I miss Rex.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

I also liked his truck..

onward with ‘the Process’..

We won the offseason with Rex.

Yeah, I miss guys that ruin top 5 defenses, talk a big game, call plays late, blow play challenges, can't get personnel right, scapegoat OCs, run outdated schemes...

For all the off-season and mid week gold he brought us, he left us with just as much in game coal. 

Maybe he had a fun personality, and repped the city well, but I'll take a quiet, calculated, winning coach over him. Football may be entertainment, but I enjoy wins far more than I do interviews.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the events of the last few weeks, you now have a final Jeopardy answer and question:

Answer:  Rex Ryan, Doug Whaley, Russ Brandon.

Question:  Who are three former professional football executives that no team will touch with a ten foot pole?

Apologies to Cliff Claven and the writers for 'Cheers'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Give credit where credit is due.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess we all have to choose our priorities. 

Which would you prefer, Boring Bill*** at the mic and a perennial contender, or Rollicking Rex's mic magic leading a clown show?  If McDermott feels he needs to focus on football over presser entertainment, I'm all for giving it a try.

I miss my daily Bills updates. That’s all. 

I think Mc/Beane will be here a long time and will with a winning formula. I just want more team info than beat writers scrounging up meaningless stories to fill bylines..

4 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

If he let Jim Schwartz run his defense the Bills would have made the playoffs his two seasons as coach and he would have been a hero in Buffalo.  His vision of having on bully on offense really worked.  The Bills had a top 10 offense in both points scored and yards those two years with Tyrod Taylor at QB.  The transition away from the 4-3 killed him.  

This is true . Plus the injuries we had were brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

clown car.jpg

The next time you come home,try to find a bit of time to drive by Depew HS.....the massive Wildcat is going on the wrong direction...just like the charging buffalo is on the rexmobile. Taxpayers are still pissed.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

The next time you come home,try to find a bit of time to drive by Depew HS.....the massive Wildcat is going on the wrong direction...just like the charging buffalo is on the rexmobile. Taxpayers are still pissed.

I'll do that.  Actually making plans for the late summer.

• Like (+1) 1