely to develop a shoulder injury like Andy Luck. That’s why they have pitch counts in high school. 

* No one else wanted him. The Cards loved Rosen. So did the Jets and Broncos. He’s safe there. 

* See how he’s doing in 12 months. If he shows better footwork maybe he can move up to QB #2 

But he could be signed by another team.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

But he could be signed by another team.

No one wants him. Ricky Prowl would be signed before another team scoops up J Allen. Plus, you have to consider Compensatory picks if we lose him. Beane loves draft capital. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Think about the 2018 draft. No one wanted Josh Allen. Accuracy issues. Tweets. No soft touch. Rosen was the golden boy. If the Cardinals put Rosen on the practice squad I see your point. Not with Allen. 

Is this the nonsense you post to get to 14,000 posts?  Do you even understand how the Practice Squad works?   If you want to red shirt him, you don't expose him to the practice squad to get poached by another team.  You simply don't activate him on game day.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He has to be cut?  Hardly.   

Your post comes off off as a joke more than the OPs. 

How many QBs were on the 2017 roster?  

I’ll give you a hint more than 2. 

See last post. 

No no one said he’d be in the PS.  

How does a player get to the practice squad? A player must clear waivers before signing on a practice squad, which means Allen would have to be cut, then clear waivers before we can assign him to the practice squad. This will never happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I think the OP's heart is in the right place.

Allen should be red-shirted.  He should not see the field this year, no matter what.  

I think that's what Fergy is trying to say, and I can't say it's a far fetched idea.

No, he meant the practice squad. 

But I know he's not actually serious about this idea. 

As you probably know since you've been here longer than me, this is what Fergy does. He posts these ideas that are so far out there that you know he can't be serious, then he proceeds to defend his idea, pretending that he was in fact serious. 

The responses do get pretty funny... lol

Edited by BillsFan4

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

this is a joke right? You know he has to be cut and signed to the practice squad, right?  And besides, it's just a dumb post to begin with.

Also any other team can pluck him away at any time and the Bills have no choice but to let him go.

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

No one wants him. Ricky Prowl would be signed before another team scoops up J Allen. Plus, you have to consider Compensatory picks if we lose him. Beane loves draft capital. 

No one wants him? Maybe not for a top 10 pick, but off waivers? He'll be gone in a split second. No comp pick if we release him. Come on.

1 minute ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

Is this the nonsense you post to get to 14,000 posts?  Do you even understand how the Practice Squad works?   If you want to red shirt him, you don't expose him to the practice squad to get poached by another team.  You simply don't activate him on game day.

That's called a healthy scratch, right?  Number 7 pick is a healthy scratch for 16 games. Good plan Beane.

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Don’t shoot the messenger. I heard this on a talk show. Not sure what station it was. I was taking notes on a NYS Thruway toll ticket but had to turn it in so forgot all the good points. I think I hit the high points. 

Thank God you never sprung for an EZPass or this thread never happens.