When that adult child of yours just won't move out....

Just Jack

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/05/judge_praises_adult_sons_legal_research_boots_him_from_parents_house_anyway.html

Syracuse, NY -- State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood tried everything he could today to convince a 30-year-old man to move out of his parents' Camillus house on his own. But after half an hour of back-and-forth, primarily between the son, Michael Rotondo, and the judge, the judge had had enough: Rotondo would have to move out, the judge ruled. He also ordered adult protective services to investigate, expressing concern about what was going on.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again, hope they never need assisted living or they have other children. LoL... Dude is so pulling the trigger on the Nursing Home when they get up there in a few short years.

You really think this POS would ever help them if they did?  Hopefully they are smart enough to identify someone else to manage their affairs when that day comes.

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You really think this POS would ever help them if they did?  Hopefully they are smart enough to identify someone else to manage their affairs when that day comes.

I can't really make a judgement.  It always takes two to tango.  They did a hell of job raising him... Now they need the State's help.  They sound like real winners too.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I can't really make a judgement.  It always takes two to tango.  They did a hell of job raising him... Now they need the State's help.  They sound like real winners too.

No doubt they screwed the pooch the long time ago on the parental front.

If they were smart they'd tell the state he beats them and he'd be out of there this afternoon.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:55 AM, row_33 said:

i can assure you children born in the 50s and 60s were bigger deadbeats than those born after 2000...

this is outstanding.  

what i've seen though is the newer, "hippies" are still at least financially tied to their parents.  they still request money, still use their car, still expect to get bailed out, etc.  i don't have first hand experience with the old school hippies, but i just feel the new generation is trying hard to live that bohemian lifestyle while still being far too dependent.

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

yeah...this kid is useless.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

No doubt they screwed the pooch the long time ago on the parental front.

If they were smart they'd tell the state he beats them and he'd be out of there this afternoon.

it's definitely the fault of the parents in a large part.  i have a feeling they could have dealt with this years ago.  

i know it's easy to be at home, but don't most kids want their freedom from mom and dad.  with my first apartment, i was just so excited that i could bring girls home without the nonsense waiting until the parents were asleep, being quiet etc.  i loved being on my own.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

this is outstanding.  

what i've seen though is the newer, "hippies" are still at least financially tied to their parents.  they still request money, still use their car, still expect to get bailed out, etc.  i don't have first hand experience with the old school hippies, but i just feel the new generation is trying hard to live that bohemian lifestyle while still being far too dependent.

yeah...this kid is useless.

it's definitely the fault of the parents in a large part.  i have a feeling they could have dealt with this years ago.  

i know it's easy to be at home, but don't most kids want their freedom from mom and dad.  with my first apartment, i was just so excited that i could bring girls home without the nonsense waiting until the parents were asleep, being quiet etc.  i loved being on my own.

What do you mean nonsense waiting until the parents are asleep.  Everything is out in open now, the parents probably watch.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Paulus said:

This is a testament to bad parenting, period. 

Congratulations, you failed as a parent!!! 

There are some who will go wrong no matter how perfect a job their parents did.  

On 5/15/2018 at 3:20 AM, BuffaloBill said:

How pathetic and embarrassing for all of them to end up in this situation.  

Doesn't seem to be a lot of dignity/ self-respect anymore. I feel at some point shame or embarrassment would have kicked in well before it got to this point. But maybe the entitlement personality flaw is too strong?

Edited by Dante

28 minutes ago, Dante said:

Doesn't seem to be a lot of dignity/ self-respect anymore. I feel at some point shame or embarrassment would have kicked in well before it got to this point. But maybe the entitlement personality flaw is too strong?

Sorry, shame and embarrasment have been outlawed by the SJWs and PC overlords.

Yesterday I was sent a survey of California voters;  the very first question was "Which issues are most important to you?" and the first option was "Jobs that bring dignity and respect".  That's right folks, we don't need jobs that produce economic value, or jobs that pay at a level commensurate with the value of their contribution, and we certainly don't need jobs that teach the value of hard work.  We just need jobs that "bring dignity and respect".   :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yesterday I was sent a survey of California voters;  the very first question was "Which issues are most important to you?" and the first option was "Jobs that bring dignity and respect".  That's right folks, we don't need jobs that produce economic value, or jobs that pay at a level commensurate with the value of their contribution, and we certainly don't need jobs that teach the value of hard work.  We just need jobs that "bring dignity and respect".   :doh:

All about feelings. Not reality or practicality. Amazing level of bullshitting going on. Seems like a lot of the masses are on board though.

13 hours ago, Dante said:

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It seems that the inherent value of hard work is becoming a lost idea in our society.  Too many people simply want the easy way out or feel as though they are entitled.  My father-in-law recently passed away.  The guy fought in the Korean War on the front lines, lifted himself out of dire poverty through a bit of education and worked he his ass off into old age. He told my wife and me both, just before he died, that life is full of blessings but it is also very hard at times.  His advice was to continue to push forward no matter how hard the circumstances are. 

Somehow today people fail to see the worth of that kind of advice and example.  Too many want to believe that we can make things easy by taking some pills and relying on the hard work or ideas of others.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It seems that the inherent value of hard work is becoming a lost idea in our society.  Too many people simply want the easy way out or feel as though they are entitled.  My father-in-law recently passed away.  The guy fought in the Korean War on the front lines, lifted himself out of dire poverty through a bit of education and worked he his ass off into old age. He told my wife and me both, just before he died, that life is full of blessings but it is also very hard at times.  His advice was to continue to push forward no matter how hard the circumstances are. 

Somehow today people fail to see the worth of that kind of advice and example.  Too many want to believe that we can make things easy by taking some pills and relying on the hard work or ideas of others.  

Nice narrative to keep the hoi polloi in check.

Always been that way.  It's just reaching to the masses more now.  Gotta keep the masses in line.

Does anybody really want to bust their azz till 70?  Maybe father inlaw lived a long life, many don't. Labor breaks them.

My father broke in on railroad right at end of the steam era.  There used to be a old-timer that would shovel coal for 10 hours a day.  He'd come in hunched over, and there he would be in same position all shift, shoveling coal.  He would leave, walking hunched over the same way he started his shift.  The old-timer would tell my father: "They don't make kids like they used to." My father would reply back: "Yeah, they don't make kids as stupid as they used to!"

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Always been that way.  It's just reaching to the masses more now.  Gotta keep the masses in line.

Does anybody really want to bust their azz till 70?  Maybe father inlaw lived a long life, many don't. Labor breaks them.

My father broke in on railroad right at end of the steam era.  There used to be a old-timer that would shovel coal for 10 hours a day.  He'd come in hunched over, and there he would be in same position all shift, shoveling coal.  He would leave, walking hunched over the same way he started his shift.  The old-timer would tell my father: "They don't make kids like they used to." My father would reply back: "Yeah, they don't make kids as stupid as they used to!"

EII - this is a very unfortunate and disrespectful comment to the people who have to work at hard physical jobs.  The truth of the matter is that hard work involves a lot of different types of underlying activities.  Sometimes people have no choice or can’t work beyond their circumstances.  Good for those who can.  Work ethic does not only apply to those who work physically.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think yes. Some do. That's whats called character. It's who they are. They want to be productive. Do something. Part of the dna. I don't think labor breaks anyone. It builds them. Once you have no problem doing that. It will apply to everything you do.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

EII - this is a very unfortunate and disrespectful comment to the people who have to work at hard physical jobs.  The truth of the matter is that hard work involves a lot of different types of underlying activities.  Sometimes people have no choice or can’t work beyond their circumstances.  Good for those who can.  Work ethic does not only apply to those who work physically.

I know.  My father knows it was disrespectful.  The dude was crippled up because that's what he did his whole life.

They had self-banking coal feeders... Couldn't come soon enough?

25 minutes ago, Dante said:

I think yes. Some do. That's whats called character. It's who they are. They want to be productive. Do something. Part of the dna. I don't think labor breaks anyone. It builds them. Once you have no problem doing that. It will apply to everything you do.

Bust azz by being crippled up physically is what I meant.

Our nug left for Virginia the week after his college graduation (6 years ago). My wife refuses to do anything to update his room..with the exception of doing the unslept in bedding once a month. Nobody has the balls to tell her she's looney,including me.