Soul and science testing on Josh Allen

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Its good to check the boxes that can be checked in practice but certainly doesn’t mean you will succeed. I like to think that the odds of the guy that aces a test like this are a bit better than a dude that fails it though 

These are pro QBs. They can all throw the ball in shorts. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

After watching EJ ace his sports science breakdown, I can't look at these the same way again.  That stupid test made me think EJ was possibly the real deal.  Truth is, practice and dudes in your face are two completely different environments.

I do believe Allen was in the 99th percentile for all their metrics. EJ wasn’t close to that. I think he was 90 percentile for one metric.

43 minutes ago, billspro said:

I do believe Allen was in the 99th percentile for all their metrics. EJ wasn’t close to that. I think he was 90 percentile for one metric.

I agree. I think Allen has many more tools in his skillset for success than EJ has. Allen has better mobility, a better arm, better ability to throw on the run, better field vision and I believe, better accuracy. When we drafted EJ, I remember the Florida State fans being surprised and saying "Good luck with that!". Lets hope he is the real deal but they really need to fortify the offense around him. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FTLBillsfan said:

I have not seen this video posted here before, forgive me if it has been. This is some pretty neat stuff showing Allen with sensors in his shoes and wrist.

Some highlights were his quick release, compared to Brady. The velocity of the throw as it leaves his hand, fastest they ever tested. and his throwing on the run mechanics.

The neat part was the just for fun hit an 8 ft crossbar from 35 yards. I think he was the only one that hit it. 

I said right after the draft that While Rosen may have been the better QB at the time Allen is the better fit for the Bills and the more stuff I watch about his upbringing and such the more I believe he will do very well here.

If he makes it that "jump man" like image might become an iconic marketing silhouette...........if he doesn't.........it will at least be funny.    

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

this is a response to anyone who responded something similar to you vrigil, not just you.  I just don’t understand how this could be a negative thing other than an EGO hit because you were typing on a message board that “X” player is good or bad and now you’re wrong

I could be mistaken, or projecting my own beliefs onto him, but I don't think Virgil was intending to be saying Allen is bad (at least not his point here)

I think his intent - certainly mine - was more to comment on the value of the Soul Science clip, as not being any sort of realistic measure for on field performance.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken, or projecting my own beliefs onto him, but I don't think Virgil was intending to be saying Allen is bad (at least not his point here)

I think his intent - certainly mine - was more to comment on the value of the Soul Science clip, as not being any sort of realistic measure for on field performance.

Ok then, I’m calling you out for your comment!!

? kidding

the show doesn’t tell us anything but josh allen has one of the best arms in the history of the world. 

• Like (+1) 1