In No Order:

Trading Dareus in the middle of the year

Giving up what we did for Watkins

Drafting McGahee

Hiring Chan Gailey

Drafting Spiller

Developing Jason Peters and not retaining him

Multiple extensions to Chris Kelsey

That Kelsey time frame, they were in love with small defensive players.  We were getting killed with our run defense and they kept drafting LB's sized DL players and safety sized LB's.  I think Maybin happened then as well.  Peters was talented and we developed him from nothing but he was a turd.  He also gave up a ton of sacks and it seemed almost  completely because he gave up on plays.

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll throw another one out there, not paying Jason Peters. He was a young star at a premium position. That’s the exact kind of guy that you throw money at. It was a stupid decision to play hardball with him.

Not paying Peters was a bad move.  

Giving up a home game to Toronto. 

Trading Lamonica for Flores.  Lamonica obviously had years of great play ahead of him, and Flores was washed up.  (If you don't know who these guys are, you missed some great Bills teams.)

Trading Cookie Gilchrist to the Broncos.

Trading Ron McDole to the Redskins.

Hiring John Rauch. Hiring Wrecks and letting him destroy Schwartz's great defense.  Hiring Marv Levy as GM. 

Most important, letting Littman call too many shots.  The cheapskate Bills would not compete for talent with the deep-pocket teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

losing the first superbowl...then the second, third and fourth. have to say it pissed me off and even to this day I'm pissed that marv was inept (poor decision making on his part) to the importance of discipline and did not restrict the players from boozing it up for two weeks leading up to the game(s).

hopefully, although I believe, McD wont have any of that and since he was the coach who broke the streak, maybe he can also beak the sb loss streak and keep them disciplined enough to be able to hoist up the lombardi in the near future?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Here are more:

Firing Bill Polian because he wouldn't be pushed around by Ralph's daughter.

Firing John Butler for no apparent reason.

Bad drafts are too easy a target, but some were so stupid they stand out.  Drafting Al Cowlings in the first round so OJ would have his buddy to hang out with.  Aaron Maybin -- seriously, what were they thinking?  Trading two firsts and a fourth for Sammy Watkins, when we didn't have a QB to throw to him. 

Treating Lou Saban like crap, twice.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

losing the first superbowl...then the second, third and fourth. have to say it pissed me off and even to this day I'm pissed that marv was inept (poor decision making on his part) to the importance of discipline and did not restrict the players from boozing it up for two weeks leading up to the game(s).

hopefully, although I believe, McD wont have any of that and since he was the coach who broke the streak, maybe he can also beak the sb loss streak and keep them disciplined enough to be able to hoist up the lombardi in the near future?

There was only one week between the playoffs and the SB against the Giants.  Maybe if there had been two weeks like there had been before, the Bills would have gotten the partying out of their system and buckled down.

Whitner over Ngata

Maybin over Orakpo

Not trying to kick it out of the endzone against Tennessee

Trading instead of paying Jason Peters

Not hiring Jim Schwartz in favor of Rex

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

With Flutie I think the game would have been in hand and the illegal forward pass TD would have never been a posibility.

No way, they would have outright lost the game if Flutie had started.

• Like (+1) 1

Watkins trade was the most recent of many.

Just an awful decision and a garbage return...........he and Tyrod were clicking.

With the possible exception of OBJ,  Watkins is the best deep ball tracking WR in the NFL.....he catches them with the same ease as a short throw......no slowing down or leaving his feet to simply catch the ball.     Basically the ideal WR to matchup with young QB's Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen.    IDEAL.

Got extremely lucky in 2017 and broke the drought without him but it was one of the least watchable seasons of that time period......mostly due to the worst WR corps in team history.    It was ghastly and looks no better on paper right now despite trading similar draft capital to acquire Kelvin Benjamin........whose November arrival proved too little/too late for helping the pass game.

People who say "they weren't going to re-sign Watkins" are likely wrong........they likely would have.......and had the franchise tag at their disposal.     He liked Buffalo he had just gotten soured a bit by the environment and they should have let Bolden work with him for more than 2 days before trading him.

The incoming WR talent has dried up since the 2014 draft and the Bills are feeling that crunch.  

The upside is,  as Belichick would say,  you almost have to be constantly making mistakes in the NFL to remain uncompetitive.

Even 50% bad decisions shouldn't keep you from still being in contention for a wildcard in December.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here's another:  Letting Jim Kelly take a call from the USFL in the Bills office, when he was ready to sign as a rookie.  He ended up spending a couple of years in the USFL instead of with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

My personal favorite: letting a not fully healed Jim Kelly start in the AFC Championship game at Miami over Frank Reich back in Jan of 1993.  Yes, we won the game and went on to our 3rd Super Bowl but Kelly threw a couple of INTs and looked rusty.  Frank was on a roll after the Oilers comeback and winning on the road at Pittsburgh.  Not only would Frank have beaten Miami, I think he would've done good against Dallas.

• Haha (+1) 1