Rookie Lowell Lotulelei retiring from football

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I find it amazing that anyone would want a guy to give back his money to a team that generates millions in profits, gets tax subsides, won't give guaranteed contracts, and benefits from playing in a league that is classified as a non profit. 

Personally, I root for players to get money from these teams. They're gross.

Hear, hear.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they cut him, there isn't any "let", you sign him, you cut him, he keeps his bonus.

Yeah, UDFA don't get a lot of bonus, same rookie pay scale but way less signing bonus.

If he retired while he was on the roster, no "man up" needed, accountants will come calling.

He got cut, his money.

Oh I know.

It was a sarcastic "I'm sure they will let him keep his money"

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they cut him, there isn't any "let", you sign him, you cut him, he keeps his bonus.

Yeah, UDFA don't get a lot of bonus, same rookie pay scale but way less signing bonus.

If he retired while he was on the roster, no "man up" needed, accountants will come calling.

He got cut, his money.

Didn't realize the cut at first.  That is different.  Keep.the money. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

why would you be frustrated? And as a UDFA, he probably doesn't have the talent to make millions, and it's not just a 'game', it's a job, a lifestyle, a full-time commitment to a team goal of winning a championship. Sorry , but I hate when people refer to professional sports as 'a game', it's so much more than that.

I think in this case he does have the talent, but went undrafted because teams questioned his commitment to Football - so they didn’t want to waste a draft pick on him. It’s possible that everyone assumed he would play in the NFL and follow in his brother’s footsteps, but he lacked the same commitment to the grind. Some siblings are just total opposites. The fact he saw himself go undrafted and then get cut, he probably realized it was going to be a ton of work that he really didn’t care about the end result. I do find it interesting that he wants to coach, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think in this case he does have the talent, but went undrafted because teams questioned his commitment to Football - so they didn’t want to waste a draft pick on him. It’s possible that everyone assumed he would play in the NFL and follow in his brother’s footsteps, but he lacked the same commitment to the grind. Some siblings are just total opposites. The fact he saw himself go undrafted and then get cut, he probably realized it was going to be a ton of work that he really didn’t care about the end result. I do find it interesting that he wants to coach, though. 

coach? How about motivational speaking?    lol    :doh:

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Curious if big bro had some words of discouragement about playing in the league.

I hope his brother doesn't pull a boner like that on the Bills & still try's to get his money !! 

14 hours ago, scribo said:

This freakin' generation...

:bag:

We're taking over the world. One unearned paycheck at a time. But hey, the guy didn't see himself getting a chance. Wasn't in love with football, and is perfectly content to "work ya'lls little jobs" in an area he's interested in. I respect that. The corporate world is no cakewalk he's betting on himself there... With a 15 grand cushion. Whereas most of us came out of debt lol.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, scribo said:

It is still a game. It takes a certain lifestyle to win in it. And the reports out of Utah and throughout the scouting world were that he didn't work hard, did not chase his potential all through his final college season. Going into last year most everyone thought he had a real chance. Anytime someone wastes an opportunity, it is frustrating to me. So many others give everything they have and come up short because of, at least in part, a lack of talent.

I totally understand that. Theres people that just never get their opportunity in the stuff they strive for so i dont get throwing an opportunity like that out. Im a yung buck but the attitude the system is pushing on us is too soft.