SCOTUS Rules Federal Ban on Sports Betting Unconstitutional

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Between legal pot and gambling revenues maybe they will fix the roads around here. ?

Good luck with that.

They will blow all the tax revenue in NYC on useless BS.

Just like CA, we should be trying to separate the state. Us rural folks literally and figuratively "pay the price" for the big city on the coast. 

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

NYS assembly and Guv are licking their chops right now.....Mmmmmmm tax revenue.

Legal pot, legal betting, all that's left are legal hookers. Woohoo!

6 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Good luck with that.

They will blow all the tax revenue in NYC on useless BS.

Just like CA, we should be trying to separate the state. Us rural folks literally and figuratively "pay the price" for the big city on the coast. 

I'm going to have to differ with you there. The simple reason is rural areas don't generate tax revenue like urban areas do. In fact I'd be willing to bet the opposite is true.

People in Buffalo like to think that they are supporting New York City with taxes. The fact is NYC carries the rest of the state.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to have to differ with you there. The simple reason is rural areas don't generate tax revenue like urban areas do. In fact I'd be willing to bet the opposite is true.

People in Buffalo like to think that they are supporting New York City with taxes. The fact is NYC carries the rest of the state.

Ah yes, the rural city of Buffalo. We just added a larger horse trough in the front of our general store. 

This is an exciting time. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's not so much to actual tax revenue and how it's appropriated as it is the laws that cost us more (higher taxes), and the allocation of federal tax money (since our state taxes are subsidized).

I'm not really talking about Buffalo either. I live in a town of 1200 with far more cows and cornfields than there are people and houses.

39 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Always remember...all Lottery revenue in NYS goes to the schools. I read that somewhere.

they get new chalkbrushes after billions are collected

• Like (+1) 1