theRALPH RANT - Bills Select Josh Allen

15 hours ago, artmalibu said:

I just dont get how so many hate on him if they actually watched the games.  He had **** for opportunities and yet no one can show any video evidence that he has a drop issue.  But, will all bring up the pass at the end of the panthers game.

That was more of a "he ran the wrong route" issue than a drop issue.  But if you've watched much of last season, you know that Zay had plenty of drops.  Lets hope he is working correcting the issue right now.   

Nice job.   Good length.   Reasonable stuff to say.   Great video.   

You might think a little more about what to say about the video, and replay some of the video as you explain your points.    The plays were going by faster than you could say something meaningful. 

I like that your level-headed about this.   I like that you have solid basic knowledge plus you've dug and found some information not everyone might now.   I like how you show a lot of video from one game.    It doesn't fell cherry-picked.   

I like your tone.   You're good on camera, because, I suppose, you're a seasoned performer.   

Keep it up.   It's worth watching.

As for Allen, I always do this (get more excited from week to week about any big move the Bills make), but I'm really liking the Allen decision.  Picking a QB is a crapshoot, but ....   I watch your video and see one magnificent thrower.   As good a thrower as you'll ever see - accuracy, touch, arm strength.   He's the entire package.   At least on the video you show, I also agree with about accuracy.   There is no accuracy problem on display in those replays, and I'm guessing you're showing just about every throw he made.   Plus, he's smart, he's a hard-worker and he's an intense competitor.   I kept watching the video and wondering what the Browns, Jets and Broncos were thinking.   I think everyone is going to talking about Josh Allen, if not this season or next season, certainly by 2020.    

Thanks for the work.  

• Like (+1) 1

I mean when Allen was picked I was shocked because it seemed like a majority didn't think he was any good before the draft. I'm talking even before the leaked tweets. It kinda shocked me that Buffalo went with an unpopular pick, even after the tweets and knocks on him I seen floating around. 

Then I started to wonder why the pick was made and what the team saw in Allen. Why would Beane put his career on the line for this guy? I figured if it doesn't work out then yes, all those knocks before the draft and even the tweets will bubble back to the surface. 

So I did check out some YouTube video breakdowns of Allen. Kind of similar to this one. They all came to a sort of similar conclusions this one did. They all pointed me to plays that Allen can make. Sure they showed his bad plays as well, but when they did talk about his good play they gave high praise for the difficulty on certain plays. 

That gave me confidence in the pick. A QB with the size and athletic ability that probably needs to be coached up to avoid the mistakes. Sounds like a guy that can make all the big plays even if he did have bad plays. 

I like the pick a lot better today then when it happened but that is because I bought into the negative hype around him before the draft.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Awesome  stuff  dude! I thoroughly  enjoyed  that! Great  voice ,  good  analysis  and I loved the music .  Looking  forward  to  seeing  the  next  one ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, theRalph said:

That’s due in no small part to the changes in the Wyoming roster from 2016 to 2017. His line was completely changed and he had substandard receivers. At the “U”, this was not ever an issue...now or 30 yrs ago. 

You like to see guys elevate their level of play regardless of the supporting cast. Being unable to identify open parts of the field when the Mike is blitzing doesn't really have much to do with who is around you... Now or 30 years ago. 

14 hours ago, theRalph said:

Point taken...and thanks it is brand new. Ah...the glasses. Just trying to keep my true identity a secret ? 

We’ll take it under advisement?

I like the glasses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

That was more of a "he ran the wrong route" issue than a drop issue.  But if you've watched much of last season, you know that Zay had plenty of drops.  Lets hope he is working correcting the issue right now.   

Please support your claim!!! Many people say that but can not back it up with facts.    

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2017&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Clay  lead the team in Drops does he have bad hands??

There stats have Zay with 2 Drops!!!

5 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

You like to see guys elevate their level of play regardless of the supporting cast. Being unable to identify open parts of the field when the Mike is blitzing doesn't really have much to do with who is around you... Now or 30 years ago. 

Allen should be catching the balls that hit them right in the hands to!

Dont forget....A franchise QB doesnt need blocking he is supposed to be great anyway

7 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

That wasn't Allen's issue tho, identifying the coverage was never the issue. It was the supporting cast not recognizing the issues. Bad line reads means that blitzer is coming in free.

Inexperienced RB might not read eve blitz and leave the guy untouched.

Inexperienced WRs wouldn't think to pick apart the soft spot voided by the blitzing LB.

Same inexperienced WR may not run the correct right or run it on time causing an incomplete.

So, there is a lot to be stated about the massive turnover in talent from one year to the next. Not saying these are excuses, but if you want to evaluate someone's game, cant just look in a vacuum.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

We will either have the next J.P. Losman, or the next Jim Kelly.

I think the latter example will ring true.. ?

I hope so as well. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

That wasn't Allen's issue tho, identifying the coverage was never the issue. It was the supporting cast not recognizing the issues. Bad line reads means that blitzer is coming in free.

Inexperienced RB might not read eve blitz and leave the guy untouched.

Inexperienced WRs wouldn't think to pick apart the soft spot voided by the blitzing LB.

Same inexperienced WR may not run the correct right or run it on time causing an incomplete.

So, there is a lot to be stated about the massive turnover in talent from one year to the next. Not saying these are excuses, but if you want to evaluate someone's game, cant just look in a vacuum.

How is it not his issue? Just watch the games There is nothing in it for me to be negative on Allen when we talk about his flaws. He is my favorite QB in the league because he is my QB. However, I'm not going full homer mode. It's not my MO. 

https://www.diehards.com/national/film-room-josh-allen-good-bad-ugly-mysterious-nfl-draft-prospect

This is a phenomenal breakdown of him. 

"Allen makes some absurd decisions. There are throws that even Brett Favre thinks are a little too reckless. Arm arrogance rears its ugly head again. He releases throws super late, into double coverage, because, well, why not?"

In 2018, we have film as fans and we have people who can break it down for us. Use these resources. For every great play he makes, there are 5 that are... Well, yikes. 

Edited by Elite Poster

4 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Please support your claim!!! Many people say that but can not back it up with facts.    

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2017&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Clay  lead the team in Drops does he have bad hands??

There stats have Zay with 2 Drops!!!

All you gotta do is watch a few games last year to see he has catch problems.

drops is too subjective to be a stat IMHO. JUSt curious, what's the criteria for a "drop" in these stats?

Clay drops way too many passes too. 1/2 of Hotrod's picks last year bounced off of Clay's hands into a waiting DB's hands.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 5/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, Elite Poster said:

This argument is so bad can we please stop with it?

Kelly showed improvement each year of college finishing with over 60% his senior year. It was also 30 freaking years ago. Allen showed no improvement, for some, even a step back from his Junior to senior year. 

Give me a damn break. 

Guess I haven't been to active to see this argument, but I definitely understand. 

On 5/13/2018 at 11:20 AM, theRalph said:

Episode #1 of theRalphRant....brand new Bills Talk Show. theRalph discusses Josh Allen's selection by the Bills with the 7th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. 

https://youtu.be/VOBj9pnY9s0

Better quality directly on YOUTUBE...embedded version is really compressed 

Neat champion jersey on the right. Is that a stripped custom and vinyl logo placed on the front?