Dolphins plan to run no-huddle offense; “13 personnel”

23 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Maybe a Dolphin fan will but a ticket this year

Maybe the engineers who designed the roof on the stadium upgrades to add shade could explain why it missed the players on the field.......lol.

Seriously: it was a very nice upgrade. Looks nice and puts most fans in the shade. Just does not put the players in the shade enough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I go there every year, I have no idea why they built that monstrosity of a dome

Serves no purpose rather then drain tax payers money

we all know there is no state income tax in Fla. perhaps it is us New Yorkers who actually paid for that roof to keep the sun off the transplants that have moved there. wouldn't surprise me to find out ol' Andy sent some of our tax money down there.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

i look forward to a lot of quick 3 and Outs, contributing to a worn down defense. I hope.

Sounds interesting.

I can see league going the big "WR" route, would create a lot of mismatches for the offense.

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think this actually makes sense for Miami. They expect their O-line to be upgraded. I think a no-huddle plays to Tannehill's strengths, assuming his knee issues are behind him. He works well out of the pocket, and has the experience to make quick reads, and improvise. 

I still remember (and cringe at) Dick Jauron's disastrous no-huddle offense behind a dismal O-line. Poor Trent Edwards...

dnt forget EJ running the no huddle as a rookie :doh:

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

we all know there is no state income tax in Fla. perhaps it is us New Yorkers who actually paid for that roof to keep the sun off the transplants that have moved there. wouldn't surprise me to find out ol' Andy sent some of our tax money down there.

It would fit in with his communist manifesto.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I go there every year, I have no idea why they built that monstrosity of a dome

Serves no purpose rather then drain tax payers money

Pretty sure the owner paid for the whole thing (I live down in Ft Lauderdale and remember hearing it was different than the Marlins (that was funded by a tourist tax).

Also, supposedly it makes it a hell of a lot louder. When College Gameday was down here for the UM Notre Dame they kept being amazed how loud it was, as in loudest stadium they'd been in all year. 

Dolphins just gotta get good enough for people to care, and it could be a cool environment (we should be rooting for that, it would be nice to have high stakes, intense games in the division that mean something again).

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think this actually makes sense for Miami. They expect their O-line to be upgraded. I think a no-huddle plays to Tannehill's strengths, assuming his knee issues are behind him. He works well out of the pocket, and has the experience to make quick reads, and improvise. 

I still remember (and cringe at) Dick Jauron's disastrous no-huddle offense behind a dismal O-line. Poor Trent Edwards...

Yup ... after 0-4 preseason, didn't he fire Turk Schonert?  Not a good sign when you fire the OC just before the season starts.  I think Alex Van Pelt called the offense that year ... didn't end so well ...

The Dolphins have a lot of confidence in Tannehill, which explains why they skipped taking a QB in this past draft.  We'll see how this works out for them, but I suspect a lot of quick 3 and outs resulting in a tired Dolphins D.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That was my first thought, too. It all depends on the first pass. If they hit it, then they have the defense on their heels. Tannehill has HAD the mobility.

We will have to wait and see if its still true when he is back from last years Surgery..........

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

We will have to wait and see if its still true when he is back from last years Surgery..........

The Dolphins must feel confident that he does.

Personally, I'm not worried about Tannehill. He's never played well against Buffalo. At least, not well enough to win games.

Not afraid of the Fins this season.   

The one surprise I see coming is Quinn having a monster year for them.  He's 100% back from that injury and will be a disruptive force for them.  Have a buddy that works for the Rams, says they couldn't keep him but really wanted to.  He said look for him to do what Chandler Jones did last year on the field.