Heartfelt story of female football player.. Toni Harris, best of luck on your goal!

6 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

No there aren't. Not even close.

You are denying that there are exceptional female athletes that are better than average male athletes?  There are certainly faster females than the average male athlete and there are certainly stronger ones too.  Don't be so pessimistic.  

This is just plain stupid, there is not a woman on  the planet who could/should play even DI-AA football let alone play in the NFL.  Why does she even have this as a goal?  Its foolish and she will end up being seriously hurtt

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

NO woman could ever even come close to matching up with an NFL player. I can't tell if you are joking, or just an insane delusional wacko.

You are established as SME for insane delusional wackos and are a bad joke. It nicely combines two.  Just because my opinion does not agree does not make me in your insanity class.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

You are denying that there are exceptional female athletes that are better than average male athletes?  There are certainly faster females than the average male athlete and there are certainly stronger ones too.  Don't be so pessimistic.  

No I am not. I am being realistic. Being better than average is not what it takes to make it in the NFL. You need to be the best of the best... and no woman could ever even come close to reaching that level. To deny that is to deny reality. Have fun on LaLa Land... the real world is a little more logical.

Just now, Limeaid said:

You are established as SME for insane delusional wackos and are a bad joke. It nicely combines two.  Just because my opinion does not agree does not make me in your insanity class.

you are correct, my opinion doesn't make you that.... your opinion makes you that. It is delusional at best

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Lets make sure we’re discussing the same thing. This young lady is a better athlete than probably 90% of the male population. But thats not what we’re comparing her to. NFL players are the elite of the elite. So we’re not comparing her to the average male. We’re comparing her to the elite male athlete. Its not even close. 

This has nothing to do with sex. Its a pure numbers game. Its biology. Its physics. 

I'm not talking about this individual woman.  Women have run a 4.3 40 in the past and some are very strong.  I don't think it would ever happen but I wouldn't be surprised.  There are some exceptional female athletes out there in today's world.

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Oh I get it.  I'm all for that if that's how you want to break it up.  Just leave the game and product like it is is all I'm asking.  Give me a different product and let me tell you if it's entertaining, don't change what I already like.  

Realistically it would probably end up with just the Women's league and the National League since any Male league wouldn't be popular enough while the Women's league would have novelty going for it.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'm not talking about this individual woman.  Women have run a 4.3 40 in the past and some are very strong.  I don't think it would ever happen but I wouldn't be surprised.  There are some exceptional female athletes out there in today's world.

None of these "exceptional" female athletes could compete in the NFL, NO WAY not even close

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I have and would again. 

It's even more bizzare wrestling one.

It's ridiculous to give less than your best and it's disrespectful to lighten up because she is a woman. Unless she's retarded she knows her risks on the field, it's the same risk anyone takes on the field and it's part of what so many enjoy about the participation in sports; the wide open sheer madness.

Not sure who taught you how to respect women, but I can tell you this ... they didn't do a good job.

Great story and good for her but she can't compete on a NFL or D1 football field.

How would she fare against 6'5" 245 lb Kelvin Benjamin going over the middle? 

or she's a safety, right so maybe she is asked to tackle 6'6" 265 lb Rob Gronkowski, never going to happen for any woman no matter how badass she thinks she is.

Edited by PeterGriffin

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Would you tackle a woman with all of your might? I would not.

Maybe someone can come up with the quote, but a prominent NFL player, RB I think, said something to the effect, "if my momma was on the football field and wearing the opponent's uniform, I would run over her...and I love my momma"

She plays safety so it's on her to do the tackling.  If you're on the football field in a game, I don't think that thought runs through you.  I think it's like "safety between me and the goal line,BAM, stiffarm"  Or if she hits you and you know you've been hit, well then.

Sort of like sparring a girl in Tae Kwon Do, that "oh, hold back" attitude lasts until she nails you then it's like "well all right then, let's go"

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Talk about synchronicity lol I just saw this on YouTube 10 minutes ago lol

good luck, but I doubt she makes it

I know women athletes who could probably play football if they wanted.  They're feminine, but they're just as big and strong as the guys, 5'11, 6'1.  They say NBA players have a lot of respect for WNBA players - talent knows talent.

That said, at this time she doesn't look like she really has the size and strength for it.  So I say "same - good luck, doubt she makes it".

2 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Great story and good for her but she can't compete on a NFL or D1 football field.

How would she fare against 6'5" 245 lb Kelvin Benjamin going over the middle? 

or she's a safety, right so maybe she is asked to tackle 6'6" 265 Rob Gronkowski, never going to happen for any woman no matter how badass she thinks she is.

To be totally fair, that's a mismatch for a lot of the male safeties playing in the league.  But I couldn't find her height and weight anywhere, and she does look small.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe someone can come up with the quote, but a prominent NFL player, RB I think, said something to the effect, "if my momma was on the football field and wearing the opponent's uniform, I would run over her...and I love my momma"

She plays safety so it's on her to do the tackling.  If you're on the football field in a game, I don't think that thought runs through you.  I think it's like "safety between me and the goal line,BAM, stiffarm"  Or if she hits you and you know you've been hit, well then.

Sort of like sparring a girl in Tae Kwon Do, that "oh, hold back" attitude lasts until she nails you then it's like "well all right then"

I know women athletes who could probably play football if they wanted.  They're feminine, but they're just as big and strong as the guys, 5'11, 6'1.  They say NBA players have a lot of respect for WNBA players - talent knows talent.

That said, at this time she doesn't look like she really has the size and strength for it.  So I say "same".

Talent definitely respects talent and I think their are tons of great female athletes... it will just take a special woman to break the football barrier...

my guess if it ever happens...

Kicker, Punter or dark horse....

Quarterback

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Haha. Lets break this down bc it really shouldnt be THIS complicated. 

Are there fast women in this world? Yes. 

Are there big women in this world? Yes. 

Are there strong women in this world? Yes. 

Now that those disclaimers are out of the way lets stop the nonsense. 

Some of the fastest women in the history of the world (Jeter, Jones, Joyner) have weighed between 128lbs and 150. 

Yes theyre fast. We’re talking about all-time fast. How strong are they? How big are they? A 128lb woman would DIE on a football field. Name me a single NFL player that weighs less than 150 (including kickers). Those sizes could only be used at WR or maybe CB. LB’s or safeties that weigh 220lbs+ would obliterate them. 

Lets go on opposite side of spectrum. Lets find a woman that is 6’5 and weighs 250. Can that woman run a 4.6 40? Can she put up 225lbs 20+ times? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not sure who taught you how to respect women, but I can tell you this ... they didn't do a good job.

Really? I mean let's say you were playing against a guy that happened to be smaller and weaker than you. Which would be more disrespectful beating them or refusing to play them.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sort of like sparring a girl in Tae Kwon Do, that "oh, hold back" attitude lasts until she nails you then it's like "well all right then, let's go"

That said, at this time she doesn't look like she really has the size and strength for it.  So I say "same".

No you don't, because they don't exist. They can compete with average male athletes, but would never even come close to division 1 talent, let alone professional talent.

Everyone got so excited about that female basketball player from baylor who's 6'9" and could barely dunk... yet you have TONS of highschool boys under 6' who can do crazy dunks. Please don't deny reality, it looks bad.

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Haha. Lets break this down bc it really shouldnt be THIS complicated. 

Are there fast women in this world? Yes. 

Are there big women in this world? Yes. 

Are there strong women in this world? Yes. 

Now that those disclaimers are out of the way lets stop the nonsense. 

Some of the fastest women in the history of the world (Jeter, Jones, Joyner) have weighed between 128lbs and 150. 

Yes theyre fast. We’re talking about all-time fast. How strong are they? How big are they? A 128lb woman would DIE on a football field. Name me a single NFL player that weighs less than 150 (including kickers). Those sizes could only be used at WR or maybe CB. LB’s or safeties that weigh 220lbs+ would obliterate them. 

Lets go on opposite side of spectrum. Lets find a woman that is 6’5 and weighs 250. Can that woman run a 4.6 40? Can she put up 225lbs 20+ times? 

Who says they have to be that big?  Darren Sproles is 5'6" 190.  There are small players all over the league.  Tarik Cohen for the Bears is 5'6" 179.  I'm not saying it's likely but I'm also not saying it's impossible.  It just hasn't happened yet.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Really? I mean let's say you were playing against a guy that happened to be smaller and weaker than you. Which would be more disrespectful beating them or refusing to play them.

Great analogy.

Really.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Who says they have to be that big?  Darren Sproles is 5'6" 190.  There are small players all over the league.  Tarik Cohen for the Bears is 5'6" 179.  I'm not saying it's likely but I'm also not saying it's impossible.  It just hasn't happened yet.

and never will.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Sir, have a good night. We’re talking past each other. 

Edited by bobobonators

12 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

FWIW at the 2005 combine, Sproles 5'6" 187 lbs put up 225 lbs 23 times and ran a 4.48 40.

Remember Joe Morris, 5'7" 195 lbs, he benched 420 lbs and squatted 700 lbs. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3819466

Sorry but no woman is ever playing in the NFL