Which Bills Decision Infuriated You?

As a Bills fans there’s many decisions that likely have made you pull out your hair, or slam your fist down in anger....or at least shake your head.  With the Josh Allen over Josh Rosen debate fresh on our minds, this is thread is dedicated to those times when the Bills have disappointed you with a key decision.

Heres a few from me and most have to do with coaches.

I remember really being sketical when Ralph Wilson made a statement by firing Tom Donahue, only to bring Marv on board as GM.  But like many, I said I’d give it a chance.  Then they hired Dick Jauron as HC.  I remember complaining on the BBMB that Ralph was being a “cheapskate” with his hires.  Of course I got banned from a mod named “nuebs”. I remember reading the old emails a few months ago.

Again I was really mad a few years later for almost the same reason.  Buddy Nix was named GM and again there was a coaching vacancy.  Names like Shannahan and Cowher were tossed around.  And then I was sitting in an auto shop getting my car fixed and a bunch of salesman were talking.  I heard one of them say “they are saying the Bills will hire Chan Gailey” who at the time was out of football.  It was almost like in Star Trek, but instead of saying “Kahhhhhhhhhhhn,” I dropped to my knees and said “Nooooooooooooooo.”  In the end, I think things could have worked out with Chan if a few things were different.

Those are my choices - let’s hear your’s......

Right now its the entire Richie Incognito situation

This can be worked out. placing all the blame on Richie is a big mistake.

Like I always say, if the situation makes no sense there is always more to the story.

The Bills are not completely blameless

Edited by THE SLAMMER
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie for the Tennessee playoff game.

Not sure I understand this one.  Maybe you meant starting Johnson over Flutie in general but in this instance when Rob Johnson walked off the field for the last time that day he was ahead.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Not sure I understand this one.  Maybe you meant starting Johnson over Flutie in general but in this instance when Rob Johnson walked off the field for the last time that day he was ahead.

With Flutie I think the game would have been in hand and the illegal forward pass TD would have never been a posibility.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie for the Tennessee playoff game.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rex ruining a great defense 

These are both good ones because they didn’t make sense at the time. These weren’t bad decisions in hindsight; they were bad decisions immediately. 

I’ll throw another one out there, not paying Jason Peters. He was a young star at a premium position. That’s the exact kind of guy that you throw money at. It was a stupid decision to play hardball with him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 11

At the time, I was INFURIATED that they traded away Sammy Watkins.

I was always a big fan of his and felt that the Bills had misused him and saddled him with awful QB and awful offensive playcalling from day one. In my opinion, he had -- and still has -- the talent and work ethic to be the best receiver in the league. Aside from his health, he keeps being the victim of terrible situations. Even in LA last year, he arrived late enough that Woods and Kupp had already established a rapport with Goff. Watkins never seemed to be more than the third option or deep threat decoy in their passing game. I still feel that he's one of the most physically talented WRs I've ever seen.

That being said, I've gotten over it. Watkins probably would've walked anyway, so getting a 2nd round pick and a year of Gaines was a win. Also, seeing Sammy's daily lunatic rantings on Twitter about being a solar reptilian being make me feel better about the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

lol you don't know that

I mean...he DID say "I think", not "I know for a fact!".

• Like (+1) 6

Without question letting Jason Peters get away, yet another bungled job by Russ Brandon. Yes, I know we received a 1st and a 3rd from the Eagles which turned into Eric Wood. But no great organization lets a future Hall of Fame get away. Pay the man and get on with it. 

• Like (+1) 4

I lost it when Brandon got "fired" as gm, everyone took a half step to the left, and they "hired" buddy nix.

That was when I knew the bills would never again be respectable while Ralph Wilson was the owner... but also knew that him not being the owner would likely mean the Toronto Bills.  Just a miserable existence 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to go over the heads of any individual.  Over the players, over the coaches, even owners and just say as a group or team it infuriates me that they just don't ever recognize and collectively just fix what's wrong.  By that I mean each year you can pretty much put a finger on one area or part that isn't working and seemingly every year instead of just fixing the part that wasn't working they completely retool or tear apart what was working.  The last time we had an offense that could outscore you and a defense that would sack you, cause turnovers, and keep you from scoring at the same time was back in the 90's.  Now I know that everyone is trying to do that and I get it that it can't happen every year but it's been 20 years. When Chan was here they just needed a DC.  When Rex was here oddly enough they just needed a DC.  Seemingly now they need an OC hopefully Daboll is that OC but that remains to be seen, he wouldn't have been my pick.  Marrone might have actually been building in the right direction with Hacket and Scwhartz, if you look at the Jags, but he wanted out.  I just can't believe in 20 years they can't get it collectively together.

• Like (+1) 2

In No Order:

Trading Dareus in the middle of the year

Giving up what we did for Watkins

Drafting McGahee

Hiring Chan Gailey

Drafting Spiller

Developing Jason Peters and not retaining him

Multiple extensions to Chris Kelsey

• Like (+1) 3