Heartfelt story of female football player.. Toni Harris, best of luck on your goal!

1 minute ago, Bills4life1924 said:

What sport does a women have that men dont? Cheerleading? There are men cheerleaders. Field hockey(possibly)? But men play hockey instead. I cannot think of another women organized sport that men do not have. If I am missing something let me know, but women do not have all the opportunity in organized sports like men do

Agreed.  I'm for them having the opportunity but I think they should have their own league.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Well idk, are you telling me no man is barred from trying out for any female sport?  Then a follow up if you say none, why have no men try out for them?  I'll tell you why, because they see the unfair advantage and don't want to degrade the integrity  of the sport.  

My my fear isn't the few that could play the sport, it's the compulsory evening of everything now across the gender spectrum so that everything is fair.  But it's not, not to the men who won't go full throttle against a woman.  It will change the whole sport.  I'm more about protecting the sport than anything against woman.

I mean what sport are men not allowed to play.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

From what you posted first time, yes. Bills have 19 players players UNDER 200 pounds.  It appears you have a double standard or are skewing data to fit scenario.

There are 62 women in MNBA from 70.9"/180 pounds to 77.2"/250 pounds who physically could match up to players in NFL if they desire as well had opportunities (including scholarships) like men in college.  I am sure there are in other sports as well but choose MNBA because it is easiest sport to transition to NFL given number of TEs, etc has data accessible and a sport which requires speed.

what the hell is the "MNBA" and who has easily transitioned from it to the NFL??

4 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Agreed.  I'm for them having the opportunity but I think they should have their own league.  

Definately, unfortunately that's not the case. That's why I would never deny a female to tryout for a male team, if she and her family chose to do so

• Like (+1) 1

This is a nice story but there is no way a woman can physically compete with grown men on a football field. She is giving up 40-50 lbs even to "light" guys and men are just much stronger than women are in general. The strongest woman in the world is likely on par with an average male.

She is going to get seriously hurt if she plays long enough. There is a reason why Serena and Venus Williams, the best women's tennis players don't play against guys...guys who we never even heard of that were ranked in the 300 or 400s in the world easily beat them...one while smoking a cigarette in between games(look it up).

Anyone who wants to pretend there are not major physical differences between men and women that makes this a foolish endeavor is in fantasy land.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

We had a girl on our team, Daniellle Davis, and she was a beast on special teams. She was tough as hell and hit hard. This was a 6a school in FL that faced several eventual D1 and even pro players. Former Bill Kawika Mitchell was on our team. 

Maybe in High school when you have kids weighing 140 or 150 lbs sometimes but in college when guys are really in the weight room and start packing on size and muscle women simply cannot do that...they lack the Testosterone to build muscle like that and the 140 or 150 lbs guys they were trying to tackle in high school are replaced by 190 and 200 lb guys in college...good luck with that.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Idk that.  I would assume men are able to or have as many as woman and vice versa.  What are you getting at?

I mean I'm having trouble thinking of any. If your talking about things like the WNBA that doesn't really count. I mean what man would want to play in a league that would pay them less and give them considerably less prestige. I mean any league that starts with the word Women's essentially implies there is a male version.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

From what you posted first time, yes. Bills have 19 players players UNDER 200 pounds.  It appears you have a double standard or are skewing data to fit scenario.

There are 62 women in MNBA from 70.9"/180 pounds to 77.2"/250 pounds who physically could match up to players in NFL if they desire as well had opportunities (including scholarships) like men in college.  I am sure there are in other sports as well but choose MNBA because it is easiest sport to transition to NFL given number of TEs, etc has data accessible and a sport which requires speed.

Except the amount of strength they have per pound is far less than an equivalent male.  All you have to do to see this is put them in a weight room with a guy the same weight watch the differences...id be willing to bet the guy on average would be lifting 100-125 lbs more AT MINIMUM on the compound lifts.  Nobody in their right mind would think that a female should be playing football with males as adults.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Except the amount of strength they have per pound is far less than an equivalent male.  All you have to do to see this is put them in a weight room with a guy the same weight watch the differences...id be willing to bet the guy on average would be lifting 100-125 lbs more AT MINIMUM on the compound lifts.  Nobody in their right mind would think that a female should be playing football with males as adults.

There shouldn't be a specific rule against it though. If someone is the best person available at a position they should be able to play. If none are able to make it then that's just how it hashes out but anyone should be free to try to make it if they want.

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

awesome story. Happy to see her excel like she has. 

I could see maybe a hanful of elite female athletes playing in college on smaller schools/divisions. 

No way a female ever makes it to the NFL in a position other than maybe kicker. NFL is about combining speed, size, and strength; three things males are genetically superior in on average

An elite male athlete (which is what is required to play in the NFL) will always be faster and stronger than an elite female athlete. The competition among elite male athletes is already so high that just a miniscule dropoff in talent is the difference between having an NFL career and watching from the couch on Sundays. 

On average, I'd agree with you.  However, there are some exceptional outlier athletes that certainly could compete.  

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I'm having trouble thinking of any. If your talking about things like the WNBA that doesn't really count. I mean what man would want to play in a league that would pay them less and give them considerably less prestige. I mean any league that starts with the word Women's essentially implies there is a male version.

Ah there it is.  So we should allow woman into men's league who they physically can compete in because it's unfair their sport doesn't have the ratings or money.  How is that fair?  Again, here's the double standard.  

Dude, I want woman to have their own things not delude other things because they want more fame or money.  They don't get the money and fame because they aren't as entertaining.  You can't change that by forcing it but that's exactly what's happening in a lot of things.

2 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I find it unlikely as well, but would love to see it as a football fan

not unlikely... it's impossible, unless she is a short range FG Kicker.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

On average, I'd agree with you.  However, there are some exceptional outlier athletes that certainly could compete.  

No there aren't. Not even close.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Im not skewing anything. You said not every player in the NFL is 240. The average weight of an NFL player is greater than 240 (slightly). So yeh not every player in the nfl is 240, but you act as if my statement was based in some story book world. 

Less than 1% of college football players make it to the NFL for a reason.

Yeh we can find a 6’4 woman that weighs 250. But Can she put up 225lbs 20 times? Very Likely not. Can she run a 40 in 4.6 seconds? Very likely not. 

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Ah there it is.  So we should allow woman into men's league who they physically can compete in because it's unfair their sport doesn't have the ratings or money.  How is that fair?  Again, here's the double standard.  

Dude, I want woman to have their own things not delude other things because they want more fame or money.  They don't get the money and fame because they aren't as entertaining.  You can't change that by forcing it but that's exactly what's happening in a lot of things.

You're completely missing the point. If you want to split things up that way then there should be three leagues one for men, one for women, and one for the best players no matter which side they come from. I mean no one is saying lower the bar for women to be able to play in the NFL that would be stupid, but if a women is above the bar then they sure as hell shouldn't keep her from playing just because she happens to be a woman.

36 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

NO woman could ever even come close to matching up with an NFL player. I can't tell if you are joking, or just an insane delusional wacko.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Warcodered said:

You're completely missing the point. If you want to split things up that way then there should be three leagues one for men, one for women, and one for the best players no matter which side they come from. I mean no one is saying lower the bar for women to be able to play in the NFL that would be stupid, but if a women is above the bar then they sure as hell shouldn't keep her from playing just because she happens to be a woman.

Oh I get it.  I'm all for that if that's how you want to break it up.  Just leave the game and product like it is is all I'm asking.  Give me a different product and let me tell you if it's entertaining, don't change what I already like.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Lets make sure we’re discussing the same thing. This young lady is a better athlete than probably 90% of the male population. But thats not what we’re comparing her to. NFL players are the elite of the elite. So we’re not comparing her to the average male. We’re comparing her to the elite male athlete. Its not even close. 

This has nothing to do with sex. Its a pure numbers game. Its biology. Its physics. 

• Like (+1) 1