Still no cheerleaders for the Bills?

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Question: does anyone force cheerleaders into being cheerleaders?

Question: What does half-naked women dancing have anything to do with what is now a family sport?  There are many other ways to promote a sport that is watched by women and children as well...

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Question: What does half-naked women dancing have anything to do with what is now a family sport?  There are many other ways to promote a sport that is watched by women and children as well...

Look I don’t disagree. But let’s not pretend grown women who voluntarily choose to dance half naked on a sideline for s living are victims of objectification. They’re not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Nope, and people still love being cheerleaders. They want to be cheering and dancing. It's their passion.

You just can't have creepy dudes running the team. The dance team should be a contracted entertainment entity. If the owner doesn't want to pay for it, fine. But if they want it, they gotta pay for it.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd rather they hired a real dance team. 

So, at some point in the game, you're entertained by a quality dance routine. The position would be open to all dancers, not just women, obviously.

This would make more sense. I'd be fine with a dance team that is not just women and everyone is fully clothed.  Kids watch too.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Other leagues have dance teams/cheerleaders and I haven't heard of any major issues like the NFL has had.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Look I don’t disagree. But let’s not pretend grown women who voluntarily choose to dance half naked on a sideline for s living are victims of objectification. They’re not.

Didn't say that, I don't think they should be a part of this sport.  It's a family sport.  Women and kids watch.  Women can voluntarily dance half-naked somewhere else.  Why are they needed for a family sport?  Doesn't make any sense.  

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Other leagues have dance teams/cheerleaders and I haven't heard of any major issues like the NFL has had.

Fully clothed multi-gender dance teams should be welcome but do we really need half-naked women?  Why? That makes zero sense in today's world.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Didn't say that, I don't think they should be a part of this sport.  It's a family sport.  Women and kids watch.  Women can voluntarily dance half-naked somewhere else.  Why are they needed for a family sport?  Doesn't make any sense.  

No but some here have. Nothing worse than intellectually phony faux outrage.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

answer: damn, another good point! it never occurred to me that since women sign up for cheerleading, there's no way it can possibly be objectifying them.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Even women and kids like watching beautiful people dance, actually. That's why Dancing with the Stars is so popular. You think their main audience is men?

55 minutes ago, MC Hamburg said:

Im not clear why after all these years we still don't have a cheerleading squad...are we the only NFL team to not have them? I know there was a lawsuit of some sorts but isn't it settled by now?

Did you forget about the Jills already? I don't miss them. It adds nothing to my game experience. Not to mention it's a crap job for the cheerleaders. Let's move on 

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Even women and kids like watching beautiful people dance, actually. That's why Dancing with the Stars is so popular. You think their main audience is men?

You use people as if it is a mix of men and women.  It's not, it's just half-naked women. I stated that if they were fully clothed and it was multi-gender I wouldn't have a problem but we really need to have just half-naked women?  

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

You use people as if it is a mix of men and women.  It's not, it's just half-naked women. I stated that if they were fully clothed and it was multi-gender I wouldn't have a problem but we really need to have just half-naked women?  

I'm saying even women and kids like watching the beautiful women half naked and dancing. It's the truth.

Men being creepy about it is the problem.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

You still didn't answer why half-naked women are needed for a family sport.

it has something to do with progressives being hypocrites. or, maybe to spite faux intellectualism. the target is moving...

5 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

answer: damn, another good point! it never occurred to me that since women sign up for cheerleading, there's no way it can possibly be objectifying them.

I'm getting your virtue signal loud and clear.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm saying even women and kids like watching the beautiful women half naked and dancing. It's the truth.

Men being creepy about it is the problem.

That's the point...why do they need to be half-naked and only women.  It is directed towards men.  Not all men are creepy but nobody can deny that some are.  Having them is like waiting for something to go wrong and sure enough, problems have come up.  Have a dance team that is more directed to a family or don't have one at all.