Pats* to hire taekwando instructor

There are all kinds of things to be learned by football players from experts in other disciplines.

I have often wondered why offensive linemen don't get a little crash course in sumo wrestling in training camp.

The things OL need to do all the time are what Sumo is all about.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

There are all kinds of things to be learned by football players from experts in other disciplines.

I have often wondered why offensive linemen don't get a little crash course in sumo wrestling in training camp.

a few players used to take ballet.  

maybe they think their guys can "fly" across the field. 

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Cause you have to hold on to your opponent to make that work.....  besides seeing the O line in depends would kill my love of the sport.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Didn't the Bills do a very similar thing a few years back?  I vaguely remember someone from this discipline coming into training camp to work on hand to hand combat in the hopes it would improve the Defensive Lineman's hand speed and strength. 

I'm pretty sure they had someone back in the Superbowl days.  I want to say it was a guy from a place near the corner of South Abbott and Armor Duells.

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've always though Sumo wrestlers could make good O-linemen. Not the big fat guys. Sumo actually comes in weight classes, but the technique is the same.

Sumo wrestlers have to keep their hands inside the opponents shoulders?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

a few players used to take ballet.  

maybe they think their guys can "fly" across the field. 

Insofar as I remember, OJ Simpson took ballet when he was playing for the Bills to help his balance.

He was such a natural athletic talent I'm not sure he really needed it.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tae Kwon Do is not the instructor you want you want teaching hand technique if your looking for a martial arts instructor.

Akido would be better

Was going to mention Aikido....it's all about balance and energy transfer, using your opponent's own energy against him to guide him where you want him to go.

Again, very useful stuff (perhaps) for an OL in pass blocking mode.