Jordan Mills second team All-Pro?

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He’s terrible. Our pass blocking sucked regardless of statistics. Our run blocking mostly sucked, with Shady’s extraordinary skills overshadowing how lousy they were as evidenced by the amount of times he was tackled immediately for a loss or at the LOS. It wasn’t because he danced. He danced because there was NO place to go. 

Everything you said is accurate. But it doesn't help the running game when your passing game is less than mediocre. If the qb can quickly get rid of the ball and complete some passes it will help in the running game. I'm not just blaming the play of the qb. There is a consensus that our receiving corps is less than stellar. In general, starting with the OL there is a lot to work on before this unit can become better than average.  

I thought they meant "second team pro" as in a pro RT that is not good enough to normally be a starter.  However, he is not as horrible as he was the year before, so that's a plus.  Maybe he can develop into a decent RT with deficiencies an OC will have to game plan around.  Not every position on a team is a future All Pro.  Sometimes you have to settle for 2nd team All Pro.  

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was going to block the edge rusher but then I got high.

Going to pull to the second level but then I got high.

Been a turnstile my whole career, wanna know why?

Because I got high

Because I got high

Because I got hiiiiiiiiigh

Ba da da da da da

I was gonna try to block Joey Biceps but then I got High 

gonna crack him and pancake him too but then I got High 

Ive been a huge disappointment my whole career and I know why

why man?

Because I got High 

because I got High 

because I got hiiighhh

ba da da da da da ?

17 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Well he did grade out pretty well last season in run blocking, maybe that Chargers game was just a bad day at the office for him.

Only in an alternative universe.

Besides the Chargers game he is not as terrible overall as people claim him to be.  I would argue he could start on over half the leagues lines.  Glenn hardly played and

Dawkins stepped in perfectly for him.  Richie and wood hurts but both were nearing the end.  Bodine, Groy, Miller should fill those two positions and Tellar is a darkhouse to take over mid season.  Now its not the cowboys ala 2016 but its also better than Seattles.

16 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He’s terrible. Our pass blocking sucked regardless of statistics. Our run blocking mostly sucked, with Shady’s extraordinary skills overshadowing how lousy they were as evidenced by the amount of times he was tackled immediately for a loss or at the LOS. It wasn’t because he danced. He danced because there was NO place to go. 

Exactly.   I remember when McGahee was here, and the fans were on him because he "danced" at the LOS.  Then he went to Baltimore and later Denver where they had good/decent OLs, he stopped "dancing" and the hit the holes ... BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY EXISTED!!!!

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

He actually played decent. The zone blocking scheme masked a lot of his issues. He should be worse in the power blocking scheme but hopefully Mier and Groy are able to make up for the switch.

Exactly. The zone blocking scheme was better for Mills and Ducasse. The question was it the OL coach (who was hired before OC) decision or the OC who determined scheme and if it was the OC did the OL coach/run game coordinator tell OC about weakness in plan based on personnel? 

This would not have been an issue if coach McD did not dump OL coach and assistant OL coaches who did a good job with players.

[ yes I no not have FAITH in McD's ability to evaluate offense talent included coaches ]

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he was. The people who keep saying "we must replace Jordan Mills!" He was a slightly below average starting RT in 2017. He is possible to upgrade - certainly - but it isn't as easy as just find anyone.  I think the Bills live Conor McDermott as a developmental guy and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a push for the job.  But Mills while a below average starter was not a liability in 2017.  The line as a whole started slow and had two really bad games against the Jets and the Chargers on the road but did okay otherwise.  

The quality of OL play is at an all-time low in the NFL and there is a school of thought that only the truly gifted ones are any good until their 3rd or 4th season anymore.     The Bills seem to be of that mind with signings like Ducasse and Bodine and Newhouse.    It's before your time as a Bills fan but Glenn Parker used to be an absolutely awful OL for the 90's Bills.........famously body-slammed in camp by 6' 230# LB Damien Covington..........but about mid-career the light came on and he started playing well and finished his career an excellent OT with the Chiefs and Giants.   I think Mills is a guy they have been hoping would develop into a good OT.   They've had that luxury with Taylor dodging his misses but it's make or break for him now.   Contract year as well.   So if it's in him to become a quality player it will probably happen this year or never.

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

Exactly.   I remember when McGahee was here, and the fans were on him because he "danced" at the LOS.  Then he went to Baltimore and later Denver where they had good/decent OLs, he stopped "dancing" and the hit the holes ... BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY EXISTED!!!!

I loved mcgahee. Shame on you TBD sorry he danced his way to 3 straight 1000 yard season

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The quality of OL play is at an all-time low in the NFL and there is a school of thought that only the truly gifted ones are any good until their 3rd or 4th season anymore.     The Bills seem to be of that mind with signings like Ducasse and Bodine and Newhouse.    It's before your time as a Bills fan but Glenn Parker used to be an absolutely awful OL for the 90's Bills.........famously body-slammed in camp by 6' 230# LB Damien Covington..........but about mid-career the light came on and he started playing well and finished his career an excellent OT with the Chiefs and Giants.   I think Mills is a guy they have been hoping would develop into a good OT.   They've had that luxury with Taylor dodging his misses but it's make or break for him now.   Contract year as well.   So if it's in him to become a quality player it will probably happen this year or never.

I agree on the standard of OL play. Really isn't good and there is very little depth anywhere. Even the less bad lines are normally an injury away from a crisis. Not sure if the Bills see Mills as a development guy tho or just a guy who won't kill them most weeks. I think they hope McDermott will develop past him - he physically resembles some of the dumpster dive tackles the Panthers had. I think the key to the line this year though is can they find an interior combination of 3 guys that work together? 

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree on the standard of OL play. Really isn't good and there is very little depth anywhere. Even the less bad lines are normally an injury away from a crisis. Not sure if the Bills see Mills as a development guy tho or just a guy who won't kill them most weeks. I think they hope McDermott will develop past him - he physically resembles some of the dumpster dive tackles the Panthers had. I think the key to the line this year though is can they find an interior combination of 3 guys that work together? 

Funny you mention Panthers dumpster dive tackles because Jordan Mills is VERY similar to former Von-Miller-SB-turnstyle Mike Remmers..........who seems to have greatly redeemed his reputation in Minnesota.     Except Mills is younger with more career starts and probably more upside.    You know they love Conor McDermott though.........they kept him on the 53 man roster all season to protect him(reportedly from the Pats).    I am working under the assumption that Conor McDermott is the guy that Sean McDermott hopes wins the job.  

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Funny you mention Panthers dumpster dive tackles because Jordan Mills is VERY similar to former Von-Miller-SB-turnstyle Mike Remmers..........who seems to have greatly redeemed his reputation in Minnesota.     Except Mills is younger with more career starts and probably more upside.    You know they love Conor McDermott though.........they kept him on the 53 man roster all season to protect him(reportedly from the Pats).    I am working under the assumption that Conor McDermott is the guy that Sean McDermott hopes wins the job.  

He needed to get stronger and put on some muscle.  I hope that happened over the offseason.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:36 PM, Da webster guy said:

Well he did grade out pretty well last season in run blocking, maybe that Chargers game was just a bad day at the office for him.

He made a point to sabotage Peterman because he wanted Tyrod to start. Don’t know if it’s because Nathan was white, or if he was just a close buddy with Taylor. But it was very easy to see that he played bad on purpose.