Heartfelt story of female football player.. Toni Harris, best of luck on your goal!

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Would you tackle a woman with all of your might? I would not.

I played against a chick when I was 14 or 15. She was the best player on their team ... I didn’t try hard and she ran my *** over...  not after that play ?

• Like (+1) 1

awesome story. Happy to see her excel like she has. 

I could see maybe a hanful of elite female athletes playing in college on smaller schools/divisions. 

No way a female ever makes it to the NFL in a position other than maybe kicker. NFL is about combining speed, size, and strength; three things males are genetically superior in on average. 

An elite male athlete (which is what is required to play in the NFL) will always be faster and stronger than an elite female athlete. The competition among elite male athletes is already so high that just a miniscule dropoff in talent is the difference between having an NFL career and watching from the couch on Sundays. 

Edited by bobobonators

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I played against a chick when I was 14 or 15. She was the best player on their team ... I didn’t try hard and she ran my *** over...  not after that play ?

What the he'll league was this? I played Pop Warner/Tyro ...for Airlanes.I never saw a girl lace up...my father along with many others fathers would have pulled us from the league.Women playing in a brutal tough man's sport is not something I support.A few years ago a female jr high student joined a wrestling team...nobody would wrestle her..they all forfeited. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

A few years ago a female jr high student joined a wrestling team...nobody would wrestle her..they all forfeited. 

Forfeited bc she was a girl and didn't want to compete against opposite gender? Or scared of losing to a girl? I have seen several high school female wrestlers beat male wrestlers. Embarassing.. yes, but atleast they had the balls not to forfeit and compete. Women should get every right to compete in any sport, especially the sports that don't have own female teams(even if odds are against them)

Just now, Bills4life1924 said:

Forfeited bc she was a girl and didn't want to compete against opposite gender? Or scared of losing to a girl? I have seen several high school female wrestlers beat male wrestlers. Embarassing.. yes, but atleast they had the balls not to forfeit and compete. Women should get every right to compete in any sport, especially the sports that don't have own female teams(even if odds are against them)

That's your opinion.I wrestled in HS in the late 70's and early 80's,not a chance I would ever take on a girl. No way...No how. These days boys are joining the girl scouts and girls are going the boy scouts...have at it!!!!...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That's your opinion.I wrestled in HS in the late 70's and early 80's,not a chance I would ever take on a girl. No way...No how. These days boys are joining the girl scouts and girls are going the boy scouts...have at it!!!!...

I am sure it was different back then, and I understand that. But in today's world, girls should atleast tryout and compete(if they so choose to) and if they make the team, more power to them. But hopefully they earn that opportunity and not have it given to them for their gender

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Would you tackle a woman with all of your might? I would not.

I have and would again. 

It's even more bizzare wrestling one.

It's ridiculous to give less than your best and it's disrespectful to lighten up because she is a woman. Unless she's retarded she knows her risks on the field, it's the same risk anyone takes on the field and it's part of what so many enjoy about the participation in sports; the wide open sheer madness.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What the he'll league was this? I played Pop Warner/Tyro ...for Airlanes.I never saw a girl lace up...my father along with many others fathers would have pulled us from the league.Women playing in a brutal tough man's sport is not something I support.A few years ago a female jr high student joined a wrestling team...nobody would wrestle her..they all forfeited. 

Why would they forfeit? 

Though a male should still have an advantage wrestling is a more even playing field bc they have to make weight so the size advantage is somewhat negated.  Then technique can come into play.

A sport like the NFL is completely different. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any female in the world that can weigh in at 230-240 and run a 4.4 40 time. 

3 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I am sure it was different back then, and I understand that. But in today's world, girls should atleast tryout and compete(if they so choose to) and if they make the team, more power to them. But hopefully they earn that opportunity and not have it given to them for their gender

Let big,tall,powerful men join the WNBA then! No double standards....and start up another football league..for both females and males...

• Thank you (+1) 1

For those who prefer non-videos (not play them at work):

Safety Antoinette ‘Toni’ Harris might be the 2nd woman to ever earn a college football scholarship

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/18/16908018/antoinette-toni-harris-female-safety-scholarship-bethany-college

Safety Antoinette 'Toni' Harris Joins Exclusive Company With College Football Scholarship

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/01/19/belthany-antoinette-harris-woman-scholarship

I could see a woman being able to play safety or DB.  Some of the back four players on defense are pretty short (Nickell Robey-Coleman was 5'8") but her height is too small I think (5'6").  Some of the women in WBA could get roles in NFL if they worked at in college.

Harris is in exclusive company. She joins other female athletes such as Katie Hnida and Becca Longo that played football at the college level. Her goal is to become the first female player in the NFL.

Edited by Limeaid
Fixing stupid editor rearranging of text