My apologies/ I DID NOT mean to Disrespect Jim Kelly!!!!

The initial infraction is mostly meh in my book. A public figure with his own human faults and frailties is not above ridicule, however callous the offense, or vulnerable the target. 

But a mea culpa shows integrity, nonetheless. 

It's all good, or none of it matters anyway, or whatever.

46 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Why is this a thread lol

Because the guy screwed up and he feels bad for accidentally disrespecting Jimbo.

No Bills fan wants to do that.  No Bills fan wants other Bills fans to think he disrespected Jimbo.

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Totally understand. I had a very similar thing happen with my mother-in-law. I meant to text: "thanks for stopping by," and accidentally sent, "stop trying to ruin our lives, you miserable hag." Could happen to anyone.

I nominate this for Post of the Year ... I'm still laughing.

• Haha (+1) 1

buffalo boy -  you are too hard on yourself.  You’ve made more than enough thoughtful comments on JK.  Forget about it.  I know I already have done so.

if every one of us apologized for every dumb comment on this board, we’d all apologize forever.   Not a big deal.  The fact that you apologized publicly is admirable.

we all love Jimbo.  Hence my handle.  Now have a nice Mother’s Day with you’re family.  That’s an order.

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

Because the guy screwed up and he feels bad for accidentally disrespecting Jimbo.

No Bills fan wants to do that.  No Bills fan wants other Bills fans to think he disrespected Jimbo.

we aren't all lemmings.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Because people need validation.

basically.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Actually , think it was from something I tried to share into the “ Flank Steak vs Prime Rib” thread days earlier and somehow it stayed in this iPhone program.

I was mortified when I saw that is what got shared. 

please apologize to prime rib as well.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I haven’t been on here since and I got some truly hateful PMs which would be deserved if I had intentionally done that. 

So you posted that and never re-read your post?   I quickly review all my posts for stuff like typos and missing words.  That's why people are skeptical about your apology in that thread.

To be clear, you deserve every nasty PM you got because you posted it and let it sit out there for 10 hours

What we should have seen:

Posted Friday at 02:51 PM  (edited) 

Edited 1 minute ago by Buffalo Boy    <---- THIS

Not

Edited 10  hours ago by Buffalo Boy

3 minutes ago, napmaster said:

To be clear, you deserve every nasty PM you got because you posted it and let it sit out there for 10 hours

What we should have seen:

Edited 1 minute ago by Buffalo Boy    <---- THIS

Not

Edited 10  hours ago by Buffalo Boy

the evidence is incontrovertible.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Say 15 Our Fathers, 10 Glory Be’s and pray Allen throws 5 successful Hail Mary’s* for your penance ?

we are all good man ?

FIFY 

(*Preferably to advance us in playoffs)

30 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Can we get a ruling on whether this needed a new thread, and if so what board it should be on

?

I think we should have a new thread about that

53 minutes ago, 87168 said:

we aren't all lemmings.

Empathy, dude. 

If I posted something awful I didn't intend, left it there because <LIFE>, and my messages filled up with hate mail I saw the point of, I'd be freaked out and maybe wanting to make some public gesture of atonement.  I think it's a bit over the top, but I respect the guy's feelings.

• Like (+1) 1

Normally I join in and harass in this type of time but come on guys and gals. He realized his mistake and apologizes yet you berate him? Don't be cold. I've seen so much in this generation that get pushed to self harm in one way or another. We so often look at teens that kill themselves or harm themselves because of internet bullying. It is obvious that others have seen it and PM'd him because of this. He showed himself a man and dealt with it. Easy enough to mistakenly paste as he did. All I ask is you lay off a bit. If you need to continue bring it at me for coming to his defense. BTW @Buffalo Boy, Thanks

One of my favorite pieces in my man cave (which I’ve since misplaced in a move) was a framed editorial cartoon from the Democrat and Chronicle in which Frank Reich is hiding Jim Kelly’s knee brace. More than a few visitors question it as if it was a slam on Jim Kelly. 

I think OP should apologize for apologizing. If Jim Kelly himself saw it I seriously doubt he'd give a ****. Why do you care if a few overgrown children on a message board get sanctimonious over some perceived "disrespect" of their hero? 

I found the groveling much more uncomfortable. Next time start an F U thread instead. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

He realized his mistake and apologizes yet you berate him? Don't be cold.

I appreciate where you are coming from.

My issue is you never say you don't deserve the backlash you get for a mistake you've made.  Apologize, say you understand and deserve what you got, and hope the apology is accepted.   The whole "hateful PMs weren't deserved because I didn't do it on purpose" crap gives me pause.  The OP in effect tried to oddly make himself into a victim in this, so a little berating is well deserved.