16 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Shirley you’re just joshing us.

4f6890e375464d50b17b0fe72b708fc8.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I still give credit to Rex Ryan for bringing in Tyrod. That would be my unpopular opinion. As much as I was glad to see Tyrod go, I still think it was a good move to bring him in. 

Tyrod wasn't that far off from being a decent starting QB and the next staff utilized him to saftey dance into the playoffs and got a 3rd rounder for him. I have to think that was a win for Rex Ryan. 

McDermott did would Rex couldn't even after trading away players and never made the bold playoff statement. So I would still say McDermott and Marrone are both more legit HCs. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like 1

he'd still have a job if he kept Schwartz

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Speaking of coaches.

I was at camp a few years ago, Chan Gailey was coach. Practice ended, I was standing at the south end of the practice field, watching a few players go through some extra drills. Gailey and a security guard came walking my way. It was just me, a couple other people, and a little kid....no one else. The little kid went up to Gailey, and asked for his autograph. Gailey refused, said he was busy & had to give a talk in one of the VIP tents, or something. Gailey was 2 feet from the kid, practically nobody else around. What a dixk. I should have said something, but didn't. I'm glad Gaileys gone.

Edited by reginald
  • Confused 1

Rex's truck sucked!  The wrap was cool but it still had the stock exhaust and was a short bed. 🤮

• Haha 1

I miss Rex as much as I miss my ex-wife. Unlike the Bills, I’m no longer paying for my mistake...

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

I also liked his truck..

onward with ‘the Process’..

giphy.gif

Edited by Ramza86
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'I Miss Rex'

Yeah, but my aim is getting better...

Winner

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

I also liked his truck..

I hated the Rex hire, hated him as a coach..... but I 100% agree - his pressers were fun.  Beane is quite interesting to listen to... he gives away little morsels of information.  McDermott gives you nothing.  I watch every week and each week it is 20 minutes of my life I never get back.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like 1

Please please please tell me you're trolling here.

side note question: I wasn't on this board during the Rex era... Was there the normal debate on this board where half the people like him and the other half don't? Like Tyrod/Whaley? or did everybody just hate Rex's guts as much as I did?

I also liked his truck..

I guess we all have to choose our priorities. 

Which would you prefer, Boring Bill*** at the mic and a perennial contender, or Rollicking Rex's mic magic leading a clown show?  If McDermott feels he needs to focus on football over presser entertainment, I'm all for giving it a try.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On Netflix isn't it?

Yep.  Seen it twice.  When I said "miss it"....wish it was still going.  But won't complain....it was an awesome show that actually had a good ending.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

You've got to be joking. His truck was ass-backwards with The Bills logo. It's emblematic for what he did to the franchise.

5ZVg3yz.jpg

Pretty symbolic of the Rex era. Everything was ass backwards. Thank God that clown is out of the building. He'll never coach again. He SUX.

I also liked his truck..

We won the offseason with Rex.

Yeah, I miss guys that ruin top 5 defenses, talk a big game, call plays late, blow play challenges, can't get personnel right, scapegoat OCs, run outdated schemes...

For all the off-season and mid week gold he brought us, he left us with just as much in game coal. 

Maybe he had a fun personality, and repped the city well, but I'll take a quiet, calculated, winning coach over him. Football may be entertainment, but I enjoy wins far more than I do interviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thZPYPNDFG.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

With the events of the last few weeks, you now have a final Jeopardy answer and question:

Answer:  Rex Ryan, Doug Whaley, Russ Brandon.

Question:  Who are three former professional football executives that no team will touch with a ten foot pole?

Apologies to Cliff Claven and the writers for 'Cheers'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Give credit where credit is due.

IMO, as the Bills HC he wasn't what he once was at the podium.  

There wasn't anything to miss.  What he was with the Jets, now that was fun.