Anchor Bar coming to NYC!!

GG

20 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I live in Virginia about an hour north of Richmond, and by the time I found out there was an Anchor Bar, I then found out it was closing.  I missed that short window I guess.  Disappointing too because I wanted to go to one in Buffalo back in 2013 (season opener against NE), the last time I was there, and the wait was 1.5 hours.  So my wife and I left, and tried to find a Duffs (because I’ve heard of them).  We walked in and went to the restroom, and there was a leak from the ceilings, so we left.  Seemed kind of dirty.

Don't feel bad, we live on the SE side of Richmond, and you didn't miss anything.at the Richmond place.

The NYC store is not off to a good start either.  Can you imagine the Anchor Bar "running out of" wings??

52 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Don't feel bad, we live on the SE side of Richmond, and you didn't miss anything.at the Richmond place.

The NYC store is not off to a good start either.  Can you imagine the Anchor Bar "running out of" wings??

From what I’ve read, the Richmond location was terrible.  My brother lives near Short Pump, so I was thinking of going down and swinging by anchor bar since I’d be close.  Oh well.  

42 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

From what I’ve read, the Richmond location was terrible.  My brother lives near Short Pump, so I was thinking of going down and swinging by anchor bar since I’d be close.  Oh well.  

IF they would have had the sense to put it out in the West End, maybe it would still be here?  On the other hand, the service was soooo bad, maybe not!

Maybe Anchor is not a good franchise concept?  There's just so much you can do with a chicken wing.  I'm not putting them down BUT Richmond and Chicken Wings don't seem to connect.

On 5/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, Gugny said:

Anchor Bar is a great, "hey, I've been there!" place.  But their wings are very good, at best.  I can get better in Glens Falls.

I feel the Anchor Bar kinda sold it's soul when they remodeled. That location had such great character before.  

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

IF they would have had the sense to put it out in the West End, maybe it would still be here?  On the other hand, the service was soooo bad, maybe not!

Maybe Anchor is not a good franchise concept?  There's just so much you can do with a chicken wing.  I'm not putting them down BUT Richmond and Chicken Wings don't seem to connect.

Service was absolutely fine after the first coupe of weeks...  it that perception lives on forever on the internets... do a freaking soft opening !!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Service was absolutely fine after the first coupe of weeks...  it that perception lives on forever on the internets... do a freaking soft opening !!!!!!!

NOT doing a soft opening is asking for trouble, and they got it from the sounds of things. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

The soft opening may have helped BUT the location was just plain bad!

On 5/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, rochester rob said:

The Rochester location closed after about a year. Duffs is still going as far as I know.  Duffs were better than anchor but still not the best in the area.

Where is the best? We went to Bar Bill in East Aurora last fall when in town it was fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, rochester rob said:

Bar Bill is fantastic . In Rochester Duffs runs second to Jeremiahs Tavern . 

There’s a Duffs about 45 minutes from me SW of Atlanta. It’s going to happen soon for lunch, hopefully this week. I loved the wings, but back in the day we went there mostly for the pitchers. It’s too far to Uber.....

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

There’s a Duffs about 45 minutes from me SW of Atlanta. It’s going to happen soon for lunch, hopefully this week. I loved the wings, but back in the day we went there mostly for the pitchers. It’s too far to Uber.....

The Duffs in the Eastern Hilla mall in williamsville sells a brick oven pizza now

its fantastic 

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Duffs in the Eastern Hilla mall in williamsville sells a brick oven pizza now

its fantastic 

I will wear my fat pants and keep that in mind! 

I spent many an hour wandering that mall as a kid. I saw a Spencers Gifts in a mall near me recently......and was drawn in like a moth to light. I had no idea they still existed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I will wear my fat pants and keep that in mind! 

I spent many an hour wandering that mall as a kid. I saw a Spencers Gifts in a mall near me recently......and was drawn in like a moth to light. I had no idea they still existed. 

Hahahah Spencers and all their oddities lmao I remember I bought my friend a sex doll there for his birthday ? 

either way the brick oven pizza was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it when you’re back

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hahahah Spencers and all their oddities lmao I remember I bought my friend a sex doll there for his birthday ? 

either way the brick oven pizza was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it when you’re back

I plan/pray to be back for the opener, and I’ll keep sex dolls...err,  brick oven pizza sounds great!