I miss Rex.

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

I also liked his truck..

onward with ‘the Process’..

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still doesn’t realize it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

I also liked his truck..

McDermott is focused on winning...say what you want about what you liked about Ryan but he won nothing here.  You know what I find as the best prime time entertainment, actually winning and being competitive.  I'm glad the leaks are over and everything we are doing isn't out for everyone to see.    

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

I also liked his truck..

Funny you bring this up...was just talking to a few other Bills fans about Chuck Knox, my favorite Bills coach of all time.  Chuck was everything that Rex wanted to be, minus the big mouth.  I loved Chuck Knox...Rex, not so much. Perhaps his years as the Jets head coach soured me on him, but I never really liked the guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I also liked his truck..

You've got to be joking. His truck was ass-backwards with The Bills logo. It's emblematic for what he did to the franchise.

5ZVg3yz.jpg

This is what it should have looked like:

74bb4103e0fee41a0e110d468b4bac5b.jpg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not even sure how to approach this thread.  i'm just going to leave.

This is just about my reaction. I had to click on the topic, just to see what was going on. 7/10 would recommend.  

With Rex we won the offseason.

With McD we won enough to make the playoffs.

I do wish there was more press, info, and video on what's been happening every day.

But I would rather wonder about a playoff team than know everything about a team mired in futility.

• Like (+1) 4

If he let Jim Schwartz run his defense the Bills would have made the playoffs his two seasons as coach and he would have been a hero in Buffalo.  His vision of having on bully on offense really worked.  The Bills had a top 10 offense in both points scored and yards those two years with Tyrod Taylor at QB.  The transition away from the 4-3 killed him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Funny you bring this up...was just talking to a few other Bills fans about Chuck Knox, my favorite Bills coach of all time.  Chuck was everything that Rex wanted to be, minus the big mouth.  I loved Chuck Knox...Rex, not so much. Perhaps his years as the Jets head coach soured me on him, but I never really liked the guy.

Hi BT! Long time no hear from! Loved me some Coach Knox too. Rex quickly grew thin on me, but I could count on seeing team updates every single day from him as well as injury status and I don’t appreciate the cloaking new staff keeping everything close to the vest. McDermott doesn’t even know player injury status from the game that just finished -or so he claims.. 

please post more.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hi BT! Long time no hear from! Loved me some Coach Knox too. Rex quickly grew thin on me, but I could count on seeing team updates every single day from him as well as injury status and I don’t appreciate the cloaking new staff keeping everything close to the vest. McDermott doesn’t even know player injury status from the game that just finished -or so he claims.. 

please post more.

We'll see more updates as OTA's continue and training camp starts. Really not much to update at this time. 

• Like (+1) 1