Heartfelt story of female football player.. Toni Harris, best of luck on your goal!

26 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What the he'll league was this? I played Pop Warner/Tyro ...for Airlanes.I never saw a girl lace up...my father along with many others fathers would have pulled us from the league.Women playing in a brutal tough man's sport is not something I support.A few years ago a female jr high student joined a wrestling team...nobody would wrestle her..they all forfeited. 

Over 20 years ago... I might have been 10-11.. I have had 10+ concussions lol

At my Alma Mater their was a female who played on the modified team around 5 years ago. Though I wasn’t there 

I have heard of female wrestlers also

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

sport like the NFL is completely different. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any female in the world that can weigh in at 230-240 and run a 4.4 40 time. 

Except all NFL players are NOT 230-240 even soaking wet.  Maybin was listed in that range but could not keep it on.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Would you tackle a woman with all of your might? I would not.

As a father of two daughters I’m all for women to achieve what ever goals they set for them selfs and I would help/ support along the way !! I also have two boys , and I cannot even imagine one of them going full speed and tackling a female ( my daughter or not) , a man should NEVER hit a woman and for that reason ( IMO ) there no place in the NFL for a female , ( refs , coaching and so on I have NO issues with ) 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Let big,tall,powerful men join the WNBA then! No double standards....and start up another football league..for both females and males...

Dude, not trying to argue with ya.. If there were wrestling or football teams for females, then of course I wouldn't even be having this discussion. There is already NBA(for male athletes), hence the reason WNBA was created.. Most high schools(if any) do not have their own female wrestling/football squads. So if a female wants to tryout, then why not let her? And like I said before, if she makes the cut, more power to her!! 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

As a father of two daughters I’m all for women to achieve what ever goals they set for them selfs and I would help/ support along the way !! I also have two boys , and I cannot even imagine one of them going full speed and tackling a female ( my daughter or not) , a man should NEVER hit a woman and for that reason ( IMO ) there no place in the NFL for a female , ( refs , coaching and so on I have issues with ) 

Yes,sir!!! Well said,you're a very good parent!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Except all NFL players are NOT 230-240 even soaking wet.  Maybin was listed in that range but could not keep it on.

Really? Thats what you got from that? 

Fine. Find me any female in the world that can weigh even close to 200lbs and run a 4.4 40

its simple physics. Force = m*a. 

The fastest female sprinters in the world (which is the kind of speed that would be needed to even have a shot at the NFL as a woman) come in weighing well less than 150lbs, with most weighing in the 120’s. 

Males can perform at those olympic speeds weighing in at 180lbs +. 

Who wins that Force equation? Males every time. 

How long will a player weighing 120lbs last in a league with guys weighing 220lbs+ 

• Like (+1) 1

With this I feel myself aligning the same way I feel with women in the military, police, fire department, or just any male dominated field. You look at it as if the gender column doesn't exist and just go by what they can do. If they meet the requirements to do the job or with NFL if they're the player that can bring the best value to the position for what you can afford to pay for it then sure go ahead.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I played against a chick when I was 14 or 15. She was the best player on their team ... I didn’t try hard and she ran my *** over...  not after that play ?

We had a girl on our team, Daniellle Davis, and she was a beast on special teams. She was tough as hell and hit hard. This was a 6a school in FL that faced several eventual D1 and even pro players. Former Bill Kawika Mitchell was on our team. 

42 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Dude, not trying to argue with ya.. If there were wrestling or football teams for females, then of course I wouldn't even be having this discussion. There is already NBA(for male athletes), hence the reason WNBA was created.. Most high schools(if any) do not have their own female wrestling/football squads. So if a female wants to tryout, then why not let her? And like I said before, if she makes the cut, more power to her!! 

This is the issue.  Not more power to her.  Should men be allowed to tryout for female sports?  This makes sense but today's society it's wrong to question the double standard unless it goes one way.  I don't hate woman I'm just not blind to obvious physical differences that delude the integrity of sport.

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

This is the issue.  Not more power to her.  Should men be allowed to tryout for female sports?  This makes sense but today's society it's wrong to question the double standard unless it goes one way.  I don't hate woman I'm just not blind to obvious physical differences that delude the integrity of sport.

What female sports are men not allowed to play?

45 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Well if you take it to extreme, if there was a wrestling or football team in high school, why would you want to limit the team by gender?  

The close contact issue in wrestling is problematic.  And we can whitewash it and say it isn't, or that there are not societal issues that many kids would struggle with, but there are.  Besides, if it's all good and we're all the same, no need for different locker rooms.

6 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Plenty of men play soccer....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Really? Thats what you got from that?  

Fine. Find me any female in the world that can weigh even close to 200lbs and run a 4.4 40

From what you posted first time, yes. Bills have 19 players players UNDER 200 pounds.  It appears you have a double standard or are skewing data to fit scenario.

There are 62 women in MNBA from 70.9"/180 pounds to 77.2"/250 pounds who physically could match up to players in NFL if they desire as well had opportunities (including scholarships) like men in college.  I am sure there are in other sports as well but choose MNBA because it is easiest sport to transition to NFL given number of TEs, etc has data accessible and a sport which requires speed.

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

We had a girl on our team, Daniellle Davis, and she was a beast on special teams. She was tough as hell and hit hard. This was a 6a school in FL that faced several eventual D1 and even pro players. Former Bill Kawika Mitchell was on our team. 

Nice. I can see elite female athletes performing at a lower level football program. The elite male athletes on that level arent really the norm. Once you go up in levels and eventually get to the NFL the elite male athlete is the absolute norm and no longer the exception. 

I like to think of it as follows:

Think of small players in the NFL current or past. 

Players like Marquise Goodwin, Steve Smith Sr, Honey Badger, Sproles. Etc

Think of how small those players look relative to their peers. When you watch them on TV the size difference is noticeable. Now take into account that every single one of those “small” players is at LEAST 170lbs with most being around 180+. All of them are great NFL players and that requires them to utilize every ounce of their frame. 

Now, imagine those “small” players listed above being even SMALLER, weighing 40-50lbs less. 

Some of the lightest players in the NFL in recent history have been in the 160’s. Those players are extemely rare yet the reality remains that a 160lb male is still substantially larger and stronger than someone like Harris who comes in weighing 130 max. 

A 120-140lb player wouldnt last in the NFL in any position other than K or P. 

Just now, Warcodered said:

What female sports are men not allowed to play?

Well idk, are you telling me no man is barred from trying out for any female sport?  Then a follow up if you say none, why have no men try out for them?  I'll tell you why, because they see the unfair advantage and don't want to degrade the integrity  of the sport.  

My my fear isn't the few that could play the sport, it's the compulsory evening of everything now across the gender spectrum so that everything is fair.  But it's not, not to the men who won't go full throttle against a woman.  It will change the whole sport.  I'm more about protecting the sport than anything against woman.

7 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

What sport does a women have that men dont? Cheerleading? There are men cheerleaders. Field hockey(possibly)? But men play hockey instead. I cannot think of another women organized sport that men do not have. If I am missing something let me know, but women do not have all the opportunity in organized sports like men do