Bills' Twitter Trolls ESPN for the Wrong Josh Graphic

good editing in journalism is dead.  they just want to get something up on the feed.  they don't care if its accurate.

Not just ESPN, its WaPo, NYT, almost any online news source ... constantly using incorrect grammar, misspelling words, not matching graphics to text, etc.

garbage.

and no, I didn't bother editing the above, why should I?  the "pros" don't.

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

ESPN has expressed concern about Josh Allen's passing accuracy.  Buffalo Bills expressed concern about ESPN's "Josh" accuracy.

Understand the ESPN accuracy bit.  Did ESPN post a pic of Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen under a Bills tagline or something?

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

you seriously don't get the context? getting ESPN or not should have nothing to do with understanding here.

can i merge your response with your original post?????

You're just a helpful little chap, aren't you.

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i try...

look at the red underlined words......

DdAIyMYUwAAuxFg.jpg

The jpg you attempted to embed shows to me as: 

DdAlyMYUwAAuXFg.jpg

Ditto the link in 26CB's OP. 

Since there aren't any pictures or words, there aren't any red underlined words.

I can see I need to check out this board using a different operating system to see if an actual picture with self explanatory humor would come through.

Edit: done.  See it now.

One does wonder why a helpful sentence like "ESPN showed a pic of Josh Allen over a Bills logo, with banner text proclaiming 'Josh Rosen practices at Bills Minicamp" would have been beyond the abilities of you gents to craft.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

DdAlyMYUwAAuXFg.jpg

Since there aren't any pictures or words, there aren't any red underlined words.

I can see I need to check out this board using a different operating system to see if an actual picture with self explanatory humor would come through.

One does wonder why a helpful sentence like "ESPN showed a pic of Josh Allen over a Bills logo, with banner text proclaiming 'Josh Rosen practices at Bills Minicamp" would have been beyond the abilities of you gents to craft.

I agree. Shame on you quick witted whippersnappers with your pictures that provide context! And turn down that music!

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

... One does wonder why a helpful sentence like "ESPN showed a pic of Josh Allen over a Bills logo, with banner text proclaiming 'Josh Rosen practices at Bills Minicamp" would have been beyond the abilities of you gents to craft.

this is, afterall, the internet.

big girl panties are required...

would you like me to have a word with Al Gore??

Edited by Foxx
text was tiny and difficult to read
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

this is, afterall, the internet.

big girl panties are required...

would you like me to have a word with Al Gore??

Think I rest my case here. 

27 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I agree. Shame on you quick witted whippersnappers with your pictures that provide context! And turn down that music!

And here too.

I mean, no one likes a suck-up, but when there's obviously some kind of an information gap, you can be helpful or you can whip out your snark and wave it around wildly, filled with the sublime confidence that we all want to see just what you've got.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Think I rest my case here. 

And here too

excuse me..... wtf did you edit my post?? i am able to post small text as that feature is enabled. 

you are overstepping your authority.

wow!

ETA: i changed it back, leave my **** alone.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

DdAlyMYUwAAuXFg.jpg

Well, you also didn't explain that you couldn't see the photo until later. This is what we call a misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, you also didn't explain that you couldn't see the photo until later. This is what we call a misunderstanding.

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

excuse me..... wtf did you edit my post?? i am able to post small text as that feature is enabled. 

you are overstepping your authority.

wow!

I don't think so.  If you have something to say, say it in regular size text we can all read, don't hide it with small size and grey-out. 

But you're welcome to go off and complain about it if you choose.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct.

I don't think so.  If you have something to say, say it in regular size text we can all read, don't hide it with small size and grey-out. 

look overlord, you need only ask yourself one question... why is size and color enabled for me to customize in my editor. you are overreaching your authority, by leaps and bounds.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct.

additionally, it is not hiding anything. it is my style and i have been doing that since day one here and i do it on many forms, it is just my style. if you want to see what it says, you just need to work for it. again, leave my **** alone if it does not violate the terms of service.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

look overlord, you need only ask yourself one question... why is size and color enabled for me to customize in my editor. you are overreaching your authority, by leaps and bounds.

Why do folks feel that everything that would make a Message group unpleasant or unreadable has to be spelled out in a rule somewhere or physically precluded?

In case other people have bright ideas to emulate you,  I'll put it here: don't change part of your post, especially the snarky parts, to small fonts that people have trouble reading, especially on mobile devices with small screens.  It's not good practice.  It doesn't make the newsgroup a more pleasant or readable place. 

Good practice is not limited by the outer bounds of what the newsgroup software will allow. 

You've been messaged and asked politely not to do that, don't do that again.

If you have a private beef with me, PM is the place for that.  If that's not enough for you, go take it up with SDS. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why do folks feel that everything that would make a Message group unpleasant or unreadable has to be spelled out in a rule somewhere or physically precluded?

In case other people have bright ideas to emulate you,  I'll put it here: don't change part of your post, especially the snarky parts, to small fonts that people have trouble reading, especially on mobile devices with small screens.  It's not good practice.  It doesn't make the newsgroup a more pleasant or readable place. 

Good practice is not limited by the outer bounds of what the newsgroup software will allow. 

You've been messaged and asked politely not to do that, don't do that again.

If you have a private beef with me, PM is the place for that.  If that's not enough for you, go take it up with SDS. 

i think you are the one with the beef. you don't like that i challenged you when you went on your merge parade.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i think you are the one with the beef. you don't like that i challenged you when you went on your merge parade.

Dude, in all honesty, I have no idea who objected to that.  I was not keeping track. 

A couple people who went postal about it (went on and on and on and on) were banned, but by SDS not by me, and not for that reason as I understand it- certainly not for just objecting! 

Seriously, if I carried all that stuff around with me and kept track of who objected or what all, I

1) would indeed be the wrong person for the job

2) prolly wouldn't be able to walk by now, with that heavy a load

Peace out

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, in all honesty, I have no idea who objected to that.  I was not keeping track. 

A couple people who went postal about it (went on and on and on and on) were banned, but by SDS not by me, and not for that reason as I understand it- certainly not for just objecting! 

Seriously, if I carried all that stuff around with me and kept track of who objected or what all, I

1) would indeed be the wrong person for the job

2) prolly wouldn't be able to walk by now, with that heavy a load

Peace out

as you said, you have pm'd me. why do you insist on continuing here and disrupting the thread? i have been responding to those pm's. 

you are taking this whole episode wrong. the small text was meant for comedic relief. nothing nefarious was intended and as i stated, i have been doing this since day 1 here. why now all of a sudden is it an issue with you?

Edited by Foxx