WR Russell Shepard released from Carolina; scheduled to meet with Bills

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

He was a QB in the wildcat his freshman year. He played WR/RB the next three years. 

He was recruited as a QB. He was one of the top recruits in the country. It wasn’t really the wildcat as much as he was a bad passer. He was a slash player that wasn’t a talented enough skill player to play ahead of others there. His LSU stats really don’t tell much of the story, good or bad.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was recruited as a QB. He was one of the top recruits in the country. It wasn’t really the wildcat as much as he was a bad passer. He was a slash player that wasn’t a talented enough skill player to play ahead of others there. His LSU stats really don’t tell much of the story, good or bad.

And he has been a WR for either 5 or 8 years now...

27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And he has been a WR for either 5 or 8 years now...

I am confused as to the point that you are trying to make? He isn’t a good receiver now and wasn’t when he became one. He’s a good athlete but that’s about it. I’m not even sure if we are in agreement or not. All that I was saying is his LSU stats are meaningless because he switched positions and tried to learn to be a slash guy. It makes no difference if the Bills bring him in or not. 

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am confused as to the point that you are trying to make? He isn’t a good receiver now and wasn’t when he became one. He’s a good athlete but that’s about it. I’m not even sure if we are in agreement or not. All that I was saying is his LSU stats are meaningless because he switched positions and tried to learn to be a slash guy. It makes no difference if the Bills bring him in or not. 

I get confused on here too. I think we agree - he is not a good WR and has enough time now to show that. Good athletic guy but about it. I am so used to hearing "MCD knows him so he must be legit, etc"

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I get confused on here too. I think we agree - he is not a good WR and has enough time now to show that. Good athletic guy but about it. I am so used to hearing "MCD knows him so he must be legit, etc"

No one said that because McD doesn’t know him. He only played in carolina 1 year, and that was last year.

no one has said he’s legit or that he’s, as you put it, the “answer to their WR woes”

we just predicted they would bring him in because 1) he’s a WR 2) he was decent in Tampa to the point where Carolina signed him in FA and Beane was still there when they did and 3) he is a very strong ST player which they require for depth players

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one said that because McD doesn’t know him. He only played in carolina 1 year, and that was last year.

no one has said he’s legit or that he’s, as you put it, the “answer to their WR woes”

we just predicted they would bring him in because 1) he’s a WR 2) he was decent in Tampa to the point where Carolina signed him in FA and Beane was still there when they did and 3) he is a very strong ST player which they require for depth players

I meant it more as sarcasm and a general mindset we see on here a lot. "Trust the process" and dont question or debate anything because the McBeane team knows whats going on. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He was also ST captain for two years in Tampa. McD sending the private jet.

Smh sad... this coaching staff love special teams & fullbacks...

Why not sign an extra punter & kicker for depth

On 5/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, BuffaloBill said:

His drop in production is concerning.  It’s not like Buffalo has been the land of turnaround stories for poorly performing WR’s.

Ah, but he's never played with AJ McCarron, two time national champion. 

27 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Smh sad... this coaching staff love special teams & fullbacks...

Why not sign an extra punter & kicker for depth

This coaching staff is one year in and has already made the playoffs.  I’ll refrain from head shaking at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, ScottLaw said:

Yes. No matter how much the guy blows.

Like I said. McBeane must love bad WR's.

I’m sure glad you’ve got your annual “reasons why they’ll suck” arsenal ready to roll...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Do the Bills receivers not suck? 

Benjamin doesn't suck.  I don't think Zay Jones sucks.  Kerley isn't trash.  Holmes made some plays a year ago.  The rest is unknown/unproven.  I think Proehl is going to surprise people.

Unlike you, I'm not going to trash what I don't know until I see them on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

A lot of these comments are the same comments said about Hyde, Poyer last year... now those people are singing a different song.

When will fans accept the fact the FO and these coaches know more than they do? He may be used in a totally different way than any other way he’s been used in his career.

Bring him in... If they all can agree on his role and all be positive that positive things can happen... then why shouldn’t I!!!

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On May 14, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Homey D. Clown said:

The last time I checked, Carolina hasn't really been the end-all place to pull talent from.

Don't tell that to McBeane...they're turning the Bills into Carolina North.