Jordan Mills second team All-Pro?

2 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I think it’s just a sign of how bad offensive line play around the league is. 

This is true. There are definitely worse olinemen starting around the league. There are probably only a couple good olines in the NFL now.

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Note the publication.  I'm not sure what kind of pub "Pro Football Journal" is, and who does their rankings.

But actual "All-pro" status is a poll of sportswriters from major national publications and wire services.

Whatever "Pro Football Journal" may be, it is not that thing.

I don't want to crap on Mills, but that's just a weird listing of guys.  For example, look at the RBs they pick as 1st and 2nd team.

Kareem Hunt, Todd Gurley, and Le'veon Bell all had top rushing seasons for yards, OK, all on the list, fine. 

But then they skip two guys (our own LeSean McCoy, and N'orleans Mark Ingram) and pick Jordan Howard of Chicago.  Huh?

Couple more I could comment on like that without breaking a sweat.

Edit: here we go

" Pro Football Journal, A blag about mainstream and esoteric football topics."

Kinda looks like "just guys" writing it, one affiliated with a high school, the others no info on background.

So no, not "National Love"

Fair enough.  I have seen him play as well.  

8 hours ago, billspro said:

He was much better in 2017 compared to 2016. The Chargers game was pathetic though. Hopefully he improves again next year.

Yea he was. The people who keep saying "we must replace Jordan Mills!" He was a slightly below average starting RT in 2017. He is possible to upgrade - certainly - but it isn't as easy as just find anyone.  I think the Bills live Conor McDermott as a developmental guy and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a push for the job.  But Mills while a below average starter was not a liability in 2017.  The line as a whole started slow and had two really bad games against the Jets and the Chargers on the road but did okay otherwise.  

• Like (+1) 1