Cole Beasley is a rapper who happens to play football

This is generally the part where I say that I don’t care for most rap music. However, with Beasley being a Texas guy playing for the Cowboys, I’m really happy this isn’t a country record. Considering the joke that is modern pop country, he’d probably fly right up to the top of the country charts.  This would only further cement the popularity of the Cowboys. So I’m thankful for that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Whenever someone is making music that is real and about their life, I can respect that. This was not bad for me though I generally dislike rap.

3 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This is generally the part where I say that I don’t care for most rap music. However, with Beasley being a Texas guy playing for the Cowboys, I’m really happy this isn’t a country record. Considering the joke that is modern pop country, he’d probably fly right up to the top of the country charts.  This would only further cement the popularity of the Cowboys. So I’m thankful for that. 

New country too... Both rap and country these days would be much better if they wrote songs about their life, as opposed to what they want you to think their life is like.

Fake ass country boys and gangstas alike will fade into obscurity. People will listen to Hank Williams and Tupac Shakur forever.

• Like (+1) 2

god damn i miss merle, waylon, hank and john.

rap is also terrible, though.  in fact, much worse.

• Like (+1) 1

Considering the joke that is modern pop country,

If it's a joke, it sure as hell ain't funny... I know there's classic rock stations all over the USA... I've never seen a classic country station publicized... Might be a nice change of pace.

20 minutes ago, #34fan said:

If it's a joke, it sure as hell ain't funny... I know there's classic rock stations all over the USA... I've never seen a classic country station publicized... Might be a nice change of pace.

There are 4 in my neck of the woods. 98.1 classic country out of VA is amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't hate ALL rap... But somewhere in the early 2000's rap took a bad turn and just kept going.

Now, it's mostly vile... Beasley seems to be actually talking about something in his music... Though I couldn't tell you what. :lol:

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't forget the possum

classic rock and classic country. I just can not tolerate rap

to each their own

Never a big fan of his; two good songs at best.

Kris Kristofferson was far better.

One of the most haunting melodies to a song is lefty frizzel and Shelly west you're the reason good made Oklahoma.

Edited by Boyst62

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Never a big fan of his; two good songs at best.

Kris Kristofferson was far better.

One of the most haunting melodies to a song is lefty frizzel and Shelly west you're the reason good made Oklahoma.

:w00t: LEG-END!.... First country star to be videotaped getting an epic DUI... Known for no-showing concerts and driving drunk on a lawn mower! -Cuckolder of Don Chapel... I swear when I was a kid I saw video of him drunk riding a lawn mower... Musta been something else... Still a legend, IMO.

Never be another like him. R.I.P.

And yes, I love classic Tammy Wynette as well.

Edited by #34fan

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

:w00t: LEG-END!.... First country star to be videotaped getting an epic DUI... Known for no-showing concerts and driving drunk on a lawn mower! -Cuckolder of Don Chapel... I swear when I was a kid I saw video of him drunk riding a lawn mower... Musta been something else... Still a legend, IMO.

Never be another like him. R.I.P.

And yes, I love classic Tammy Wynette as well.

All of those classic sounds; if you like Willies Roadhouse you'd love classic country 98 - http://www.classiccountry98.com

It is the only FM station I'll listen to and they do a song of the mountains which is broadcast on PBS all over the country. 

I missed the chance to see Kris a few weeks ago at Merlefest because it was a Thursday night but I did end up going for the weekend.  Love some of that Americana sound

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Love some of that Americana sound

We are in rare agreement... Modern country leans more and more towards urban rap every day... Hard to say how that's going to end up.