theRALPH RANT - Bills Select Josh Allen

20 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

I agree with him.. many want to talk about accuracy problems but have not seen the video evidence.   This guy showed just the opposite.  

The Zay haters will disappear once the season gets rolling too.......

Just a joke, fella.  I hope the young man plays lights out.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Only criticism is i'd cut down on the ending credits, make the transition speed around 15 seconds max.

True enough...but it’s my recording of the MNF theme (im a guitarist too) so I shamelessly left the whole song.

Just now, theRalph said:

True enough...but it’s my recording of the MNF theme (im a guitarist too) so I shamelessly left the whole song.

Ahh that's fine. The video was great though.

Also, one thing to consider about him being "inaccurate".  He had a better completion percentage, more TDs, higher QB rating, and only 160 less throwing yards than Jim Kelly in college.

Allen only played 26 games while Kelly played 44. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Just a joke, fella.  I hope the young man plays lights out.

I just dont get how so many hate on him if they actually watched the games.  He had **** for opportunities and yet no one can show any video evidence that he has a drop issue.  But, will all bring up the pass at the end of the panthers game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Also, one thing to consider about him being "inaccurate".  He had a better completion percentage, more TDs, higher QB rating, and only 160 less throwing yards than Jim Kelly in college.

Ya part of that is the change in the game from 25 yrs ago, but that's just partial. He passes the eyeball test. The guy can flat out throw. And he's not from a pass-happy shotgun offense with prime D1 players that smoke lesser DBs with 3 yds of sep.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The accuracy issue is a canard.

This is a breath of fresh air after all of the bs negative analysis and reporting.

It's neither BS nor fact. He had not thrown a single pass in the NFL. What we do know is he is lousy on simple throws, a lot. However, he also makes tremendous plays with athletic ability and attention to detail.

I don't get bothered when people are negative OR positive on him because they are providing insight for one reason or another. 

2 hours ago, gr8billsfan said:

Ahh that's fine. The video was great though.

This argument is so bad can we please stop with it?

Kelly showed improvement each year of college finishing with over 60% his senior year. It was also 30 freaking years ago. Allen showed no improvement, for some, even a step back from his Junior to senior year. 

Give me a damn break. 

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Allen showed no improvement, for some, even a step back from his Junior to senior year. 

That’s due in no small part to the changes in the Wyoming roster from 2016 to 2017. His line was completely changed and he had substandard receivers. At the “U”, this was not ever an issue...now or 30 yrs ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Good stuff. If this is a brand new effort you should be happy. The sunglasses are the only questionable call IMO ?

Point taken...and thanks it is brand new. Ah...the glasses. Just trying to keep my true identity a secret ? 

11 minutes ago, PIP said:

Why don't you get some pom-poms and give it a shot

We’ll take it under advisement?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

Point taken...and thanks it is brand new. Ah...the glasses. Just trying to keep my true identity a secret ? 

We’ll take it under advisement?

I really enjoyed the Allen breakdown.

Keep it up, I look forward to more solid analysis.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

It's neither BS nor fact. He had not thrown a single pass in the NFL. What we do know is he is lousy on simple throws, a lot. However, he also makes tremendous plays with athletic ability and attention to detail.

I don't get bothered when people are negative OR positive on him because they are providing insight for one reason or another. 

This argument is so bad can we please stop with it?

Kelly showed improvement each year of college finishing with over 60% his senior year. It was also 30 freaking years ago. Allen showed no improvement, for some, even a step back from his Junior to senior year. 

Give me a damn break. 

You gotta love how some get sooooo upset when their own opinions get explained away in a calm....but detailed...manner.

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

tenor of alto? Or bari?

Tenor and alto. Also some guitar and organ.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You gotta love how some get sooooo upset when their own opinions get explained away in a calm....but detailed...manner.

LOL

Precisely the impetus for creating the Rant!

7 hours ago, artmalibu said:

The Zay haters will disappear once the season gets rolling too.......

or it will get louder. It all depends on Mr. Jones.  This of course assumes he makes the team.

17 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Tenor and alto. Also some guitar and organ.

Nice. Any videos of the band online?