Still no cheerleaders for the Bills?

I had a girlfriend that liked to go to the games to watch the cheerleaders, a friend of hers was on the squad and my GF appreciated the work and dedication that went into it since she was a cheerleader in HS and also did color-guard.  She felt that it was only fair that the guys had a little "eye candy" entertainment at the games since she liked looking at the players.   Just saying.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I don't know. This seems like a narrow minded point of view. I grew up with cheer leaders in sports. In fact cheer leading, in many ways is a sport too. The women who do it are very competitive and to simply look at it as "half naked women" is kind of a stereotypical point of view. To me, I think the overall assumption that the women who do this are somehow less than professional is biased and maybe a bit too political for my taste.  I'd like them come back and be out there cheering for our team. Too many fuddy dudies around trying to knock something just because they think that these women are somehow ruining the world view of what a woman should be. It's really a shame.

As for the original court filings that lead up to dis-banning the squad I really don't have an opinion because I don't know what actually happened.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope things can be worked out and they can eventually come back.  I also hope that the kids playing the drums can continue too.  It's entertaining and really that's all it should be about.

Why does the NFL hire them though?  If they are truly there for the entertainment of all of the fans, it wouldn't be just half-naked females.  It would be a multigender group of dancers that are there for there dance routines not to show off their bodies.  It just never made sense to me why they needed to be half-naked and only female.  If the league is truly trying to be a family sport, then it needs to be change IMO.

12 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Children like cheerbabes.....many a young man has enjoyed a Cheerbabe.....Many!

First off they are NOT half naked......they are covered.....dude - WTF - this isn't the Sundowner......the girls were covered, did they display a little cleavage well hello McFly of course they did....and as I said above many a young man has enjoyed watching the Jills.....an some of the older guys too......not a freaking crime.  Don't be such a prude - you are going to a football game not a church......you are more then welcome to attend a service of your choice instead of a football game with cheerbabes.  Sheesh - SMFH!

Oh the children - THE CHILDREN!!!!  OMFG COVER THEIR EYES!!!  Dude they will see MORE on ANY beach in the USA - quite obviously you have not been to a beach recently oh and they are family places too......sheesh - are you a catholic priest or something???  WTAF!!!

The NFL is a business on national television that pays them as entertainment.  A beach doesn't compare to this haha.  Thanks for your opinion though.

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Do the Rockettes have to wear pants now?  To your point of course....

I don't see the need for cheerleaders to wear what they wear.  It's not like all dance groups wear bikinis.  I just don't think it is necessary to have them be half-naked.  I've yet to hear a real explanation to why they need to be half-naked.  Also, I don't understand why they need to be all female.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, MC Hamburg said:

Im not clear why after all these years we still don't have a cheerleading squad...are we the only NFL team to not have them? I know there was a lawsuit of some sorts but isn't it settled by now?

Dont need or miss the Jills to be honest

Is there some sort asinine bet going on how long we can keep this topic alive that I'm unaware of? This is like the 4th thread this offseason talking about a cheerleading squad that has been gone for years and will not return. 

Maybe ESPN (the people who brought us Josh Rosen at Bills camp!) will create some form of RedZone Channel for cheerleaders? “Here in Dallas the gals have just begun their famous Jump and Jiggle routine!” It will be right between ESPNU and ESPN7 on your guide.  

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe ESPN (the people who brought us Josh Rosen at Bills camp!) will create some form of RedZone Channel for cheerleaders? “Here in Dallas the gals have just begun their famous Jump and Jiggle routine!” It will be right between ESPNU and ESPN7 on your guide.  

At least they rank ahead of "The Ocho".

5 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I think having cheerleaders is just a left over from a bygone era.  I think the justification for a lot of teams having them would sound something like; "because we always have had them".

There's still a lot of people kickin' around from that bygone era and I guess you could say I am one of them. 

To simply write it off like this is an over simplification and also a very one sided point of view.  No offense, but the women who grew up trying to make the cheerleader squads in high school and collage probably don't view it this way at all. To be given an opportunity to do it at NFL games is an honor.  Simply eliminating something because you don't agree with it is just wrong. Not everyone feels the same way.  This is the very same garbage we see in our modern political system.  I can absolutely understand that some don't like the idea of bringing back the cheerleaders but there many who do not feel that way.  The question then becomes are you willing to upset your neighbor simply because you don't want to see them on the field?

People today seem all too willing to step on their neighbor's toes to get what they want.  That bygone era seems a little more appealing to me. Damn, I am getting old.

Edited by Rockinon
misspelling

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

There's still a lot of people kickin' around from that bygone era and I guess you could say I am one of them. 

To simply write it off like this is an over simplification and also a very one sided point of view.  No offense, but the women who grew up trying to make the cheerleader squads in high school and collage probably don't view it this way at all. To be given an opportunity to do it at NFL games is an honor.  Simply eliminating something because you don't agree with it is just wrong. Not everyone feels the same way.  This is the very same garbage we see in our modern political system.  I can absolutely understand that some don't like the idea of bringing back the cheerleaders but there many who do not feel that way.  The question then becomes are you willing to upset your neighbor simply because you don't want to see them on the field?

People today seem all too willing to step on their neighbor's toes to get what they want.  That bygone era seems a little more appealing to me. Damn, I am getting old.

I think you missed the point of my post and possibly many others in this thread.  I'm not saying that I don't want the Bills or other teams not to have cheerleaders; I'm saying I don't care if they do or don't.  That's a choice to be made by each franchise.  I've been watching the Bills at the stadium and on TV since the middle 1970's so I'm probably as old or older than you and I can honestly say the lack of cheerleaders at the games has not effected my enjoyment of the games in the least.  I get that you want the cheerleaders to come back but it's not gonna happen.