Mike Clay (ESPN) Score Projections Has the Bills Favored in Just Two Games

16 minutes ago, MDFan said:

If you click on this click bait and read his tweets, this is not a win/loss projection.  He has done that separately and has Buffalo projected at 5.7 wins, still third worst in the league.  Not sure what this analysis is worth - not much really.  

the .7 win will come in the Electoral College Bowl brought you by Kellogs.  We will dominate on offense, defense and special teams, but lose 35-6. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Forecasting that the Bills will completely suck is a popular position to take for the media, kind of like forecasting that NE will be great...all the cool kids are doing it.  Meh, so what, let them be proven wrong.

yeah but this is not your typical ex-football player meathead talking out his ass.

This is a bit more "scientific" than that.

Way too early to make these projections in my opinion, but we are going to have a tough year ahead of us, especially if Allen can't jump in right away and actually be good.

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Score projections for all 256 regular season NFL games sounds like win/loss to me.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who predicted them 2-14 awhile back in his "bold predictions" column. It's possible, but I'd say it's not much more possible than 14-2. It's an extreme. They've only been 2-14 twice since I've been following them, and never in the drought, and this team does not seem like a particular dropoff from last year (the defense could be MUCH better...and was very good in more than half the games, including the playoff game). If Allen starts and has an even bigger learning curve than we expect or McCarron turns out to be awful, and the defense plays more like it did in the three-game disaster or in either Patriots game, perhaps they could go 2-14, but it doesn't seem very likely.

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

we were supposed to go 4-12 last year 

And it was that weird thing that seems to happen where national pundits seem to try to top each other with how bad they say the Bills will be.

Edited by thurst44
just more to say :)

Predicting games in September is dumb.

Predicting games in May is hilarious. 

15 minutes ago, teef said:

what am i going to do on sundays at 1 pm now?

Probably be walking through the farmers market like you usually do?

44 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He has Cleveland averaging almost 22 ppg over the first 8 weeks when they averaged less than 15 all of 2018. 

They are a totally different offense. They added Landry, Hyde, Tyrod, Baker, Chubb, Corbett, Hubbard, Fells, and a healthy Josh Gordon. They should be miles ahead of where they were a year ago. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

This is actually a slight improvement over the Bills record the first 2 years of my marriage (2-14 back to back). My young bride asked “why do you do this to yourself?”

And what was the response you gave to your young bride?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are a totally different offense. They added Landry, Hyde, Tyrod, Baker, Chubb, Corbett, Hubbard, Fella, and a healthy Josh Gordon. They should be miles ahead of where they were a year ago. 

All those guys put together MIGHT add 3-4 points to the spread. Never, ever more than a TD. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

All those guys put together MIGHT add 3-4 points to the spread. Never, ever more than a TD. 

Kizer threw 22 picks last year. Addition by subtraction. Tyrod, Gordon, Landey, and Chubb should be huge improvements. Of course it is Cleveland so I wouldn't make assumptions about it yet.