More wins in 2018, Browns or Bills?

More wins in 2018? Browns or Bills?   

252 members have voted

1. 1. More wins in 2018?

• Browns
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 05:42 PM

24 minutes ago, teef said:

completely agree.  as mentioned a million times, he is fantastic with not turning the ball over.  it sure helps, but i don't think he'll ever have enough to elevate a team beyond that .  for a year for the browns it will work.  hell...it may not even be a year.  

I don't think it will be a full year myself. I think Mayfield will get the test run unless Tyrod really does have the Browns winning more then 6 games or Mayfield just isn't looking ready behind the scenes. 

47 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Passing on Chubb was a huge flub up IMO.    Look what the Chargers are doing with Ingram and Bosa, and now the Broncos with Miller and Chubb, and Cleveland didn't want Chubb and Garrett???  Ludicrous. 

I too would have taken Chubb, but its only a mistake if Ward doesnt pan out and Chubb does.  If they both turn out to be really good picks, then I dont think its a mistake at all by the Browns because they need help desperately in that secondary.  

Again, I liked Chubb more as a prospect, but if Ward pans out then I dont think they will regret it at all.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I too would have taken Chubb, but its only a mistake if Ward doesnt pan out and Chubb does.  If they both turn out to be really good picks, then I dont think its a mistake at all by the Browns because they need help desperately in that secondary.  

Again, I liked Chubb more as a prospect, but if Ward pans out then I dont think they will regret it at all.  

I just thought they could have gotten a cover corner that would have been adequate later on.   But They would not get a better pass rusher, IDK maybe the DE from Miami they took will turn out to be Calais Campbell or something.  

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I just thought they could have gotten a cover corner that would have been adequate later on.   But They would not get a better pass rusher, IDK maybe the DE from Miami they took will turn out to be Calais Campbell or something.  

I agree with you, I too would have done the same.  But I just meant if Ward turns into a very good corner, then it wont be a mistake IMO as their secondary is garbage and had some young talent already upfront.  

But again, I still take Chubb there too personally as I think he was a better prospect than Ward personally.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with you, I too would have done the same.  But I just meant if Ward turns into a very good corner, then it wont be a mistake IMO as their secondary is garbage and had some young talent already upfront.  

But again, I still take Chubb there too personally as I think he was a better prospect than Ward personally.

yeah, Dorsey probably trying to balance that defense out instead of going all pass rush.   I would love to know what offers he was getting from teams to move up to 4.  just to know what he turned down. 

Come on man. I wonder how many other playoff teams fans are wondering if they'll have a better record than the Clowns?  I think you might be stuck in drought thinking mode again.

did you by chance predict a 3 or 4 win season last year too?

Grass is always greener ...

Vegas has us at 6.5 and the Browns at 4.5 but they’re paying on the over and giving on the under for the Bills and vice versa Cleveland so they think it’ll be close as of today. 

That said, I don’t think the Browns get more than 5 wins, which would be a big accomplishment after going 0-16 and 1-15 back to back. Their division is too tough and they’re just not a good team no matter how much Bill Barnwell is hyping them...I think getting to 8 wins would put them at or near the top of NFL history in terms of one-season turnarounds? No way.

I think the Bills will win 9 games again. I also think this question is going to look ridiculous going into the bye.

6 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

We have a very solid run game though and that is what this team is, a run first team.  So many on here compare this team to other teams that pass the ball way more than us and compare the weapons.  We win by strong defense and a solid run game with a few plays here and there from the QB.  Once Allen develops, I think they expect and hope that will change but we have a roster that doesn't need the QB to win every game for us.  Last year was evidence of that.  I don't know what our record will be this year with such a big roster turnover again but I'm not going to go against this coaching staff who proved so many wrong last season.

We have one solid runner. Shady, if he can stay healthy all season. After that an end of career rental with unknown tread left on his wheels. TT helped with our run game and he is now a Brown. A terrible Oline and a horrible group of WRs. One proven good WR. One reliable TE in Clay,  if he can stay healthy. If Allen does actually develop, it will most likely affect the 2019 season, not this season. While we on paper should be better on defense, our offense is anemic. Most of our Offensive starters would be average backups on most of the better teams.

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Now now, let the doom and gloom fans have their moment.  Not picking the QB they wanted, and/or getting rid of Tyrod Taylor automatically makes us a 3-4 win team in their eyes.  I mean, it's not like our defense has improved from last year with free agent signings and the draft.  The idea of us winning a number of games based on defense first...you know, like last year...is just silly.  Our four games against the Jets and Dolphins alone should net us 3-4 wins.  Wait, wait...I forgot...the Jets' drafted a QB at 3, and that rookie will automatically make them a better team then us.

Also, remember that the TT fans will have Cleveland going 16-0 and winning the Super Bowl, because Tyrod is a god saddled with the Bills, who will show his true power with the Browns.  Because it's just that easy to go from 0-16 to contender.  It's not like they still have their same coach, or have so many new faces there's no cohesion there at all, something that will have to happen over time.  Wait...actually, that's exactly all true.

Lemmie sum up this thread..."I didn't like the moves the Bills made in the offseason, so they're automatically gonna drop from 9 wins to 3-4 wins.  If they had just listened to me..."  ?

...as for the post itself, I've said it before, Buffalo again goes 9-7 with a Wild Card birth.  As for the Browns, I think TT gets them to 5-6 wins at best.

I like you.

I have a feeling that once the Browns can Hue and hire a decent coach, they can pull a Rams-esque turnaround. That talent is undeniable, Garrett, Gordon, Landry, and so on. They need a coach to put it all together. 

This year, though, I see 6-10 for them and a cool 8-8 for us. 

43 minutes ago, simpleman said:

We have one solid runner. Shady, if he can stay healthy all season. After that an end of career rental with unknown tread left on his wheels. TT helped with our run game and he is now a Brown. A terrible Oline and a horrible group of WRs. One proven good WR. One reliable TE in Clay,  if he can stay healthy. If Allen does actually develop, it will most likely affect the 2019 season, not this season. While we on paper should be better on defense, our offense is anemic. Most of our Offensive starters would be average backups on most of the better teams.

The scheme is different and a lot of players on offense are different.  Poyer and Hyde were thought of as an overpaid weak safety group.  We don't know how these players will play in a new scheme, under a new offensive coordinator and a new starting QB. Players can step up.  Look at what Marquise Goodwin did last year in San Fran.  A different scheme and team helped him.  Complain all you want but nobody knows how this offense will be this year.

4 hours ago, teef said:

he's certainly better than what they had.  tyrod won't hurt them, and i think right now that's all the browns need.

i don't know enough about the rest of the team to make a prediction, but if the browns won 5-6 games, it's a step in the right direction.  technically, anything is a step in the right direction for them.  

Not sure if I recall correctly but weren’t they close in score in quite a few games?  

Nope I was wrong. Only 4 close losses.  2 in OT.  

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Unless the new Browns GM emerges from his coma and fires Hue Jidiot, there is zero chance that The Browns win  more games than the Bills.

This^.   Coaching matters, we should know that by now.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Unless the new Browns GM emerges from his coma and fires Hue Jidiot, there is zero chance that The Browns win  more games than the Bills.

The new GM wanted to fire Hue but the owner wouldn't allow it. If the Browns don't come close to meeting a rising expectation Dorsey will be selecting another coach for 2019. 

A more interesting question is how long before there is a clamor to replace TT with Baker Mayfield?

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2017/12/cleveland_browns_jimmy_haslam_hue_jackson.html

20 hours ago, JP's Voice said:

I don't get the notion that the Bills will only win 3 games. Defense improved on paper and offense stayed about the same (loss on O-line and improvement at QB). I think the Bills will be in the 7-10 win range and think the Browns will be in the 6-9 win range.

In an alternative universe your scenario might be true but in the one we inhabit, the defense has stayed about the same, and the offense has taken a major step backwards at QB and OL and done nothing to improve the sad situation at WR.  I'm sorry, but McCarron hasn't even made 100 passes in the NFL and no rookie QB can truly compete with a competent NFL starter, and unless Daboll is a miracle worker, the Bills offense will be "offensive" in 2018 will make 2017 look like a juggernaut.