Pats* to hire taekwando instructor

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

when on top of the game the best seek even more advantage

Jauron's bunch couldn't have been helped by anything

I know that the general public's view of a coach is quite limited, but I just don't know where Jauron shined. 

I'm sure he's a great coach, all NFL coaches are, but he doesn't strike me as a "schemer", motivator, player whisperer, any of that... 

What was he exactly? :doh:

Both my kids are TKD black belts, and from what I've watched during their practices, I would say that, along with discipline, the style of TKD centers a lot around kicking. I wonder if Brady will be brushing up on his technique?

Edited by Rocky Landing

6 hours ago, Sammyboy said:

One of my buddies is good friends with Joe Kim so I’ve met him a few times and talked to him about football. He tried working with Maybin when he was drafted here. Said he was hopeless.   Tried to get him to do extra work after practice and maybin wouldn’t show up. 

Aaron Maybin was without a doubt the absolute worst decision in the history of the Buffalo Bills

A player that could not even make it on the field as a special teamer......gets called out be Wood for stealing money

On 5/14/2018 at 3:04 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yep sure do. Local butcher. Jewish deli downtown. Great pastrami on rye. knows a lot about leverage surprisingly

On 5/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Judo would probably be better for this.

no grabbing or holding allowed on the line is there ?
Brazilian jiu jitsu might also might not work.

But the anticipation that Judo demands and the counters might be very good for the mental bit ?

On 5/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, Boyst62 said:

They should The ancient Asian art of Kama sutra 

you realize Bills no longer have Cheerleaders don't you ?

On 5/14/2018 at 7:32 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Okinawa Karate or Good Kung fu.

Agree that Tae Kwon Do is worthless for hands as all they do is kick. A Korean derivative of Shotokan which was a Japanese derivative of Okinawa Karate.

Aikido is to soft for the NFL. 

: )

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Both my kids are TKD black belts, and from what I've watched during their practices, I would say that, along with discipline, the style of TKD centers a lot around kicking. I wonder if Brady will be brushing up on his technique?

awesome effort right here. Favorite post today !!

29 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no grabbing or holding allowed on the line is there ?
Brazilian jiu jitsu might also might not work.

But the anticipation that Judo demands and the counters might be very good for the mental bit ?

you realize Bills no longer have Cheerleaders don't you ?

Judo would be good because you when your opponent is not balanced and which way to take them.  You can’t throw or toss if they are in good balance.  Football you can’t throw but you would be able to feel the weight shift and use that as leverage.

I trained a lot more in BJJ than Judo so I only know the basics of judo.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, John from Riverside said:

Tae Kwon Do is not the instructor you want you want teaching hand technique if your looking for a martial arts instructor.

Akido would be better

Hapkido as well. Some of the Korean Tae Kwon Do masters I knew brought in Hapkido masters for training sometimes. 

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Bills will just have to master Tae Kwon Leep

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Judo would be good because you when your opponent is not balanced and which way to take them.  You can’t throw or toss if they are in good balance.  Football you can’t throw but you would be able to feel the weight shift and use that as leverage.

I trained a lot more in BJJ than Judo so I only know the basics of judo.

Like some others mentioned. Judo often has an a initial grab of the garment.Then feeling and looking for muscle tension and watching foot work to evaluate balance and technique. Just my 2 cents.

Of course and martial discipline teaches us something we can take away and use. But that is on the Teacher to highlight.
No reason players/fighters cannot improve something of their craft if a Good and proper Sensei  is Teaching.

You are certainly on point . Leverage and balance.footwork handwork. Focus discipline. 

mind set

Even mellow ole Tai Chi teaches us.

heck Pranayama baby ! Start there and see where it takes you 

No big news here.
Always seek to improve your being.

even the minor demon Bill  B knows that much

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Hapkido as well. Some of the Korean Tae Kwon Do masters I knew brought in Hapkido masters for training sometimes. 

what was your experience with them ?

16 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

what was your experience with them ?

I didn’t see them a lot, but always had good experiences. All of them were on visits from Korea so they spoke very little English.  They worked on a lot of grips, joint locks and moves where we would use our opponents momentum against them.  Makes sense since we were in a TKD school and it gave us a bit of a different flavor. They all had phenomenal hand strength and were excellent with them.

• Thank you (+1) 1